Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

37 minutes ago, Riku said:

Exactly so I’m like wtf 

I'm in the 1500's too. I'm not surprised they haven't called us for second PE's yet.  We were too far down when they stopped in the fall to need them.    Right now,  I've heard heads in the 1400s got letters.  We should be getting ours before the end of March. 

Everyone,  I've been thru this process before.  I was already a C/R and didn't finish probation.   With all the confusing as to when one gets called,  repeated drug tests and what not,  let me try to clarify a few things. 

1)there's no exact time frame for anything untill you report to orientation after you get hired.  That's fact.   So asking how long before I get a letter,  how long before I report after getting hired,  etc is a variable.   There's no definate answer 

2)as far as them having consideration of our time for all these appointments,  well,  someone mentioned it best,  if you really want this job,  you'll do what it takes to show up.  As I've mentioned here not long ago,  think of this whole process AS the interview.  How bad do you want this job AND can you come thru when needed cause when you're on the road, no matter what,  you have to show up for work and show up early.  "On time is late". 

3)this is the first C/R list that is done completely by Transit themselves and not DCAS.  Hence why not only it seems like it's all over the place but also the addition of the OPA process. We Never had to take an OPA for 8094.  

One thing is clear and certain though, when we all were told after taking the test that it's basically take it and forget about it because it will be awhile before jot only being called,  but hired, you now see that it wasn't BS.   And also a word to the wise,  Transit monitors everything.  EVERYTHING.  Br wary of how you act online and yes,  even here.    They csn get a hint of potential "problems" and sometime down the line,  will find an easy way to put you back on the street.  There's a motto among employees in transit.... "CYA". Cover Your A$$. trust  me on this.   

Don't rack your brains trying to figure out a time frame.  Wait for those call-ups,  show up when they tell you to.   In-between those times, just go about your normal lives. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Far Rock Depot said:

I'm in the 1500's too. I'm not surprised they haven't called us for second PE's yet.  We were too far down when they stopped in the fall to need them.    Right now,  I've heard heads in the 1400s got letters.  We should be getting ours before the end of March. 

Everyone,  I've been thru this process before.  I was already a C/R and didn't finish probation.   With all the confusing as to when one gets called,  repeated drug tests and what not,  let me try to clarify a few things. 

1)there's no exact time frame for anything untill you report to orientation after you get hired.  That's fact.   So asking how long before I get a letter,  how long before I report after getting hired,  etc is a variable.   There's no definate answer 

2)as far as them having consideration of our time for all these appointments,  well,  someone mentioned it best,  if you really want this job,  you'll do what it takes to show up.  As I've mentioned here not long ago,  think of this whole process AS the interview.  How bad do you want this job AND can you come thru when needed cause when you're on the road, no matter what,  you have to show up for work and show up early.  "On time is late". 

3)this is the first C/R list that is done completely by Transit themselves and not DCAS.  Hence why not only it seems like it's all over the place but also the addition of the OPA process. We Never had to take an OPA for 8094.  

One thing is clear and certain though, when we all were told after taking the test that it's basically take it and forget about it because it will be awhile before jot only being called,  but hired, you now see that it wasn't BS.   And also a word to the wise,  Transit monitors everything.  EVERYTHING.  Br wary of how you act online and yes,  even here.    They csn get a hint of potential "problems" and sometime down the line,  will find an easy way to put you back on the street.  There's a motto among employees in transit.... "CYA". Cover Your A$$. trust  me on this.   

Don't rack your brains trying to figure out a time frame.  Wait for those call-ups,  show up when they tell you to.   In-between those times, just go about your normal lives. 

^^^^^^Facts^^^^^^

A lot of what Far Rock is saying is true....... TA monitors everything...... and in this day and age, they have a specific cyber unit checking on whats going on in social media....

Somebody asked earlier about the training.......and in this thread and other list threads you will notice nobody gets in depth or specific about training....... Now you know the reason why.......

On 1/31/2019 at 7:22 PM, Nyctransitorhotels said:

Curious how many sick days do you get and if they run out and you take some is that a problem?? Lateness has to be strictly enforced too?

You get a sick day each month for your first year, then you get bumped up to 32, when you finish probation. After that, you get 12 days every May 1st. 

There's nothing wrong with taking days or running out if you are legit sick or unable to work. But if you're banging out because the sky is blue and/or you establish a pattern of banging out, then it'll be a problem. 

8 hours ago, BigCountry said:

Yeah Man!.... LoL....... Start Posting on Wednesday 2/6.......2 more days of class til then...... I, as you probably know already, heard some of these stories from other on the job Conductors, but nothing like feeling and seeing the real deal going through it myself. Your words of wisdom are golden too and I will definitely heed them too!....

Our CRB class is talking about this might be the last time we are all together at the same time and all..... Wondering....how often do you run into CRB/A classmate on the road?

And yeah......those 1 hour lunches together will be missed!......

Tbh i barely run into a classmate but we talk everyday... those are the people u grow with in transit ... & those 1 hr lunches are always missed and the stability of school car as far as scheduling goes ... ur about to have a love/hate relationship with overtime.... somedays u just want to go home and not be on the road but they will wave that "its money though" thing in your face. But then some days are amazing ! 

10 hours ago, Far Rock Depot said:

Thank you! That was freshing to read. So I’ll just continue to be patient hopefully soon 💪🏾

12 hours ago, Schecter said:

And you haven't received a second one yet... they expire every 3 months

That is about the same for me. I did my first PE in May of 2018. Didn't hear back until Nov  2018 to come in and do my second. Now i am going back on Feb 5th to do my third. 

3 hours ago, Janelleeac said:

Tbh i barely run into a classmate but we talk everyday... those are the people u grow with in transit ... & those 1 hr lunches are always missed and the stability of school car as far as scheduling goes ... ur about to have a love/hate relationship with overtime.... somedays u just want to go home and not be on the road but they will wave that "its money though" thing in your face. But then some days are amazing ! 

Yeah man!.......the stability of scheduling in schoolcar, I'm already coming to understand how that works and being at the mercy of the crew office!.....

Man! I was hoping to able to see some classmates waiting on board or on the lines, but I know it can be difficult being how disparaging the scheduling can be and how vast the subways are......

I do know just from life itself...... It's exciting to be starting something new and it's reassuring to know you have stability and security in your occupation, but big picture.....it's a job and there will be good days and bad days............ and there's a reason why they pay us because in perfect dream, we would get money for nothing and chilling all the time!...lol.....

9 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

You get a sick day each month for your first year, then you get bumped up to 32, when you finish probation. After that, you get 12 days every May 1st. 

There's nothing wrong with taking days or running out if you are legit sick or unable to work. But if you're banging out because the sky is blue and/or you establish a pattern of banging out, then it'll be a problem. 

12.a year is legit. 32? I think that was a typo. So 12 each year? 

That's official. I get 8 at my job. 

17 hours ago, BigCountry said:

It's very important for you guys keep fighting for this job.... Yes, I said fighting for this job as in battling these hardships of taking time off to come to these PE's/DT's. This is another way of how they get from 898 to 1041 to fill a class of 60 so fast........some people just give up or in between get called from another list of a test they've taken and take that offer instead. Candidates get weeded out. If you guys are getting these PE's/DT's means you're getting close and your time will come. I took 3 PE's/DT's before finally getting into Schoolcar. 

The funny or cool thing about this is your perseverance will pay off and if you've notice at these PE's/DT's , you see the same faces going every time you do too......some of these people will be your classmates and more importantly your sub-classmates and you will be joking about this in Schoolcar.......So!......to kill some time....you know....waiting.....and waiting...and waiting some more when your at 180 Livingston....get a head start of meeting and knowing them...... you will be joking about this in Schoolcar too......

I don't know if they just give up. Some people have to decide if this is the right job for them. Sometimes they decide no. Sometimes they're better off where they are or another civil service job calls em. 

In any case thanks to all of you on all your info. 

On 2/2/2019 at 1:08 PM, 123melvin said:

That is about the same for me. I did my first PE in May of 2018. Didn't hear back until Nov  2018 to come in and do my second. Now i am going back on Feb 5th to do my third. 

What is your list number? And do you know if they have a class coming up

15 minutes ago, Jay0989 said:

Just did my third PE. Mass hiring is taking place for conductors from what I heard. Confirmed list number 1041 appointed. Next class February 25 with March and April classes as probable. 

I'm still here waitingf or the lab to open back up. 

For those of you still waiting to get called for medical just hold on yall.  ive done the pre employment 3 times and trust me when I say theres no better feeling than getting your ID nd badge and heading down to the transit learning center that second day