ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

5 hours ago, acabral136 said:

PSA for all my forum TOs.. 

Gray shirt with a collar and dark blue navy pants for day one. Also order your boots before you get here. 

Way too many people here who didn't get the memo. Most of us are in gray, but there are a good 5-6 people in t shirts/jeans/wrong color shirts/sneakers/dress shoes. A few didn't order their boots yet because they didn't know they were free. 

Read everything they give u when u get sworn in. 

Anyway, good morning so far. Learned a lot about working here. They really make u feel like getting the foot in the door is a huge accomplishment which we already know, but it's nice to have it reinforced. Feels great to finally be in. 

They did get the memo; problem is they paid no attention to it.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, needajob said:

What's this thing about no backpacks? Can you bring a backpack ur first day? How much stuff do they give you the first day to take home? Like books/paperwork? Thanks

First day at hr orientation u should be fine with a backpack. We just sat in a large room all day listening to a bunch of different speakers about various different things. They will give u a lot of handouts so just bring something. 

I imagine tomorrow at Ps 248 we will need to have the proper bag tho. 

8 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

They did get the memo; problem is they paid no attention to it.

Oh I know it. One dude just said that out loud so I decided to use it lol. I mean nobody called them out on it so it must not have been a big deal, but I was amazed at how many people don't read directions. 

On 7/19/2019 at 2:10 PM, thirtydaes said:

“Be prepared to stop within 1/2 your range of vision” gets broken down into two parts? That’s news to me. 

1. Watch switches and rails for the route

2. Look for anything on the trackway that is unsafe to move past. 

That’s how we were taught. 

15 hours ago, acabral136 said:

Oh I know it. One dude just said that out loud so I decided to use it lol. I mean nobody called them out on it so it must not have been a big deal, but I was amazed at how many people don't read directions. 

So your telling me I don't have to go out and buy gray shirts and dark blue pants. I have blue, white, red shirts and black pants...really not trying to go buy 3 new gray shirts and dark blue pants...lol 

1 hour ago, needajob said:

So your telling me I don't have to go out and buy gray shirts and dark blue pants. I have blue, white, red shirts and black pants...really not trying to go buy 3 new gray shirts and dark blue pants...lol 

Go get the gray shirts and dark blue pants. Why even risk getting called out for something so simple?

1 hour ago, needajob said:

Just cause they didn't get called out doesn't mean somebody didn't take note. I wouldn't risk it, buy what they ask u. 

18 hours ago, Productions27 said:

Is there a reason you were given a sleep test?

I did it voluntarily because I thought I was going to be put on hold anyway. Joke's on me on that.

9 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Just cause they didn't get called out doesn't mean somebody didn't take note. I wouldn't risk it, buy what they ask u. 

Does the memo say where to buy them or it is just generic clothing and boots?

3 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I did it voluntarily because I thought I was going to be put on hold anyway. Joke's on me on that.

Does the memo say where to buy them or it is just generic clothing and boots?

Gray collar shirt and blue pants are purchased by u wherever. The boots u order from a website mta will give u for free. Order them right away. There's some people who waited and don't have any boots on today. 

gray is not even anything remotely close to what operators wear lol. Get a short/long sleeve white buttoned shirt with vertical lines spaced closely together like 2 cm. This might be too niche to find so the easier alternative is a long sleeve dark navy blue shirt, $5 from modell's you can buy a russell athletic. If you can get this with a turtleneck, even better.

Edited by nipaaaa

2 minutes ago, nipaaaa said:

gray is not even anything remotely close to what operators wear lol. Get a short/long sleeve white buttoned shirt with vertical lines spaced closely together like 2 cm. This might be too niche to find so the easier alternative is a long sleeve dark navy blue shirt, $5 from modell's you can buy a russell athletic.

They tell you to get gray tho...

2 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Did u pick or get forced into a division yet?

I got A division like I wanted since I live in the northern bronx. Most people wanted B and the last maybe 10-20 people got stuck in A.

A lot of dissapointed faces when it was announced that B was closed. 

I believe 20 went to A and 40 to B. 

3 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

I got A division like I wanted since I live in the northern bronx. Most people wanted B and the last maybe 10-20 people got stuck in A.

A lot of dissapointed faces when it was announced that B was closed. 

I believe 20 went to A and 40 to B. 

Cool. If i can pick leaning towards A cause it’s easier but my boy who’s a B div t/o is telling me to go to b cause I live in Jc.

Yeah you’re bugging with that @nipaaaa! They tell you wear gray, why would you suggest they wear something else? All the instructions were clearly stated on the green paper we're all given when sworn in! Don’t go in there looking like you can’t follow instructions or don’t care to read the information you’re given! Not a good way to start off! 

Edited by Imhim
Tagged wrong quote.

19 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Cool. If i can pick leaning towards A cause it’s easier but my boy who’s a B div t/o is telling me to go to b cause I live in Jc.

Lol the A isn’t “easier.” It’s less equipment to learn, but a train is a train honestly. You want to be in the division that best suits you for travel! Trust and believe when you’re at the mercy of the crew office and gotta be midnights starting in the Bronx all the time and don’t live there lol you’re gonna regret it. 

15 minutes ago, Imhim said:

Lol the A isn’t “easier.” It’s less equipment to learn, but a train is a train honestly. You want to be in the division that best suits you for travel! Trust and believe when you’re at the mercy of the crew office and gotta be midnights starting in the Bronx all the time and don’t live there lol you’re gonna regret it. 

Okay, okay.  The A's reporting locations are mostly concentrated in the BX, while the B's are more spread out, but if travel will be easier for someone from Jersey City, if I can pick, I might just end up in the B. Though the A has my favorite line evar-Engine Engine No. 7!

24 minutes ago, Imhim said:

Yeah you’re bugging with that @nipaaaa! They tell you wear gray, why would you suggest they wear something else? All the instructions were clearly stated on the green paper we're all given when sworn in! Don’t go in there looking like you can’t follow instructions or don’t care to read the information you’re given! Not a good way to start off! 

Agreed--The green paper clearly states that, and IDK why others disregarded it.

2 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Okay, okay.  The A's reporting locations are mostly concentrated in the BX, while the B's are more spread out, but if travel will be easier for someone from Jersey City, if I can pick, I might just end up in the B. Though the A has my favorite line evar-Engine Engine No. 7!

Be careful picking the division based on 1 line lol. Though, you might not even have a chance to pick. Someone in the July class was talking to me about how they put him in the A div while he lived in CI.

13 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Be careful picking the division based on 1 line lol. Though, you might not even have a chance to pick. Someone in the July class was talking to me about how they put him in the A div while he lived in CI.

Well if they force me into a division I’m not going to say no.