B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

53 minutes ago, Moody said:

This is b.s. I got called in for the nov 25th class. I didn't make it cause I was on medical hold. I did the sleep apnea for 1 month and then reinstate myself that day when I get cleared. I even got a letter from dcas stating that I am back on the list.

And now this.. 

First of all, I understand where you're coming from 100%. Personally, I did not find out they extended the prior list until I read this post, then I checked out this website to confirm it myself. My apologies if I hurt your feelings, however one of the things which I personally want to do on this website is be as truthful as possible, especially with the numerous anonymous guests that view the site, in which I have meant some of them in person.

I also sent you a Private Message (PM) as well.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/3/2020 at 10:54 PM, +Young+ said:

First of all, I understand where you're coming from 100%. Personally, I did not find out they extended the prior list until I read this post, then I checked out this website to confirm it myself. My apologies if I hurt your feelings, however one of the things which I personally want to do on this website is be as truthful as possible, especially with the numerous anonymous guests that view the site, in which I have meant some of them in person.

I also sent you a Private Message (PM) as well.

I only see about 30 from 4600 list that have priority over 7612 from the dcas site.

Folks, I have good news!!

If you look at the Civil Service List Certification page of the NYC Open Data website, if you type in "Bus Operator" on the top right hand side of the screen, you will see that on January 10th, 2020, the agency requested 3,000 names to fill 100 vacancies. Although the first 94 names comes from the 4600 list, the remainder of the names comes from this list.

Best of luck to those candidates who will be reporting for pre-employment processing within the next couple of weeks.

Edited by +Young+

I graduated 10/28/2019 (7612, I was a medical holdover for almost a year because of the sleep apnea testing) and at least half of my class was from the 4600 list, there were only 32 in my class. Once we left, Amos at Eastchester said there would be 70+ called every 2 weeks. 

https://youtu.be/4ug0LPJ62nU

Share this. I just made it and it helped me pass the DMV CDL test once in training.

6 hours ago, DLovo313 said:

I graduated 10/28/2019 (7612, I was a medical holdover for almost a year because of the sleep apnea testing) and at least half of my class was from the 4600 list, there were only 32 in my class. Once we left, Amos at Eastchester said there would be 70+ called every 2 weeks. 

https://youtu.be/4ug0LPJ62nU

Share this. I just made it and it helped me pass the DMV CDL test once in training.

Thank You, its appreciated. And congratulations on qualifying,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I received a text, email, and phone call to start the process Jan 29th. I am gathering the paperwork/info required to start this process. I read on here that the MTA is very specific on your work history background. I do not know the exact dates and times and told i can be disqualified if it is inaccurate. I also had a few breaks in work employment also. Some say go to the Social Security Office and obtain a work history record for a fee. Does the social security office give you a statement of your work history that day or do i have wait days to get it?  I am trying to get it before the processing date if that is possible.

I see on the paper work i received that a drug and alcohol test will be given. I take a pill once a day for high blood pressure.  Does anyone know if that will stop me from the process?

Is there anything else i should be aware of during this first step preliminary process?

Thank you all for your help and time.

17 minutes ago, Bklynjohn718 said:

Hi everyone. I received a text, email, and phone call to start the process Jan 29th. I am gathering the paperwork/info required to start this process. I read on here that the MTA is very specific on your work history background. I do not know the exact dates and times and told i can be disqualified if it is inaccurate. I also had a few breaks in work employment also. Some say go to the Social Security Office and obtain a work history record for a fee. Does the social security office give you a statement of your work history that day or do i have wait days to get it?  I am trying to get it before the processing date if that is possible.

I see on the paper work i received that a drug and alcohol test will be given. I take a pill once a day for high blood pressure.  Does anyone know if that will stop me from the process?

Is there anything else i should be aware of during this first step preliminary process?

Thank you all for your help and time.

Yes, Go to Social Security office and get a print out. It is about 90 bucks but they give you company names and dates. Its well worth it if you cant remember the dates. I went to the one near jerome ave and tremont? I think... but its same day print out. 

Drug test you just have to let them know what medicines your taking so that the lab knows. As far as what medicines you can be on and can not be on not sure.

I am going on the Jan 30th. Second time going for pre employment. Just make sure you bring your ID and other Id paperwork. Dress like you own the place and go over the checklist they gave you and dont lie about anything..

On 12/17/2019 at 7:08 PM, hh1a said:

Hi, so I called them this morning and they said that my name is off the list, and that I have (3) three restorations for this exam. They couldn't really explain why I was called three times since October, so I believe the phone call to come down this week must be a mistake or like you said, "trying to give people a chance to come before they have to restore their name, since you get such short notice usually".

Anyone else experience this before?

Thanks

Your name is off the list completely even though,you never told them directly to restore your name on the list?

9 hours ago, Bklynjohn718 said:

What was involved in the 2nd part of pre employment?

Nothing different than the first pre employment. They did not call my list number for medical so the 3-90 days expired and i had to re do the pre employment again. i am list #1500s so you have priority over me since you have lower list number. Hopefully i can get called in to medical and get the ball rolling. 

Went to 180 yesterday because I was on medical hold for the sleep apnea.  I was told that my medical expired and that I will have to do everything all over again. I wish they would tell you that you 90 days to return or that you will have to do your medical all over again. I must say, that this is a very long journey for me.

7 hours ago, sisslims29 said:

Went to 180 yesterday because I was on medical hold for the sleep apnea.  I was told that my medical expired and that I will have to do everything all over again. I wish they would tell you that you 90 days to return or that you will have to do your medical all over again. I must say, that this is a very long journey for me.

What's your list number if you don't mind me asking? ( please remember to hide the last digit or two for privacy reasons)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2020 at 2:42 PM, trigger said:

Just went to Pre Employment number two. Was in at 7:30am out by 10:30am. Seemed really empty. Heard there may be a class for feb 14th 2020 and march 2020. 

Hi!  I just received an email Friday (making it the 89th day from when I went in November) to go in for the pre-employment again.  My question for you is, did you fill out the application attached to the email again even though we did this on the first time?  And what about that 21 page of documents we received at the end of the process?  Did you take that with you too?  Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Br00klynHappiness said:

Hi!  I just received an email Friday (making it the 89th day from when I went in November) to go in for the pre-employment again.  My question for you is, did you fill out the application attached to the email again even though we did this on the first time?  And what about that 21 page of documents we received at the end of the process?  Did you take that with you too?  Thanks in advance!

Yes, you have to do everything all over again. So be prepare.