2016/7 New Flyer XN40 Xcelsior GNC #676 @ JFK Airport's Port Authority Bus Depot

TransitJusticeForAll

This video is in 60FPS. The MTA is starting to order and receive 138 of the 2016/7 New Flyer XN40 Xcelsior to start replacing all of the 2003 Orion VII 1st Gen GNC buses. These new breed of buses will be available at the West Farms, Jackie Gleason, and other depots. They have the same scheme, same wifi and USB ports as the 2015/6 New Flyer XD60 Xcelsiors. Pilot for these buses will occur soon. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3JuJsAUFx4

This video is in 60FPS. The MTA is starting to order and receive 138 of the 2016/7 New Flyer XN40 Xcelsior to start replacing all of the 2003 Orion VII 1st Gen CNG buses. These new breed of buses will be available at the West Farms, Jackie Gleason, and other depots. They have the same scheme, same wifi and USB ports as the 2015/6 New Flyer XD60 Xcelsiors. Pilot for these buses will occur soon. Enjoy.

*FORGIVE ME FOR THAT HUGE TYPO. I KNOW ITS CNG, NOT GNC. BEFORE ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING, I GOT PERMISSION FROM THE STAFF FACILITY TO SEE THE BUS UPCLOSE AND IN PERSON, SO PLEASE REFRAME FROM NAME-CALLING, IF THAT WHAT YOU DO.

BEFORE ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING, I GOT PERMISSION FROM THE STAFF FACILITY TO SEE THE BUS UPCLOSE AND IN PERSON, SO PLEASE REFRAME FROM NAME-CALLING, IF THAT WHAT YOU DO.

So you asked the security guard and they just let you walk right in?

Either that's bad security, or that guard is just a really nice person...

So you asked the security guard and they just let you walk right in?

Either that's bad security, or that guard is just a really nice person...

Right, because that doesn't sound right at all.

Dude must've just walked right in. Straight tresspassing. Security is strict in that facility unless you know someone. They have a picture of a fanner, with his car, in the facility. And that's why I tell all of these over-excited fans to be careful, because they are always watching, and the PAPD is no joke.

Dude must've just walked right in. Straight tresspassing. Security is strict in that facility unless you know someone. They have a picture of a fanner, with his car, in the facility. And that's why I tell all of these over-excited fans to be careful, because they are always watching, and the PAPD is no joke.

Smh...

But hey, who cares about the PAPD, right? The exclusive catch is always worth it!!!

Smh...

But hey, who cares about the PAPD, right? The exclusive catch is always worth it!!!

Unless you want to beat an PAPD Ticket or get arrested on PAPD property. Be my guest. I work near 269 and I don't think it's best for any fanner to try get exclusives. Just wait for the buses to hit the Brooklyn and Bronx streets. They are coming.

I remember the time I almost got arrested because I was trespassing without noticing it.

It was my first few times going into ECH depot. I usually went to EVERY bus that is scrapped in the depot. One time I went too deep and the guard over there drove his vehicle up to me and told me to leave or he'll call the cops. I had to explain what I was doing there in order to get out of it.

Luckily he let me slide and warned me about next time because then I may not be as lucky to get out of there. I asked him the deepest I can go and he told me that staying on the sidewalk shouldn't be trespassing. Now I don't go farther than where the retired D60s are, and I still tour the area carefully just in case I end up trespassing again.

The point of this story is to say basically what you guys are saying: there is no way this guy made it into the facility legally. But I'm not gonna get into a fight about if he did it "legally" or "illegally".

Unless you want to beat an PAPD Ticket or get arrested on PAPD property. Be my guest. I work near 269 and I don't think it's best for any fanner to try get exclusives. Just wait for the buses to hit the Brooklyn and Bronx streets. They are coming.

Some fanners don't realize that patience is key with these orders...

Some fanners don't realize that patience is key with these orders...

...: and some fanners will realize when you get slapped with Class E misdemeanor charges + jail time for treaspassing. Best advice, let the maintenance and mechanics evaluate the buses at both respective depots + Zerega and we will all get to start fanning.

Noticed that they haven't slapped any ads on the XD60's. I guess the (MTA) bus rules are slightly different from OA and TA when it comes to bus ads on exteriors.

This video is in 60FPS. The MTA is starting to order and receive 138 of the 2016/7 New Flyer XN40 Xcelsior to start replacing all of the 2003 Orion VII 1st Gen GNC buses. These new breed of buses will be available at the West Farms, Jackie Gleason, and other depots. They have the same scheme, same wifi and USB ports as the 2015/6 New Flyer XD60 Xcelsiors. Pilot for these buses will occur soon. Enjoy.

Not ALL of the first gen Orion VII CNGs are to be replaced What is left will be at least 120 O7s which will be replaced by the XN60s. Only JG & WF is in line to receive them

These buses are only for Gleason and West Farms.

And yes, for future reference you need to have access to be in there. By that being a restricted area, this video is actually violating the terms of use for NYCTF........ It's supposed to be deleted immediately, and an infraction should be issued.....

We are going to let it slide so others read this thread, and are reminded that all users need to know the rules not only here, but ones that concern transit as well.

Anyone should already know that entering ANY transit property without proper ID or access granted by personnel is trespassing. I mean come on people, can someone just walk into your apartment, back yard, or garage without your permission???

I've been seeing this bus the past few days parked up and it looks like a wrap gone bad in front. But other than that, very nice looking bus. The color scheme is just perfect.

Thats not the wrap. It's a plastic protective sheet that's put on the front of new buses, so bugs, debris, and dirt don't come in contact with the fresh wrap or paint during delivery.

DSC00966.jpg

DSC00962.jpg

I accidentally deleted your quote Cait, but what I was going to say is I never really realized how many people think it's ok to just go onto someone's property! lol

Archived