ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

16 minutes ago, Nexdup said:

Has anyone above the 1200 list number received a pre employment correspondence? For those who have received the corresponence could you confirm the the starting pay rate, would that be 32.14 or 34.12 or a different number ?

Starts at 34.162 and after 231 road days it is 36.24999

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, I received my pre employment letter in which I have to report on 11/16 to start my medical. I understand upon taking employment with MTA you cannot have any pending tickets. Upon my initial visit on 11/16 should that ticket be cleared up by then? Do they look into this stuff during that initial visit or it’s the visit after? Thanks 

6 hours ago, nipaaaa said:

If i have to guess, only people below 500-600 have a chance at the Nov 26 class.  There should be a Dec class because Ms. Vargas said at my pre-employment that they need to hire 180 people per quarter. Since 41 people are going into the Nov class and there was no Oct class, they gonna need to fill 139 vacancies from Dec until Jan-Feb before a newquarter begins. I'm not sure which months belong to which quarter. It could be fiscal or non-fiscal quarters.

Of course this is all just my own speculation so take it with a grain on salt.

The December class is set for Dec 17 

1 hour ago, Fredman0220 said:

Hello, I received my pre employment letter in which I have to report on 11/16 to start my medical. I understand upon taking employment with MTA you cannot have any pending tickets. Upon my initial visit on 11/16 should that ticket be cleared up by then? Do they look into this stuff during that initial visit or it’s the visit after? Thanks 

Pay it all off because they will send u home until u get it all taken care of. There was some drama last time because they tried to send a bunch of us home because we owed tickets, but some of us were able to pay them online right away and the dude tried to act like it wasn't acceptable. He finally gave in and let us stay but we almost lost time because of tickets. 

I even went so far as to plead guilty on a traffic violation even tho the officer herself told me to plead not guilty. The hearing wasn't until December 18th so I'm not gonna wait and put off the process over 135 bucks and 2 points. 

So Yea, if u can just pay everything u owe off before pre-employment. 

11 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Pay it all off because they will send u home until u get it all taken care of. There was some drama last time because they tried to send a bunch of us home because we owed tickets, but some of us were able to pay them online right away and the dude tried to act like it wasn't acceptable. He finally gave in and let us stay but we almost lost time because of tickets. 

I even went so far as to plead guilty on a traffic violation even tho the officer herself told me to plead not guilty. The hearing wasn't until December 18th so I'm not gonna wait and put off the process over 135 bucks and 2 points. 

So Yea, if u can just pay everything u owe off before pre-employment. 

Thanks so much. Do you know if the points matter or as long as your license is valid you should be good?

Just now, Fredman0220 said:

Thanks so much. Do you know if the points matter or as long as your license is valid you should be good?

Nah as far as I know the points don't matter but I was there all the way back in June so I don't remember if that's 100 percent accurate. 

Does any one have the answer to this ? 

Can I defer after the original list has been established and I been canvassed ? 

The reason why I ask if because I was under the impression that you can but after speaking with someone at DCAS i was told that i can not reinstate my name was i go inactive, sometimes there may be employees that don’t necessarily have the facts straight so I’m asking if any of you fellas or ladies have had to defer I’m list 79x

3 minutes ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

I have pre employment medical on 11/16. What are they looking for on your license? I have 2 points 1 suspension and 2 moving violations on my license. Any feedback? 

As long as u don't owe money that's all they worried about. 

4 minutes ago, FutureBOtoTO said:

Pre-Employment Medical? Do you have Pre-employment or did you do pre. Employment already and now you have to do medical/final processing? 

Not sure if you’re referring to my original question, but I’m going for pre employment on 11/16, I’ve yet to do a medical.

On 11/5/2018 at 12:07 AM, 2nice said:

Wondering if anyone has the answer to this. I'm sure majority of people that take city exams take more than 1. What happens if u leave your city job while on probation for another city agency. U don't like the new title or something bad happens. Can u still go back to the previous title being that u left while still on probation?

No you can't go back.  You have to be in title in that position for a year and off probation for you to be able to come back to that position if it didn't work out in the new position.  So that lady you called at Livingston was correct.

14 hours ago, Fredman0220 said:

I just spoke to a gentleman who has 20+ years on the job who’s very cool with some supervisors. He informed me since I have a ticket that I’m fighting and don’t owe any money towards that I should be fine. As long as there’s no money owed that’s all they care about.

10 minutes ago, Fredman0220 said:

I just spoke to a gentleman who has 20+ years on the job who’s very cool with some supervisors. He informed me since I have a ticket that I’m fighting and don’t owe any money towards that I should be fine. As long as there’s no money owed that’s all they care about.

They will tell u to come back after the court date. At least that's what they told us when I was there in June. One guy was mad because he had to drive all the way to Connecticut to settle it sooner because he didn't want to defer it any longer. 

11 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

They will tell u to come back after the court date. At least that's what they told us when I was there in June. One guy was mad because he had to drive all the way to Connecticut to settle it sooner because he didn't want to defer it any longer. 

Yes you are correct about this. I just called the hiring center and the guy informed me you should have nothing pending or owed.

20 minutes ago, BrookylnBorn said:

When did u go in for your pre-employment? Im list #41x so im curious on the turn around after the piss test

17 minutes ago, Fredman0220 said:

Yes how long did it take to receive the email for your medical after your pre employment?

I went in for pre-employment last friday Nov. 2.

^Thanks, lets wait and see

Went to pre-employ on Monday, whoever said you dont have to arrive early is giving bad tips lol

was literally there for 12 hours, showed up at around 7:45 which I knew was a big mistake given the first couple times I went how long I’ve waited even arriving around 7am

Lab was put on hold for current employees, so the rest of us had to wait for them to finish

They told us we could go take a walk/get food and come back, felt like I did a work shift lol