ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

1 minute ago, LEO1990 said:

Then that would make me the unluckiest person alive seeing as how this exact process happened to me twice (once back in may, once now). Either that or the MTA hiring crew are a bunch of f*ck ups. lastly, maybe there really is some biased hiring agenda, but id rather not get into that topic.

Another reason I can think of is either you wrote your email down illegibly OR the person in charge of emailing medical notices has been sending the emails out to the wrong address. Try calling Michelle or like i said go down there.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nipaaaa said:

Another reason I can think of is either you wrote your email down illegibly OR the person in charge of emailing medical notices has been sending the emails out to the wrong address. Try calling Michelle or like i said go down there.

the last time i called i was given the run around, placed on hold, and had my time wasted. but i will try again. do you have a direct number to her? if not i will just go down there sometime this week and speak to someone in person.

3 hours ago, Rush1982 said:

Thanks, I was appointed on Friday so maybe it just hasn't been put into the system yet. 

The HR person said wait 24-48 (business?) hrs after hire to order the boots. You should be well into 72 hours and be able to order. Maybe wait til Friday 11/16 and see if you can place the order then?

22 minutes ago, LEO1990 said:

the last time i called i was given the run around, placed on hold, and had my time wasted. but i will try again. do you have a direct number to her? if not i will just go down there sometime this week and speak to someone in person.

347-643-8218 Ms. Vargas

36 minutes ago, Rohq said:

When filling out pre employment form, for periods of unemployment, should we simply put unemployed or explain like in school / ill / stay at home parent etc.. Searching the tread saw 1 person say put explanation and another say just unemployed (told to cross out explanation when they went downtown). Anyone can verify which?

just write unemployed

37 minutes ago, nipaaaa said:

The HR person said wait 24-48 (business?) hrs after hire to order the boots. You should be well into 72 hours and be able to order. Maybe wait til Friday 11/16 and see if you can place the order then?

Thank you. I was able to set up my account.. now I just need to figure out what boots to order lol. 

2 minutes ago, Rush1982 said:

Thank you. I was able to set up my account.. now I just need to figure out what boots to order lol. 

I got the Hytest ones, they are a bit heavy can’t lie, I would take a half size down, there are ones called wolverines, my classmate said those are comfortable. 

3 minutes ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

I actually Printed out my official abstract today. I got 3 moving violations. What to do? Pre employment is   11/16

They do not care about violations. As long as your license is valid and you do not have any pending court dates you are fine! 

7 minutes ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

I actually Printed out my official abstract today. I got 3 moving violations. What to do? Pre employment is   11/16

Don't have to list it in your pre-employment form. When you report for pre-employment, they will give you this booklet in which page 14 will ask you for traffic violations. You will be asked to bring this comprehensive personnel document back to medical/final processing if you pass the drug test.

Edited by nipaaaa

1 hour ago, Imhim said:

They do not care about violations. As long as your license is valid and you do not have any pending court dates you are fine! 

Going forward this position no longer needs a driver's license. They are just concerned that all tickets are paid off and what violations you ever received. They don't care how many times your license been suspended or points taken.

Edited by rcabrer1

Today I was sworn in and will be starting with the November 26th class.  Im am so excited.  I always wanted to operate.  Just want to thank you all.  This group here is awesome and you guys helped answer so many of my questions and made me feel at home.  From the bottom of my heart, thank you all.  And for those still going through the process, good luck, stay positive, and ill see you in the trenches.  

6 minutes ago, NYCQuietStorm said:

Today I was sworn in and will be starting with the November 26th class.  Im am so excited.  I always wanted to operate.  Just want to thank you all.  This group here is awesome and you guys helped answer so many of my questions and made me feel at home.  From the bottom of my heart, thank you all.  And for those still going through the process, good luck, stay positive, and ill see you in the trenches.  

Congrats, and good luck in school car!

37 minutes ago, NYCQuietStorm said:

Congrats. Glad to help where we can. I hope to be down in the tunnels soon! Hopefully I'll make the nov 26th class as well. Still a chance! Congrats again!

P/E 11/30. Assuming all goes well (no drugs or employment gaps here, and a boring legal background) For the medical part, I’m 6’ 2” BMI is around 34...and my blood pressure is managed with medication from my MD. Can anybody who has been through a similar situation tell me what I can expect? Thanks

1 hour ago, kev2112 said:

P/E 11/30. Assuming all goes well (no drugs or employment gaps here, and a boring legal background) For the medical part, I’m 6’ 2” BMI is around 34...and my blood pressure is managed with medication from my MD. Can anybody who has been through a similar situation tell me what I can expect? Thanks

I think you should be okay kev2112. I think over 35 bmi they will put you on medical hold. I think you should be okay with the prescription for bp, but someone more knowledgeable should answer that one. I would bring a note from the doctor just in case you're still testing high bp.  But, if you're testing normal bp with the meds, they won't place you on hold. 

16 minutes ago, msmcmillan said:

I think you should be okay kev2112. I think over 35 bmi they will put you on medical hold. I think you should be okay with the prescription for bp, but someone more knowledgeable should answer that one. I would bring a note from the doctor just in case you're still testing high bp.  But, if you're testing normal bp with the meds, they won't place you on hold. 

Thanks for info. I do heavy cardio 5 days a week and eat right, so I'm hoping that helps

11 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

Thanks for info. I do heavy cardio 5 days a week and eat right, so I'm hoping that helps

This is great and I hope it does help keep your BMI down under that 35 mark. Another thing to keep in consideration is your neck size. If it is over 18" they will put you on hold and have you do a sleep apnea test for that. You should be able to get that number from a local tailor or dress store. Get it just to make sure that you're good!

3 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

This is great and I hope it does help keep your BMI down under that 35 mark. Another thing to keep in consideration is your neck size. If it is over 18" they will put you on hold and have you do a sleep apnea test for that. You should be able to get that number from a local tailor or dress store. Get it just to make sure that you're good!

Is it 17 or 18? I think someone else said 17 before. 

2 hours ago, kev2112 said:

Try asking your doctor about the medication. I was a candidate for the fdny a few years ago and also have high BP controlled by meds. the doctor informed me that there were certain medications where it’s an automatic fail for most city drug tests due to the nature of the job (cardiac arrest etc behind the lever).

If I remember correctly they’re categorized as beta blocker and there’s another term I can’t remeber, the pcp should be able to tell you since you’re prob not the first person to ask. 

If it helps I am on Losartan potassium 50mg, this medication qualifies me for a couple of jobs I’ve taken Medicals for.