ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Random question but how hard is it to drive a train don't you just push a lever?

It’s not difficult. Also, don’t say “drive” because certain instructors/coworkers will break your balls about it. Just like you shouldn’t call a radio a “walkie talkie”. Lol 

1 minute ago, Jay-Oh said:

It’s not difficult. Also, don’t say “drive” because certain instructors/coworkers will break your balls about it. Just like you shouldn’t call a radio a “walkie talkie”. Lol 

What should be said instead of drive just curious 

2 hours ago, Schecter said:

Random question but how hard is it to drive a train don't you just push a lever?

Communications based train control trains are operated by literally pressing 1 button every 20 seconds. Trains currently on CBTC are the L and 7. I heard the E and F will get em next.

4 minutes ago, nipaaaa said:

Communications based train control trains are operated by literally pressing 1 button every 20 seconds. Trains currently on CBTC are the L and 7. I heard the E and F will get em next.

Lol that seems like the most easiest just press a button. So these trains are basically automatic kinda?

7 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Same they better reach the 1300s by then... one can only dream I guess

I Hope too. But since they ve called up to about 860 for medical, 200 plus people would have to either fail the drug test, defer, or have pending cases in a short time frame, so idk

11 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

I Hope too. But since they ve called up to about 860 for medical, 200 plus people would have to either fail the drug test, defer, or have pending cases in a short time frame, so idk

I’m 81*.  I got off medical hold a while ago so I’m probably going to be in the next group of people called. I’m sure I’ll have to take another drug test. If I get called for one I’ll let you guys know. 

55 minutes ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

Does this position need a drivers license? I have 4 points on my license

Yeah you do, and they might question you at 180 Livingston. Just make sure if you have any tickets that they're cleared before stepping in for the PE.

Edited by Schecter

Hello all. For those that filed an appeal. I also won an appeal recently and my list number is in the mid 400's. I received a letter on Monday 3/25 to report to 180 Livingston St for a "pre employment" on April 1. Hope this answers a few questions.

10 minutes ago, Nexdup said:

Sounds like progress is being made on calling ppl back 

1 hour ago, IVI said:

Hello all. For those that filed an appeal. I also won an appeal recently and my list number is in the mid 400's. I received a letter on Monday 3/25 to report to 180 Livingston St for a "pre employment" on April 1. Hope this answers a few questions.

Wow! You’ll def be in the apr 29 class. Them sending you the letter proves theyve started hiring again. Thx for info

17 minutes ago, Nexdup said:

Sounds like progress is being made on calling ppl back 

It’s moving but it’s going to be very slow 

only 20 vacancies , they have to consider promotional exams first, im list 79x and my number is not going to be reached for this class