B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

On 9/2/2020 at 9:22 PM, +Young+ said:

The forms can be accessed here and the e-mail address is employmentcenterbuses@nyct.com. If you have any trouble, you can always send an e-mail to employmentcenter@nyct.com.

If these e-mail addresses do not work, or if you do not hear back from them for whatever reason, you can always reach out to Vice President Patricia Lodge and/or Emma Marie Rivera, the manager of Employment Operations.

Good luck!!

Young, how would we submit our CDL, Birth Certificate, Social Security card electronically in the email? Im confused somewhat, im ready to submit the email with the application but just want to submit the other documents just to play it safe. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, train1290 said:

Young, how would we submit our CDL, Birth Certificate, Social Security card electronically in the email? Im confused somewhat, im ready to submit the email with the application but just want to submit the other documents just to play it safe. Thanks in advance.

It didnt ask me for a birth certificate. If he asks for it, ill send it. But I just gave my social, drivers license, and cdl permit. and the new cdl permit reciept (the temporary one) And when I submitted my application,  I did it all in one shot, as attachments. 

26 minutes ago, Moody said:

It didnt ask me for a birth certificate. If he asks for it, ill send it. But I just gave my social, drivers license, and cdl permit. and the new cdl permit reciept (the temporary one) And when I submitted my application,  I did it all in one shot, as attachments. 

Ok, how do i do that, can i take a picture of those documents and then attach it?

18 minutes ago, train1290 said:

Ok, how do i do that, can i take a picture of those documents and then attach it?

Yes, if you have a scanner, scan your documents to your computer, and rememebr where you saved the files.  Or yeah you can take pictures of them, just make sure they are clear and readable. 

19 hours ago, Moody said:

Yes, if you have a scanner, scan your documents to your computer, and rememebr where you saved the files.  Or yeah you can take pictures of them, just make sure they are clear and readable. 

ok, now, can we send them a PDF file in the email and they can just click on the pdf file to open it? Or do we have to send them the whole page word to word? ( I.E. all 16 pages)

16 minutes ago, train1290 said:

ok, now, can we send them a PDF file in the email and they can just click on the pdf file to open it? Or do we have to send them the whole page word to word? ( I.E. all 16 pages)

You're going to send the entire application as a pdf. I'm just going to make it easy for you. This is easy.

Scan the finished pages that you filled out.

Each page you filled out, scan them pages 1 to 16.

After you scan to your hard drive, remember you have 16 pages and save.

Go to your email, and compose a new email, and make sure you the right email address that you are sending there.

Put each page or the attachments to the email.  So from page 1 to page 16 attach each copy to that email you are composing. 

Now, take your picture of your drivers license, cdl permit, and social and same thing, attach those to that same email.  

You should be sending 16 pages of that pdf, along with the drivers license, cdl permit, and social, and you can send your birth certificate as well if you want. I sent mine anyway. 

Thats it you send it. 

Edited by Moody

6 minutes ago, Moody said:

You're going to send the entire application as a pdf. I'm just going to make it easy for you. This is easy.

Scan the finished pages that you filled out.

Each page you filled out, scan them pages 1 to 16.

After you scan to your hard drive, remember you have 16 pages and save.

Go to your email, and compose a new email, and make sure you the right email address that you are sending there.

Put each page or the attachments to the email.  So from page 1 to page 16 attach each copy to that email you are composing. 

Now, take your picture of your drivers license, cdl permit, and social and same thing, attach those to that same email.  

You should be sending 16 pages of that pdf, along with the drivers license, cdl permit, and social, and you can send your birth certificate as well if you want. I sent mine anyway. 

Thats it you send it. 

Ok thank you Moody, I have the pdf file already attached. I was just about to send the email, but i wasnt sure thats why I figured i ask. And, MTA can be futsy with stuff like this so again i wasnt sure. Again, Thanks again Moody.

5 minutes ago, train1290 said:

Ok thank you Moody, I have the pdf file already attached. I was just about to send the email, but i wasnt sure thats why I figured i ask. And, MTA can be futsy with stuff like this so again i wasnt sure. Again, Thanks again Moody.

No problem.  Its also a good idea to always have your documents with you when you go to 180 livingston.  I can't tell you how many times I see people forget to bring their birth certificate or loose their social. 

4 minutes ago, Moody said:

No problem.  Its also a good idea to always have your documents with you when you go to 180 livingston.  I can't tell you how many times I see people forget to bring their birth certificate or loose their social. 

I hear you, oh i definately will bring everything just in case. I just emailed them the documnets, so thats taken care of. Thanks again, and good luck to you!

There's something I would like to discuss with you guys. This pertains to exam 7612.  I received an email last week requesting i email my application. My problem is, three months ago I received a letter and email informing me that I'm no longer being considered for exam 7612.  Yet I received an email for this same 7612 exam  that Im being considered for processing. Now this is where it gets really strange. This will mark the fourth time I'm being called for preemployment for 7612. It works the same way. They call me for preemployment, I take a drug test a month later i get a letter stating Im no longer considered for employment, only to get a letter a few months later instructing me I'm being considered for bus operator exam and to go to Livingston Street for processing. Dont me wrong. Im ecstatic that im once again being considered. But its very weird and frustrating how they operate.

44 minutes ago, Craig said:

There's something I would like to discuss with you guys. This pertains to exam 7612... But its very weird and frustrating how they operate.

First of all, welcome to the Forums!

Second, I agree with you 100%. If you don't believe me, then I would encourage you to read this post and this post about what other people went through.

On top of this, if you have your Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), it's only good for six months, and you're allowed to renew it once without taking the multiple-choice exams all over again.

Hopefully in the long run all of this will pay off, however, in the meantime, I agree that it is "weird" and "frustrating."

46 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

First of all, welcome to the Forums!

Second, I agree with you 100%. If you don't believe me, then I would encourage you to read this post and this post about what other people went through.

On top of this, if you have your Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), it's only good for six months, and you're allowed to renew it once without taking the multiple-choice exams all over again.

Hopefully in the long run all of this will pay off, however, in the meantime, I agree that it is "weird" and "frustrating."

On top of that, MTA know many individuals do not have their CDL permit because most likely of Covid. We do not have the option to just walk into DMV and take our exam before MTA call us.  I feel like they should have given everyone some extra time to see what people can do in consideration. I responded, I currently do not have my CDL and I already did 2 reinstatement. So at this time I will not let MTA stress me out. It's too much already going on.

I'll see you guys at 7:00 on Thursday at Livingston. Hopefully the fifth time will be the charm.

On 9/3/2020 at 10:49 PM, Moody said:

12 hours ago, Br00klynHappiness said:

I had my appointment this morning for the drug test and I was only there an hour.  It was fast and very little people.  Hopefully get a call back soon for medical...... 

The drug test results usually come back within 3-4 days, they'll be calling you back up soon. I spent a few hours that day doing the medical then finally getting sworn in. Imagine my surprise when they threw me right into the next class that was only three days away from starting.