ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

Yes.. Just my advice of coruse, folks can do whatever they feel comfortable with...

I wont be the only one throwing this advice out there that i can say.

This is good advice. At first ya will be thrown around so much and have so many long days that burnout is something to worry about. It's different for a guy with a regular job and regular days off to work RDOs or late clears because their life and work routines are pretty much set. For new XX people, life is not gonna be very routine. RDOs change, tours change, reporting locations can be to your favor for a whole month and then suddenly crew office decided they want to introduce you to the other side of the city. 

Like rtoman said it's best to avoid it for now.

31 minutes ago, beanz said:

This is good advice. At first ya will be thrown around so much and have so many long days that burnout is something to worry about. It's different for a guy with a regular job and regular days off to work RDOs or late clears because their life and work routines are pretty much set. For new XX people, life is not gonna be very routine. RDOs change, tours change, reporting locations can be to your favor for a whole month and then suddenly crew office decided they want to introduce you to the other side of the city. 

Like rtoman said it's best to avoid it for now.

I was A Div extra extra for 5 years and after a while my head was spinning..

Yet after lets say my third year i was working RDOs..

I had a plan get a place out of New York City (and i got it)..

Now in two years this place will be paid off fully...

Love it when a plan comes together...  

Edited by RTOMan

5 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

I was A Div extra extra for 5 years and after a while my head was spinning..

Yet after lets say my third year i was working RDOs..

I had a plan get a place out of New York City (and i got it)..

Now in two years this place will be paid off fully...

Love it when i plan comes together...  

That's awesome congrats. I myself want to buy a house within 5 years so as soon as I'm off probation I'll start chasing a little bit.

13 minutes ago, beanz said:

That's awesome congrats. I myself want to buy a house within 5 years so as soon as I'm off probation I'll start chasing a little bit.

Thank you.. I was one of the first Open Competitive class TOs down here started in 2001 when i was 31 years Old..

God willing in 2026 ill have the age and time and ill say my goodbyes...

41 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

Have you seen this?

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-mta-retirees-subway-shortage-20210926-sbevdxwfhfgvxjfezeerzx5oqm-story.html

If its that bad why can't they increase the number of TOs in school yard?

Shortage of Schoolcar TSSs too. 4 TSSs came out of retirement to help teach new classes as well. We short all over.

I guess I’m a little lucky to come from other areas of the transportation which gave me experience with the lifestyle of being on the extra board that it won’t be such a shock to my system when I get started. Good luck to everyone in this next class.

11 minutes ago, Moneyslap03 said:

FELLASSSSSSS/LADIES CHECK YALLL EMAILS NOW OR TODAY , IF YALL WENT IN LAST WEEK FOR THE DRUG TEST , I GOT A EMAIL FROM VARGAS TO COME IN FOR MEDICAL AND GOT A CONSIDERATION FOR THE OCTOBER 4th CLASS 

I cleared a medical hold and drug tested last Thursday…got emailed for final processing tomorrow