ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

11 minutes ago, Dukeington said:

My wife took the exam and is list #108x... they haven’t contacted her for drug test or anything yet.. is that part of Pre employment? Should she call up?  Thanks in advance 

Yes the drug test is part of pre employment. From what I’ve seen in this forum they haven’t gotten to the 1000’s yet. 

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

I wanted to ask this one more time and see if I get a response. If you recently failed bus op training, could that cause transit to reject you for another list, like this one? Currently in that situation myself.

Hey best bet would be to call Ms Vargas at Livingston Street. She would be able to give you the most accurate information. 

I report to Livingston Street tomorrow for the pre-employment process.  In June, I got caught up in one of those NYPD traffic ticket blitzes in Manhattan on 57th and 2nd Ave.  They had about 7 cars pulled over for not completely stopping at the flashing red signal.  Whatever the case, I plead not guilty.  My DMV court date is in July of 2019.  Are they going to make me change my plea  to guilty and pay the $250 fine, and get 3 points on my license?  What if I would have beaten it at the time of my hearing?  Is this considered pending?  I just really don't want to pay that fine and get those points if I have a chance at beating the ticket.  What is your guys take on this?  I appreciate any info you can give me.  Thank you.

44 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

If the ticket is pending they are gonna tell you plea guilty and take the fine then put it on your application otherwise you will have to wait until the court date.

SO basically if I don't pay right now,  they are going to hold up my application process until my court date in July of 2019?

6 minutes ago, NYCQuietStorm said:

Guess i should pay it right now so I dont even have to deal with it.  Thank you for the info.  

Basically they dont want to offer you employment if you owe the city money and as long as the ticket pending there is a possibility that you will owe the city money which in their eyes means you owe the city money. So either way unless you choose to defer till after July it's best to pay. I believe you have to bring a reciept with your name on it showing that you paid otherwise your trip to Livingston will be a waste.

21 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Im confused now. People in the 800s have been apparently getting calls. But I just spoke with Transit at their phone no and the lady said they've only called up to the 600s. What gives? Is something up?

i just spoke with someone as well they stated that the most recent number they are up to for sending letters would be 1224 for this week.

12 minutes ago, Nexdup said:

i just spoke with someone as well they stated that the most recent number they are up to for sending letters would be 1224 for this week.

I knew it! The people at 180 Livingston have NO idea of what's going on. Ms Chestnut (who runs the bus div) told me that I was getting a rejection letter from the recent mabstoa list. She then called me a day later to come in for final processing! We need to get to the bottom of thid.

17 minutes ago, Nexdup said:

Maybe my letter got lost in the mail because I didn't get anything and I'm 90*

9 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

I knew it! The people at 180 Livingston have NO idea of what's going on. Ms Chestnut (who runs the bus div) told me that I was getting a rejection letter from the recent mabstoa list. She then called me a day later to come in for final processing! We need to get to the bottom of thid.

i spoke with someone from transit and not livingston so that maybe something that is not relayed to livingston but i could be wrong

7 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Maybe my letter got lost in the mail because I didn't get anything and I'm 90*

i hope you get that invite soon as well they my have just mailed them out again i could be wrong because i don't work there and when you call you get multiple answers sometimes none at all. i provided her with my ssn to see if my invite was in the mail by the way she verified that nothing has been sent to my address. you may have better luck as you are within that range of being invited. 

Just now, Nexdup said:

i spoke with someone from transit and not livingston so that maybe something that is not relayed to livingston but i could be wrong

i hope you get that invite soon as well they my have just mailed them out again i could be wrong because i don't work there and when you call you get multiple answers sometimes none at all. i provided her with my ssn to see if my invite was in the mail by the way she verified that nothing has been sent to my address. you may have better luck as you are within that range of being invited. 

I think I might just go down there and ask in person. Bc if what you heard was true, then they've passed my list no already. What number did you call?

Are there any other phone numbers i can call to speak with someone from transit employment? I keep trying Michelle Vargas' number, but It just keeps going to her voice mailbox. I'm starting to get a little worried because I'm 8** and haven't heard anything yet. 

Edited by Hotgrunt2393

30 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

I think I might just go down there and ask in person. Bc if what you heard was true, then they've passed my list no already. What number did you call?

21 minutes ago, Hotgrunt2393 said:

Are there any other phone numbers i can call to speak with someone from transit employment? I keep trying Michelle Vargas' number, but It just keeps going to her voice mailbox. I'm starting to get a little worried because I'm 8** and haven't heard anything yet. 

347-643-8218

24 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

That's actually Ms. Vargas' direct line; I believe she is at Livingston, too. I'm def going down there for answers next week. Calling them seems to do little to find out the truth.

I wish you the best of luck and keep us posted please.