B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven’t heard anything but I see new hires training out of some Brooklyn depots but that might be from the OA list.... Also since I was called in early March thenCOVID do you think I have to reinstate myself on the list? I called about 2 weeks ago the guy who picked up said they where up 17**s

Edited by Slems

5 minutes ago, Slems said:

I haven’t heard anything but I see new hires training out of some Brooklyn depots but that might be from the OA list.... Also since I was called in early March and COVID do you think I have to reinstate my on the list? I called about 2 weeks ago the guy who picked up said the where up 17**s

I reinstated myself just in case. Im still on the certification list and active list.  The date on the certification is the same as before pre-covid. Check to see if you are still there. I reinstated myself just in case in mid july. I never recieved a receipt or even a notification. Its crazy how they don't even tell us anything or respond to us in the emails. And when I speak to someone they immediately hang up or just don't really know, like its a big secret.   Im going to see what happens in september.  

BTW, I don't know or I can't tell if its a funding issue which could be why mabstoa is being called rather than TA bus operator. I seriously don't understand why we just can't get answers. Alot of us spent alot of time and effort to work for this position.  

Edited by Moody

I feel ya its very annoying but I understand they weren’t prepared for COVID but they should at least give us real answers. I was also was told there still working on a contract with TA operators in Staten Island but idk if that has to do with hiring. Do you have the website to see if your active? 

Just now, Slems said:

I feel ya its very annoying but I understand they weren’t prepared for COVID but they should at least give us real answers. I was also was told there still working on a contract with TA operators in Staten Island but idk if that has to do with hiring. Do you have the website to see if your active? 

For active 

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/City-Government/Civil-Service-List-Active-/vx8i-nprf/data

For certification

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/City-Government/Civil-Service-List-Certification/a9md-ynri/data

2 hours ago, Moody said:

In addition, this webpage contains the Certifications for Bus Operator, Conductor and Track Worker only.

While these links are a good "tool" to use to keep track of your certifications, just keep in mind that these sites are down the third Saturday of each month, starting at 8:00 PM for maintenance. The amount of time for this can vary from one to four hours (click here for more information). Therefore, when viewing these sites on the third Saturday of each month, just try to "forward plan" when doing so.

Edited by +Young+
Editing...

So it looks like the MTA needs $12B to cover their finances lost.

Today the CEO For MTA New York City Transit announced at the board meeting, If the agency don’t receive funds from the federal, the agency will face major service cuts, wages freezes and layoffs. The local 100 TWU that represent the workers for NYCT has step forward and ensure the members that they will fight to the max to avoid any such layoffs.

This week the MTA cancelled and will issue refund for applicants that applied for Promotional Surface Line Dispatcher exam #0709.

It looks like hiring may soon be place on freeze again. The question is when and how will this effect everyone else that is waiting to be processed?......

6 hours ago, Moody said:

Young, when is this list going to be updated ? Is it after this coming saturday ? I see july 8th requested for 7612 or certified ? Could be some good news.

Actually it is not good news. Allow me to elaborate:

Based on the last two to three pages of this thread, which you can see for yourself, even though DCAS, who is in charge of the civil service list, certified about 4,600 candidates for the TA Bus Operator position back on July 8th, 2020, the agency, in this case the HR Department of NYC Transit, did not hire anybody off the civil service lists that are active for the  TA Bus Operator position!!

Therefore, there is no accurate answer to your question, since this and this webpages are updated whenever an agency needs candidates for a certain position(s) and DCAS  certifies a group of candidates for a certain period of time, which is usually for about a month. As an example, if you click here and if you type "Motor Vehicle Operator" into the search box, followed by pressing "enter" on your keyboard, DCAS certified 37 candidates off of this civil service list to the New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) and back on July 24th, DCAS certified 171 candidates to NYCHA.

However, as you and I both know, there have been several MaBSTOA (OA) Classes, including August 16th, August 30th and September 13th, and an October class (as of now). According to this post and the post right underneath it, not only is the agency "super short" as far as Bus Operators is concerned for TA, OA and BC (Bus Company), but, according to the particular member, "The MTA knows what it is doing."

Now I know that you, @Moody, and a few others were supposed to be in the March 30th, 2020 TA Bus Operator Class before the pandemic hit. And why the agency has at least three MaBSTOA classes with all of these people qualifying on either Days 7, 9 or 10, graduating from line training and picking into depots before you, which means that they will have slightly higher seniority when it comes time to the "pick" within the specific depot and the "general pick" for the depots in Bronx, Brooklyn and Manhattan is beyond me. (The depots in Queens and Staten Island have a separate union - click here for more information.) As far as I'm concerned, it's not fair, however, we'll see what happens as time progresses. And if you agree with me, then why was this posted in the Train Operator thread?

Edited by +Young+
Editing...

18 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Actually it is not good news. Just like how you can say "tomato" two different ways, allow me to elaborate:

Based on the last two to three pages of this thread, which you can see for yourself, even though DCAS, who is in charge of the civil service list, certified about 4,600 candidates for the TA Bus Operator position back on July 8th, 2020, the agency, in this case the HR Department of NYC Transit, did not hire anybody off the civil service lists that are active for the  TA Bus Operator position!!

Therefore, there is no accurate answer to your question, since this and this webpages are updated whenever an agency needs candidates for a certain position(s) and DCAS  certifies a group of candidates for a certain period of time, which is usually for about a month. As an example, if you click here and if you type "Motor Vehicle Operator" into the search box, followed by pressing "enter" on your keyboard, DCAS certified 37 candidates off of this civil service list to the New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) and back on July 24th, DCAS certified 171 candidates to NYCHA.

However, as you and I both know, there have been several MaBSTOA (OA) Classes, including August 16th, August 30th and September 13th, and an October class (as of now). According to this post and the post right underneath it, not only is the agency "super short" as far as Bus Operators is concerned for TA, OA and BC (Bus Company), but, according to the particular member, "The MTA knows what it is doing."

Now I know that you, @Moody, and a few others were supposed to be in the March 30th, 2020 TA Bus Operator Class before the pandemic hit. And why the agency has at least three MaBSTOA classes with all of these people qualifying on either Days 7, 9 or 10, graduating from line training and picking into depots before you, which means that they will have slightly higher seniority when it comes time to the "pick" within the specific depot and the "general pick" for the depots in Bronx, Brooklyn and Manhattan is beyond me. (The depots in Queens and Staten Island have a separate union - click here for more information.) As far as I'm concerned, it's not fair, however, we'll see what happens as time progresses. And if you agree with me, then why was this posted in the Train Operator thread?

Thats crazy young. I really hope will hear back from them soon.  I don't know why they just like forgot us man. I am on the mabsta 7300 list. I never even got word from them, and I put myself back on the list for mabstoa 73000 back in september last year. I never heard from them ever again.  1 month lady I got called in for TA 7612.  All my original paper work and medical was for 7300. Crazy what we have to deal with man.  We take time off of work, parking the car, and wait and wait. I wish everyone the best. 

3 hours ago, Moody said:

That's crazy young. I really hope will hear back from them soon.  I don't know why they just like forgot us man... All my original paper work and medical was for 7300. Crazy what we have to deal with man.  We take time off of work, parking the car, and wait and wait. I wish everyone the best. 

I know. Fortunately, I always take public transportation to and from 180 Livingston Street, however I hear you.

41 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Did anybody else get a canvassing e-mail for this position? I got the e-mail about an hour ago and my list number for this exam is in the 1900's (aka, in between 1900 and 1999).

I just got a call as well my cdl permit expired and I know dmv extended deadlines to get it renewed I just don’t know up to when. I have to call dmv tommorow and find out 

4 minutes ago, Bsalick1992 said:

I just got a call as well my cdl permit expired and I know dmv extended deadlines to get it renewed I just don’t know up to when. I have to call dmv tommorow and find out 

Mine expired as well. And someone from 9100 exam had his cdl permit expire and had to renew it to be considered.  Don't wait just make an appointment with dmv, and renew your permit asap. I renewed mine.

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

Did anybody else get a canvassing e-mail for this position? I got the e-mail about an hour ago and my list number for this exam is in the 1900's (aka, in between 1900 and 1999).

I did too, i got an Email, phone call but i couldnt answer at the time...so a voice mail technically. And, a text message. I know this isnt a job offer, but more on the terms to see whos still interested in pursuing this position? Correct me if im wrong.

4 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Hi, yes I also got it.

I do not have the cdl permit now, would you happen to know if I were to make an appt with dmv and pass the written test, would they accept the receipt the dmv would give me until I get the cdl permit id in my mail?

I won't be getting the cdl permit id until like 2 or 3 weeks, and they want me to respond and submit a copy of cdl permit by this Friday Sept 4.

thank you

46 minutes ago, hh1a said:

Hi, yes I also got it.

I do not have the cdl permit now, would you happen to know if I were to make an appt with dmv and pass the written test, would they accept the receipt the dmv would give me until I get the cdl permit id in my mail?

I won't be getting the cdl permit id until like 2 or 3 weeks, and they want me to respond and submit a copy of cdl permit by this Friday Sept 4.

thank you

What's going to happen is, as soon as you send them the paperwork with a "picture" of your documents, such as your passport, social security card and driver's license, regardless if it's a CDL or not, one of the things they are going to do is run your abstract. Once they run your abstract, they will see whether you have the permit on there or not with the "P" endorsement.

Therefore, if I was you, I would look to get your permit As Soon As Possible (ASAP). From playing around on this website, I know that out of the four DMV locations in Queens, three of them (College Point, Jamaica and Springfield Gardens) are booked with appointments into late September/early October, while their newest location, located at Queens College, located along Main Street, adjacent to John Bowne High School, as of this typing, approximately 11:10 PM, has appointments for this Thursday, Friday and all of next week, except for Labor Day Monday.

In conclusion, it's up to you. Just note that if you fail to respond, or if you do not have the permit by the time they run your abstract, your name will be removed from the list.

Good luck!!

Edited by +Young+
Editing...

12 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

What's going to happen is, as soon as you send them the paperwork with a "picture" of your documents, such as your passport, social security card and driver's license, regardless if it's a CDL or not, one of the things they are going to do is run your abstract. Once they run your abstract, they will see whether you have the permit on there or not with the "P" endorsement.

Therefore, if I was you, I would look to get your permit As Soon As Possible (ASAP). From playing around on this website, I know that out of the four DMV locations in Queens, three of them (College Point, Jamaica and Springfield Gardens) are booked with appointments into late September/early October, while their newest location, located at Queens College, located along Main Street, adjacent to John Bowne High School, as of this typing, approximately 11:10 PM, has appointments for this Thursday, Friday and all of next week, except for Labor Day Monday.

In conclusion, it's up to you. Just note that if you fail to respond, or if you do not have the permit by the time they run your abstract, your name will be removed from the list.

Good luck!!

Additional update: September completely booked in all 5 boros.. October dates are slowly approaching being booked.

49 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Additional update: September completely booked in all 5 boros.. October dates are slowly approaching being booked.

I agree, however if you select "Queens College License Center" from the first drop-down menu of this website, this particular location has a lot of vacancies in September and October for people to take their permit and endorsement tests!!

Look for yourself!!

4 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Good luck!!

ok I understand thanks.

Do you know which one I would be choosing when I fill out the application for the cdl permit at the dmv?

Excepted intrastate or Non- excepted intrastate

I also have a pending moving violation ticket where my hearing date is next year, could I wait till the hearing date or would I have to pay it instead?

Thanks for your help