ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

7 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

They always say that there’s no classes scheduled until they actually start calling people.

If a TSS told whoever mentioned the March classes that they will be scheduled, then there’s a good chance it’s true.

Also, considering the fact that TSS’ can start teaching a new class as soon as their original class starts YX, y’all should expect a call in or around March. My entire induction starts YX in March, so the timeline matches. Have faith and be patient. Good luck!

it was I that said there will be a march class according to my TSS Greene. I just started yard posting today, my induction class is from 11/25/18. The trainer that I had today told me that in 5 years, about 75% of the current T.O workforce will retire so this list will move faster than the previous one. Also considering that a lot of current T.Os will also be moving around to other titles, MTA will have to keep filling these vacancies. Last week during station switching, I spoke with a 2-year vet who said he was from the 2009 list. His list # was like 601x and he started schoolcar in 2017. That list had 1 or 2 freezes that's why it took so many years for him.

Edited by nipaaaa

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Schecter said:

Let's hope you and I don't have long to wait the only thing I'm dreading is the medical I just hope I'm not put on hold...

Medical is actually no big deal IF you have no pre-existing conditions. Biggest ones are Diabetes and sleep apnea. If you have either of those, make sure that you have current labs done, and sleep study results and CPAP usage to show 70% usage for an average minimum of 4 hours per night, and AHI of 6 or less. Diabetes needs A1C of less than 9.0. Know your list of medications if you take any. Like stated further back, you will need the form from MTA to have your doctor fill out and sign...the quicker you can get back to clear a hold, the better! I missed getting appointed for 1/28 class due to this...

1 hour ago, Jay-Oh said:

The test was ridiculously easy, both of them.

TB-12 is my class number. I’m sitting right in front of Medford atm.

Congrats to you and Medford! Continue to stay in them books cause when you go yard posting you’ll be evaluated by a TSS and depending on who you get it can be quick and smooth or a long process with a whole bunch of questions trying to trip you up! Door cut, trouble shooting, circuit breakers, all that! 

2 hours ago, Imhim said:

Congrats to you and Medford! Continue to stay in them books cause when you go yard posting you’ll be evaluated by a TSS and depending on who you get it can be quick and smooth or a long process with a whole bunch of questions trying to trip you up! Door cut, trouble shooting, circuit breakers, all that! 

Yeah man, I definitely plan on it. I mean, I’m not gonna study for the first week when I start YX, I need a little time to turn my brain off when I get home lol.

5 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

Passed the midterm and pre signal test, sitting within TB-12 brethren.

Congratulations brother. 

Passed both last week and my signal test Wednesday. 

Got prep for service tomorrow and group switching next week. Ready to start making these moves and get out of the class setting for a change.  Keep up the good work.  

Hey Men,

I Just received This email from Ms. Vargas on Friday, February 15. Just to ease everybody's nerves a little: 

We just have to stick it out a little and be patient.

"Good morning,

The last number hired for Train Operator is list # 860. At this time we do not have any class dates. You can get an update the middle of April with the future class dates.

Thank you,

Michelle Vargas"

21 hours ago, boomer815 said:

Hey Men,

I Just received This email from Ms. Vargas on Friday, February 15. Just to ease everybody's nerves a little: 

We just have to stick it out a little and be patient.

"Good morning,

The last number hired for Train Operator is list # 860. At this time we do not have any class dates. You can get an update the middle of April with the future class dates.

Thank you,

Michelle Vargas"

Was the January 28 class the 6th class off the  list ?

I’m a 16** trying to do some math - Lol

Thanks and good luck to all !

27 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Do they tell you if you passed right there and then or do you have to wait like a week until they say the grades?

You’ll know if you failed. Considering that you need 100% on the signal test or you lose your job, I don’t see why they would wait a week to tell you.

6 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

You’ll know if you failed. Considering that you need 100% on the signal test or you lose your job, I don’t see why they would wait a week to tell you.

I was just thinking of it like college how it takes them a week or days to grade your test lol 

2 hours ago, Schecter said:

I was just thinking of it like college how it takes them a week or days to grade your test lol 

Nah the TSS will grade everyone's papers right on the spot while everyone is sitting in the same room. You can watch the TSS do it too so it takes like 10-15 minutes depending on fast they read. Right when the TSS finishes, he'll be like "ok everyone passed" and that was it.

21 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

Congrats to your class! We get to tackle it thursday!

Good luck to you guys!
Don't worry, it's pretty easy, just make stay on top of the signals. Also, don't forget that you guys will need to key-by automatics and accept call-ons for the signal practical.