ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

5 hours ago, acabral136 said:

I'm only going to pre-employment today but I'm so nervous about this just because I know it's gonna cost me a month. My bmi is over 35 but I don't have sleep aepna, I just snore a little. Im never sleepy during the day unless my toddler daughter had a rough night and I have never ever fallen asleep driving or nothing like that. I started a strict diet on Friday and have been sticking to it and already lost 6 pounds since then. Maybe I can drop another 30 by the time I get a call for medical to get my bmi under that 35 mark so I don't have to stress it. 

No need to be nervous.  Medical usually follow pre-employment within 3 days, at least for most, however; the high blood pressure AND having a BMI of 35 or higher is an issue if you are taking blood pressure meds.  If you are not taking any blood pressure meds prescribed by your PCP then they will use your neck size to make the sleep study assessment.  Not that anyone may have sleep apnea it's just a precautionary measure.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Mrhands0me said:

That’s crazy I just looked at where I need to be for my height and weight (BMI) I’m 6 foot and should be at 177 or less, I need to weight myself last time I checked I was like 190, but I run everyday, gonna check tomorrow, don’t want any speed bumps to come my way.

Its only if you have high blood pressure AND a BMI of 35 or more.  Having a high BMI only they will just measure your neck size to determine if they should send  you for a sleep sutdy

3 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Don’t lose hope. There will be more classes after November. Plus, the numbers don’t add up for the 1000’s to be in the November class, so I don’t know what you were expecting.

I was at least expecting to be called for medical not long after. But idk what's gonna happen now.

3 minutes ago, 2nice said:

I think I'm missing that then because nowhere in the packet does it ask about arrests. N if they are only processing in the 400's, why did they send packets to people in the 1900's. That sounds like ppl will have to attend multiple pe's..smh

Yes, I'm confused as well about that.

8 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

I was at least expecting to be called for medical not long after. But idk what's gonna happen now.

Unfortunately the medical does take a while. Those of us in the 600-700’s have done at least 3 preemployment drug tests, each time hoping they’ll call us for medical right away. This time seems different since they’re calling off the official list and they supposedly have a class in December.

Don’t agonize over it, go about your life as usual and eventually you’ll get that email, and it’ll be a pleasant surprise.

8 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Yes, I'm confused as well about that.

This is what I was trying to explain to this board in my other post. It’s common sense the MTA Are not hiring 1000 ppl short term. Yes I understand they are extremely short T/o’s My Brother  tells me this al the time because he is one, but basic math will tell you they are not calling ppl in that are 1200+ for medicals or even after that for class no time soon. They will have to go from 400-1000. That’s 600 ppl. How many people are there per class ? Lol just ask yourself the simple questions and it will make sense. Not trying to bash but we are all anxious to start we just have to go through the process forget about it and remain patient. 

3 minutes ago, Kidbx175 said:

This is what I was trying to explain to this board in my other post. It’s common sense the MTA Are not hiring 1000 ppl short term. Yes I understand they are extremely short T/o’s My Brother  tells me this al the time because he is one, but basic math will tell you they are not calling ppl in that are 1200+ for medicals or even after that for class no time soon. They will have to go from 400-1000. That’s 600 ppl. How many people are there per class ? Lol just ask yourself the simple questions and it will make sense. Not trying to bash but we are all anxious to start we just have to go through the process forget about it and remain patient. 

My thing is, if you aren't ready to call me for both the d/t and medical within a short period, don't waste my time then, and contact me when you're ready to do both for my list no.

17 minutes ago, 2nice said:

I think I'm missing that then because nowhere in the packet does it ask about arrests. N if they are only processing in the 400's, why did they send packets to people in the 1900's. That sounds like ppl will have to attend multiple pe's..smh

I believe they are trying to get people in these next couple of classes ahead of time. Does your p/e packet says you need to bring a blue ink pen only?

I am asking because the p/e package for the last list I was on included a page 4 and required black and blue ink pen.

from reading other forums it looks to me as if there could be a three month window between the d/t and med. And from what i am reading here it seems as if some are either not ready to go or are just seeing if they had a shot to make it, not to mention those who may be placed on medical hold or may fail the d/t, i am not attempting to be a jerk but those are all factors. i am thinking at about jan or feb class is when the 1000+ individuals will be called in 

Wonder if the reason for multiple pre employments was because the list wasn't official yet, but now that it is we may only have to do it once. Jus my thought. Still can't see why they would only be in the 400's with processing, but call up to 1900 for pre employment. That would mean those people in the 1900's would have to attend like 5 times lol which I highly doubt is the case.

This is my second time and it's taking just as long as the first so I hope it's the last pre-employment for me. This waiting around is exhausting. 

Edit: just to put it in perspective for ya.. I was no more than 40th max on the line and I'm still waiting to do my drug test. So if u get here past 7 30am, get ready to leave at 7pm. 

Edited by acabral136

22 minutes ago, SeanH525 said:

Got the email to go in for medical this Thursday 11/15. My list number is 44*. Good luck to everyone who’s still waiting. I’m below 35 BMI by a bit, definitely don’t have high blood pressure. Still, I get worried that something will come up. I hope I’m wrong lol

Congratulations. 

When was your PE?

You can postpone as long as you like so long as you reinstate your name and go through the entire hiring process(pre employment,medical) before the list expires on its 4th year.

4 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

You can postpone as long as you like so long as you reinstate your name and go through the entire hiring process(pre employment,medical) before the list expires on its 4th year.

Is there anything that disqualifies you for the position? I'm having back surgery

1 hour ago, 2nice said:

Wonder if the reason for multiple pre employments was because the list wasn't official yet, but now that it is we may only have to do it once. Jus my thought. Still can't see why they would only be in the 400's with processing, but call up to 1900 for pre employment. That would mean those people in the 1900's would have to attend like 5 times lol which I highly doubt is the case.

Your drug test and application expires every 90 days. 

Thats why you do multiple PE’s if you don’t make the next class. 

I was out by 1230p today. Here's why they call more people then they need. Reasons are people defer(because they live in Florida, or other parts of the state, isn't the right time for them etc...), fail drug test, get placed on medical hold(sleep apnea will have you on medical hold for 30 days if you have it and need to get the cpap. Machine etc...) lots of reasons they call so many extra candidates. They want to make sure they enough candidates to fill the classes. 

1 hour ago, JaKaMo85 said:

Is there anything that disqualifies you for the position? I'm having back surgery

They could put you on hold until you can work without restriction. You have to be able to climb aboard a train from the tracks. If you have equipment supporting your back this can be difficult

So I have a home blood pressure monitor and I'm getting around 145/90 which is slightly high and considered hypertension.  When the MTA doctor takes my pressure, are they going to consider that a medical issue if it's that high?  I know my BMI is under 35, but very close.  Right now with light clothes on, I am 220lbs, and my height with no shoes is about 5'7".  That brings my BMI to 34.5.  Do they weight you with all your clothes on?  Do they make you take your shoes off when they measure your height?  Even the smallest thing can have an effect on that BMI number.  I'm just trying to get an idea of how they are testing.  I'm right on the edge with everything.  And to boot, my neck is exactly 18 inches.  I always had a fat neck.  Its a mission to find dress shirts that aren't too tight.  Went through that all my life.  I heard they make you test for sleep apnea if your neck is 18 inches or larger. Just curious, is it a home test, or do they make you sleep in the hospital?  If anyone has more detailed information on the actual medical procedures, that would be awesome.   I wish everyone good luck on their PE and Medical coming up.  Thank you all for all the information and positive words.  

4 minutes ago, NYCQuietStorm said:

So I have a home blood pressure monitor and I'm getting around 145/90 which is slightly high and considered hypertension.  When the MTA doctor takes my pressure, are they going to consider that a medical issue if it's that high?  I know my BMI is under 35, but very close.  Right now with light clothes on, I am 220lbs, and my height with no shoes is about 5'7".  That brings my BMI to 34.5.  Do they weight you with all your clothes on?  Do they make you take your shoes off when they measure your height?  Even the smallest thing can have an effect on that BMI number.  I'm just trying to get an idea of how they are testing.  I'm right on the edge with everything.  And to boot, my neck is exactly 18 inches.  I always had a fat neck.  Its a mission to find dress shirts that aren't too tight.  Went through that all my life.  I heard they make you test for sleep apnea if your neck is 18 inches or larger. Just curious, is it a home test, or do they make you sleep in the hospital?  If anyone has more detailed information on the actual medical procedures, that would be awesome.   I wish everyone good luck on their PE and Medical coming up.  Thank you all for all the information and positive words.  

Yes they may send you for a sleep study due to the neck size with pre-hypertension.  Are you taking any blood pressure meds?  They weigh you and take your height with everything on other than your outdoor layers.  You have to find a sleep medicine doctor on your own.  If you are willing to spend a 1000 dollars (due to medical insurance not paying) there is a nice place called EOS  sleep on e62nd that do it but yes you have to sleep there over night.

27 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Anybody know if I can just schedule a sleep study myself on my own time with my doctor and bring that with me on the medical before they call me in? Maybe I could save myself some time. 

Time not saved, as they will have their own paperwork for you to bring to the doctor.