R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

Yep, the 4210-19 consist has touchdown at PIT as of 9 p.m.

4220 is prepping for embark any day now from Lincoln.

The production line is closing in on the 4300s at the moment. (4290)

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/2/2024 at 8:21 PM, subwaycommuter1983 said:

If it weren't for the r32's, the joke would have been believable.

In the event that 5 r211's get pulled from service for whatever reason in the very near future, the r46's would fill the gap.

Let's not forget that the r32's were retired before the r211's entered service.

Alright, it was an April fools joke, let’s not take it seriously…

2 hours ago, Kriston Lewis said:

The bulletin that was passed around stated that they could not run express in customer service between either 125-59 or Utica-Hoyt. Any other segment is fine.

No, the bulletin specifically said Euclid Av to Hoyt-Schermerhorn. I would repost the bulletin here but the mods removed it when I posted it the first time. Here is the the original Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/nycrail/comments/19c9r4n/r211t_to_start_service_on_the_c_line/?share_id=h5wxmAzdWT1mTNuDSCATt&utm_content=1&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_source=share&utm_term=4

There were definitely some passengers still on the train, so either the MTA subsequently retracted or modified that ban, or somebody messed up.

6 minutes ago, U-BahnNYC said:

So at this point are all 4100-series in service besides 4150-4159? That would make the (A) around 50% NTT now - when are the R46's going to start getting axed?

you should visit the r46 retirement thread

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

you should visit the r46 retirement thread

So far I think only 1 8-car train was transferred to Coney Island, to allow 1 R68 train to transfer to Concourse. Remember that the (M) train is back in full service so the (C) needs more R46s. It’s about a 60/40 split of R46s to R179s on the (C) since ENY needs their cars again. So we have to wait until some 4200 series R211s hit the tracks before another set of R46s transfers to keep the spare factor high 

Edited by darkstar8983

1 hour ago, Metro CSW said:

Ladies and gentlemen, you love to see it; 4085-89 has returned to service after almost six months OOS. Coupled with 4160-64.

Nice, and I saw that 4080-84 had moved spots in the yard, from one spot to another.

5 hours ago, darkstar8983 said:

So far I think only 1 8-car train was transferred to Coney Island, to allow 1 R68 train to transfer to Concourse. Remember that the (M) train is back in full service so the (C) needs more R46s. It’s about a 60/40 split of R46s to R179s on the (C) since ENY needs their cars again. So we have to wait until some 4200 series R211s hit the tracks before another set of R46s transfers to keep the spare factor high 

honestly IMO you wont see 46s leaving until probably the 4300s or whenever they start running out of room to store trains at pitkin

5 hours ago, darkstar8983 said:

Don’t forget the R211Ts on the C