R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Chris89292 said:

If that were true, why hasn’t the MTA posted anything about its first revenue service, pretty sure they’ll notify the public about it, especially for railfans 

Pretty sure they don't want the public/railfans specifically to know about this for obvious reasons. 

30 minutes ago, Chris89292 said:

If that were true, why hasn’t the MTA posted anything about its first revenue service, pretty sure they’ll notify the public about it, especially for railfans 

The way Railfans have been acting the last couple of years, why would they put that info up? Just so that more of these losers could come and jack these trains up? Come on now. 

4 hours ago, Princelex said:

The way Railfans have been acting the last couple of years, why would they put that info up? Just so that more of these losers could come and jack these trains up? Come on now. 

You act like it's gonna make a difference. Word spreads lol

1 hour ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

Knew it. believe the governor is upstate right now in Seneca Falls, especially with yesterday being International Women's day. 

The first run of the 211s is going to be a serious thing, so they probably still have to get that stuff worked out

They had like 2 years to do that, I think it was enough time, the R211’s are ready for passenger service 

1 hour ago, NBTA said:

And I laugh in the face of people thinking about cutting school/work for a train that ain’t ready yet.

If people can afford to do it, why do you care?

Their time. Their choice. 

(I love freelancing lol. Theres a level of privilege ill never give up)

Edited by LTA1992

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Watch people wait for a train that’s not going to come at 2 PM today lol.

I was thinking the same thing. How hilarious and awkward it would be to have ppl crowding a platform with cameras, shouting and acting like they just escaped from the local zoo. Only for nothing special to happen.

Edited by RandomRider0101
Added a missing detail

17 hours ago, Vulturious said:

IMG_2369.png?width=539&height=676

Stealing this joke from someone:
The R211A's are now officially U.S. Citizens

How completely unnecessary. The trains don't need to be "patriotic". It's just more visual clutter mucking up the look. Sigh. 

34 minutes ago, rbrome said:

How completely unnecessary. The trains don't need to be "patriotic". It's just more visual clutter mucking up the look. Sigh. 

I think its since Sept-11 that all MTA equipment be donned with a US flag. Im surprised they put the flag there, where normally the MTA logo would go. and the flag could go next to thee first door panel opposite the car number, similar to how the R142A/R188/R143/R160 cars have them.

1 minute ago, Cait Sith said:

No it doesn't. There's plenty of time for it to go into service.

Agreed. It's better we as the riding public wait until the kinks are ironed out before we get another R179 fiasco. I think the only NTT cars that were able to enter service without major teething issues were either the R142As or R143s (i forget which, and the R188s do not count, since they had to be electrically and mechanically equivalent to the R142As).

4 hours ago, LTA1992 said:

If people can afford to do it, why do you care?

Their time. Their choice. 

(I love freelancing lol. Theres a level of privilege ill never give up)

That one call out/skipped school day can be very important for their advancement. To each their own though, if they can do it, then so be it.