B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

I revieved an email also stating i passed the first process of the drug testing and i have to report Tues Nov 18 for the medical and another drug test. Another drug test because in the email i says every 30 days it expires. I also was given that brown envelope with the CPD materials to fill out at the first meeting. In the email it says "Anticipate classes in March". Will report with those forms filled out and the usual id documents tom.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Br00klynHappiness said:

Hi!  I just received an email Friday (making it the 89th day from when I went in November) to go in for the pre-employment again.  My question for you is, did you fill out the application attached to the email again even though we did this on the first time?  And what about that 21 page of documents we received at the end of the process?  Did you take that with you too?  Thanks in advance!

What's your list number if you don't mind me asking ? ( please remember to hide the last digit or two for privacy)

23 hours ago, Br00klynHappiness said:

Hi!  I just received an email Friday (making it the 89th day from when I went in November) to go in for the pre-employment again.  My question for you is, did you fill out the application attached to the email again even though we did this on the first time?  And what about that 21 page of documents we received at the end of the process?  Did you take that with you too?  Thanks in advance!

Its basically the same thing except you have a chance to add things you may have missed or forgot about the first time you filled out the application.

No, they did not ask for NYC 21 page Application on my 2nd pre employment.

33 minutes ago, trigger said:

Got  A phone call today to go to 180 livingston for Medical this friday. Wanted to know how long that takes and what takes place.>??

Well, it depends on what time you get there. Also, MTA workers are mix within. However,  it's not that long if, you get their within 1-5 persons. By 12 the latest you could be out.

Edited by sisslims29

29 minutes ago, trigger said:

Got  A phone call today to go to 180 livingston for Medical this friday. Wanted to know how long that takes and what takes place.>??

Depends on how crowded I was there for 7 hours when I went.There going to check everything,blood pressure,ekg, glucose,eyes,measure your neck for sleep apnea if it's a certain size. You'll take some surveys,questions if you got back problems ,if you snore etc stuff like that .

2 hours ago, Cactus683 said:

Depends on how crowded I was there for 7 hours when I went.There going to check everything,blood pressure,ekg, glucose,eyes,measure your neck for sleep apnea if it's a certain size. You'll take some surveys,questions if you got back problems ,if you snore etc stuff like that .

Do they check your knees with that reflex hammer for reflexes? Anything else? What's the cut off for the neck size? Do they check your body if you got any scars?

15 hours ago, train1290 said:

Do they check your knees with that reflex hammer for reflexes? Anything else? What's the cut off for the neck size? Do they check your body if you got any scars?

Not sure about the neck size,they do the reflex test with the little hammer and i didn't notice them doing any scar hunting 

25 minutes ago, train1290 said:

Ok, do they press down on your stomach to check for hernia or bend your legs? Anything else?

Relax with all these questions. You are not going to your Primary Care doctor for a physical.  Just what he stated early; eyes, hearing, ekg, blood pressure. 

Edited by sisslims29

19 hours ago, train1290 said:

3 hours ago, train1290 said:

Ok, do they press down on your stomach to check for hernia or bend your legs? Anything else?

2 hours ago, sisslims29 said:

Relax with all these questions. You are not going to your Primary Care doctor for a physical.  Just what he stated early; eyes, hearing, ekg, blood pressure. 

My apologies in regards to the fact that this is a little 'out-dated,' however if you look at posts 1241 and 1269 of the Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process thread, these two posts contain a lot of detailed information in regards to what to expect for the physical. Now I know this is a Bus Operator thread, however I personally think 95% of the physical for both titles is very similar.

In addition, you can also look at posts 293, 606, 862, 900, 1175, 1220, 1541 & 1922 of the Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process thread. Although these posts also contain good information in regards to the physical, I personally believe the first two links I posted contain the most amount of useful information.

Hope this helps.

Edited by +Young+

Received a letter to come in for P/E 7612 on 3/4 and I am excited and nervous at the same time. I have a few gaps in employment as a teenager and as an adult. What do they expect as far as filling in the gaps of employment? Can anyone give an example of what they expect on the P/E application? Thanks in advance...

1 hour ago, MTA MAC said:

Received a letter to come in for P/E 7612 on 3/4 and I am excited and nervous at the same time. I have a few gaps in employment as a teenager and as an adult. What do they expect as far as filling in the gaps of employment? Can anyone give an example of what they expect on the P/E application? Thanks in advance...

Just bring what the paperwork says to bring.  Blue, black ink pens. Photo id, social birth certificate, fill the application out before you go. If you dont know all the dates of employment I would suggest going to the social security office and getting a lifetime print out. It has dates and names.  Dress nicely...Mostly just waiting around. Just make sure you take your time when filling out paperwork and take pictures of it so if you have to come back for pre employment again you have a copy of it. 

29 minutes ago, trigger said:

Passed Medical today. Hopefully get a call soon for final processing. Curious about final processing..

Congrats!! As a reminder, your list number for this exam is in the 1500's, right?

As far as final processing is concerned, from what I recall, they look over your pre-employment packet and your CPD packet to make sure both match. If so, they'll enter you into payroll, you'll get your photo taken for your MetroCard pass, you'll go for your fingerprints, swear you in, give you some paperwork and booklets, and finally, give you a date to report to Zerega, as well as information regarding your temporary uniform.

2 hours ago, MTA MAC said:

Can you please share your list number for Exam 7612? Don't forget to hide the last digit or two in order to hide your identity...thanks.

Edited by +Young+

28 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Congrats!! As a reminder, your list number for this exam is in the 1500's, right?

As far as final processing is concerned, from what I recall, they look over your pre-employment packet and your CPD packet to make sure both match. If so, they'll enter you into payroll, you'll get your photo taken for your MetroCard pass, you'll go for your fingerprints, swear you in, give you some paperwork and booklets, and finally, give you a date to report to Zerega, as well as information regarding your temporary uniform.

Can you please share your list number for Exam 7612? Don't forget to hide the last digit or two in order to hide your identity...thanks.

I got a letter yesterday in the mail to report to 180 Livingston street 3/3/2020 for pre employment.