ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MarkGuy said:

Is that 115? Or you're hiding the 4th Digit? Cause if the latter, they've def passed my list no.

Lol yah, 115x. thousands are being called!

for those that passed pre-employment/background stages, how long before they give you an offer? Trying to plan out a timeline of things, I have a newborn and wanted to clear out any schedules.

Edited by MTAHopeful813

12 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

for those that passed pre-employment/background stages, how long before they give you an offer? Trying to plan out a timeline of things, I have a newborn and wanted to clear out any schedules.

My number was passed then. Going to see if there's a letter waiting for me today at home. If not, I'm visiting them in person. Thanks, and good luck! They should give u an offer once called for final processing (full medical exam) that should not take longer than 2 wks.

Faced with a tough decision. Got called for Pre- employment and I just took the physical for fdny firefighter. I'm expected to be in the next June class, worse case maybe next dec (a year away). should I start Mta n then leave for fire, or just wait for fire. Firefighter has always been my dream job, train operator was just the backup. Just looking for opinions.

18 minutes ago, 2nice said:

Faced with a tough decision. Got called for Pre- employment and I just took the physical for fdny firefighter. I'm expected to be in the next June class, worse case maybe next dec (a year away). should I start Mta n then leave for fire, or just wait for fire. Firefighter has always been my dream job, train operator was just the backup. Just looking for opinions.

Actually 2nice, you're in a damn good position. I wish I was you right now! If you're expected to be in the June class for FDNY you can start the process for MTA. If you are hired by MTA, I think they give you a fixed set of hours for training. See if you can get training hours so you can do additional processing for the FDNY if you need to. MTA training is about 8-9 months so you're good until FDNY actually hires you. If you do have to start the June class, then you will know by then if you want to stick with MTA or move on to FDNY.  You'll be making damn good money until a final decision has to be made! Hope that helps you, good luck. 

1 hour ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Even though you’re doing pre employment soon it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re going to call you back for final processing right away. Some of us have been going to pre employments since the end of May /early June. Next week will be my 3rd pre employment session 😩

I feel like there isn’t really a definitive answer for when an offer will be made. 

Edited by Djx

9 minutes ago, Djx said:

Even though you’re doing pre employment soon it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re going to call you back for final processing right away. Some of us have been going to pre employments since the end of May /early June. Next week will be my 3rd pre employment session 😩

I feel like there is really a definitive answer for when an offer will be made. 

Three pre-employment sessions?  What the hell are they doing? That is so crazy, are they trying to discourage and annoy people on purpose?

Yea this will be my second time going for pre-employment. The first time was for the provisional employment though and they didn't arrive to my number so it is what it is. But if I go again and then still have to wait 6 months I'm gonna be pissed. 

Just got PE letter 116* for nov 19th. I start new hire orientation for metro north on Wednesday for ticket seller. Am I better off sticking with metro north and moving up the ranks? Do I even have a choice? I know you cant change positions for at least a year once I'm hired. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

1 hour ago, msmcmillan said:

Three pre-employment sessions?  What the hell are they doing? That is so crazy, are they trying to discourage and annoy people on purpose?

Filling out the paperwork again for the third time is so crazy lol. Hopefully I won’t be in there all day. 

1 hour ago, Poconodanno said:

Going for my 2nd P/E on the 13th also...list number 85x., provisional number was 81x. Hoping I don’t end up in the last group to drug test again...took me almost 13 hours!

Why did it take that long.. how much earlier should a person get there so they can be out early ?

6 hours ago, 2nice said:

Fire all the way, I was one of those 98’s that got pushed back for exam 2000’s. I’d give  anything to have a second opportunity at fire but I’m passed the age limit.

same as you, I took this as a plan B. It all depends on you now tbh. Two totally different jobs, if fires your dream job then you already have your answer.