B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

32 minutes ago, train1290 said:

Ok So do i print it out and sign it and then mail it back? Or print it out, sign all pages where needed, then take a picture of each page and then email it back to her? Let me know please. Thank you!

After you sign it, take a picture of each page, and then e-mail it back.

If you decide to mail it, it will take at least two to three business days, depending on where you live in the borough, and they need these forms ASAP in order to proceed.

Good luck!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I was in the process with everything and covid-19 happen. I had a ticket I was fighting and the date I had for my hearing was the same day they closed the DMV. My court date was push back till January 7,2021. I'm debating if I should fight the ticket or just take the 2 points. I'm not sure if I'm still on the list.  Does anyone have a number I can call to find out if I'm still on the list and if not put myself back on it.

13 hours ago, train1290 said:

Ok So do i print it out and sign it and then mail it back? Or print it out, sign all pages where needed, then take a picture of each page and then email it back to her? Let me know please. Thank you!

Sign everything and date it. Scan all pages with signed pages and send it back. This way everything is intact and not all over the place. 

13 hours ago, Fari said:

Okay, I was in the process with everything and covid-19 happen. I had a ticket I was fighting and the date I had for my hearing was the same day they closed the DMV. My court date was push back till January 7,2021. I'm debating if I should fight the ticket or just take the 2 points. I'm not sure if I'm still on the list.  Does anyone have a number I can call to find out if I'm still on the list and if not put myself back on it.

If you have no other points on your abstract, I would take it. Offhand, have you considered running your abstract? If not, click here for more information. Just note that the folks at 180 Livingston Street run the "standard driving" abstract, just to see if you're eligible or not. In addition, they look at your abstract for the past three years. So if you got into an accident and/or got points in September of 2017, by the time October 1st rolls around, you will be fine, even if the accidents and/or points stay on your abstract until December 31st, 2020.

As far as the list is concerned, the phone number is 347-643-8229/30/31/32. Their e-mail addresses are employmentcenter@nyct.com and employmentcenterbuses@nyct.com.

If you encounter any problems obtaining this information, I would reach out to the following people:

-Ms. Patricia A. Lodge, the Vice President of Human Resources (her contact information is below)

-Ms. Emma Marie Rivera, the Manager of Employment Operations (click here for her information)

-The Office of the President, located out of 2 Broadway at 646-252-5800.

Good luck!!

6 hours ago, Moody said:

Did the drug test Friday. In and out in an hour. 

Good for you!!

VP Lodge Business Card.jpg

Edited by +Young+
Addition...

4 hours ago, Slems said:

Hey everyone I was sent a email last Thursday to have my application by this Thursday. I sent My info back the day I got there email. How long did it take them to get back to you with the next step? Is it an email, call or do the mail you a letter?

thanks 

It took me about 8 days to get a response from when I sent in the paperwork and I got a phone call to come in for the drug test.

44 minutes ago, train1290 said:

How do I scan the pages? My phone can't scan them. Or do you mean take a picture of it after signing it?

If you don't have a scanner, take a good picture of the each paper you signed. I recommend testing or reviewing each paper you take a picture of. Then when its good send them. 

2 hours ago, train1290 said:

How do I scan the pages? My phone can't scan them. Or do you mean take a picture of it after signing it?

If you're having trouble taking the pictures, see if a local office supply store can help. Within my neighborhood is Staples, and, within their Print and Marketing Services, they have five [5] machines which act as a copy machine (color and black and white), scanner, fax machine and print from e-mail (color and black and white). Therefore, for a nominal fee, you can scan the pages as a PDF, send it to your e-mail, and then, when you get back to your residence, you can use either your desktop or laptop to put everything together in one e-mail for the HR Department of NYC Transit. Me, personally, I would not do this on my phone, however that's just me.

2 hours ago, Br00klynHappiness said:

I passed my medical today, officially sworn in.  Off to training this week.....

Congrats!!

9 hours ago, +Young+ said:

If you're having trouble taking the pictures, see if a local office supply store can help. Within my neighborhood is Staples, and, within their Print and Marketing Services, they have five [5] machines which act as a copy machine (color and black and white), scanner, fax machine and print from e-mail (color and black and white). Therefore, for a nominal fee, you can scan the pages as a PDF, send it to your e-mail, and then, when you get back to your residence, you can use either your desktop or laptop to put everything together in one e-mail for the HR Department of NYC Transit. Me, personally, I would not do this on my phone, however that's just me.

Congrats!!

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Princess03 said:

Hi, im new here. I just took my drug test Friday 9/18. If everything is good (which i know it is) would should i be expecting a call for next process?

I got a an e-mail the following week to come in for medical so approximately 3 days after drug test for me. 

Edited by Br00klynHappiness

8 minutes ago, Princess03 said:

What exactly happened in the medical process? Like what did they check for..

You take a hearing and vision test. They check your height and weight, you also do an EKG and urine test.  Once completed with the medical associate you wait back in the waiting area to be called by the doctor.  He asks you a few questions and to do some simple moves liking walking on your toes, heels, bending, squatting, raising your arms, and twisting.  He will et you know if you passed or you have to be put on a medical hold.

2 hours ago, Br00klynHappiness said:

You take a hearing and vision test. They check your height and weight, you also do an EKG and urine test.  Once completed with the medical associate you wait back in the waiting area to be called by the doctor.  He asks you a few questions and to do some simple moves liking walking on your toes, heels, bending, squatting, raising your arms, and twisting.  He will et you know if you passed or you have to be put on a medical hold.

Thank you! 🤗

Medical is going to be an all day thing. Maybe faster because COVID but expect to be there for a couple hours. Initial training to get the job is 10 days. After that, the time it takes for you to get cut loose on your own depends on what boro you wind up working in. It took me roughly 2 months of training. 

And yes, you get paid as an employee from your first day at Zerega. 

7 hours ago, Princess03 said:

I got the conditional offer today but first have to pass the medical exam then scheduled for Class on the 28th. Is the medical process and all day thing or in and out? Any current B/O’s can u please update me on how many weeks training is.

In my experience this past Monday I had my medical.  I had a 7am appointment and was finished about 1:15pm.  When you pass your medical then you go to meet with HR and you sign more paperwork, she'll review all your paperwork and ask any questions if needed.  Then you get sworn in.  After that you get your fingerprints taken and your picture for you pass.  Then your done.  It actually went pretty fast considering you are getting multiple things done that day.  

Good Luck!

10 hours ago, Princess03 said:

I got the conditional offer today but first have to pass the medical exam then scheduled for Class on the 28th. Is the medical process and all day thing or in and out? Any current B/O’s can u please update me on how many weeks training is.

Congrats, glad your process is going well. Good luck in your training.

Edited by MTA MAC
typo