B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, train1290 said:

Congrats, great to hear! If you don't mind me asking, where did you do your day 7 qualification? Do you drive on the highway also on day 7 qualification?

On day 7 No, we didnt drive on the highway. It was In Manhattan around 34th street. But not the Busy 34th side where Macys is. It was like a 45 min drive around that area.

13 minutes ago, Br00klynHappiness said:

Congrats! It definitely was a whole different experience for me and super intense. I'm so proud of everyone that made it and will make it by day 10.

I myself qualified on day 7 too :)  Who was your instructor?

Congrats!! Mr. Mejia was my instructor. & yours?

On 5/30/2017 at 4:24 PM, 161 New York said:

Anecdotally, on Staten Island (where I work out of), Yukon Depot, which is the largest on Staten Island, the latest bus operator hired there was from the 11/14/2016 class. Charleston has received some new folks in the last few months, but I can't quantify that. Not sure about Castleton. So, there appears to be no big need for bus operators (at least on Staten Island) at this time, per my observations.

14 more just started 9 for Yukon and 5 for the castle,not sure if they were transfers,most likely though

Hey Guys, i Just called DCAS automated phone line, It says im still on this list and on outstanding certification. I filled out the email from august 2020 asking whoever is interested in the position. Of course i still am, but i want to finish up my CDL Class B license, then i will start the hiring process for this position when they call me. Question, does me being on the list, and outstanding certification mean that im still on the list and I dont have to email or call someone? Thanks in advance. BTW, if anyone is curious whats my list number, its in the low 2000s.

Maybe someone could clarify further as I’m on the list but no outstanding certification.. 

afaik , outstanding cert is that you are on the certified list, ie called in for preemployment. When it expires , I believe you are taken off the list, so you will have to call or email to get back on the list when that happens. 

My reference.. I was on outstanding cert, had an issue at preemployment, was removed from list, and had to email and call to get back on the list after resolving my issue.. I’m now waiting for call or email. I currently do not have an outstanding certification. My list number is in the low 1100’s. 

Edited by imtheogre
Added list number

4 hours ago, imtheogre said:

Maybe someone could clarify further as I’m on the list but no outstanding certification..

afaik , outstanding cert is that you are on the certified list, ie called in for preemployment. When it expires , I believe you are taken off the list, so you will have to call or email to get back on the list when that happens.

My reference.. I was on outstanding cert, had an issue at preemployment, was removed from list, and had to email and call to get back on the list after resolving my issue.. I’m now waiting for call or email. I currently do not have an outstanding certification. My list number is in the low 1100’s. 

If you look at this page, and if you type in "Bus Operator" into the search box on the top right hand side of the screen, you will see that the last time DCAS (Department of Citywide Administrative Services) certified 5,000 names to the agency to fill their 600 "Bus Operator" vacancies was back on July 8th. This expired on August 10th, and there have been Bus Operator Training classes after August 10, including another one which is starting tomorrow (August 25th).

Therefore, if I was you, I would be in contact with the Human Resources (HR) Department to see where you stand. If you happen to get the "runaround" for whatever reason, I would encourage you to call the following people:

-Ms. Patricia A. Lodge, the Vice President of Human Resources (her information is below)

-Emma Marie Rivera, the Manager of Employment Operations (click here for her information)

-The Office of the President, located out of 2 Broadway, at 646-252-5800.

Good luck!!

VP Lodge Business Card.jpg

On 10/24/2020 at 12:30 AM, train1290 said:

Hey Guys, i Just called DCAS automated phone line, It says im still on this list and on outstanding certification. I filled out the email from august 2020 asking whoever is interested in the position. Of course i still am, but i want to finish up my CDL Class B license, then i will start the hiring process for this position when they call me. Question, does me being on the list, and outstanding certification mean that im still on the list and I dont have to email or call someone? Thanks in advance. BTW, if anyone is curious whats my list number, its in the low 2000s.

4 minutes ago, train1290 said:

mta will pay for you to get your cdl license. all you need is your permit. I myself, and 20+ other students all only had out permits and obtained our actually license through the Job. you should still continue with the process before its to late..

Just now, Princess03 said:

mta will pay for you to get your cdl license. all you need is your permit. I myself, and 20+ other students all only had out permits and obtained our actually license through the Job. you should still continue with the process before its to late..

"continue with the process before its to late".., But what do you mean by that?

35 minutes ago, train1290 said:

"continue with the process before its to late".., But what do you mean by that?

meaning you never know what can happen. i was originally in the march class for pre employment and because of covid it got pushed back 6+ months. you should just start the process as soon as you can with all this crazy stuff going on in this world

2 hours ago, Princess03 said:

meaning you never know what can happen. i was originally in the march class for pre employment and because of covid it got pushed back 6+ months. you should just start the process as soon as you can with all this crazy stuff going on in this world

Oh okay, yes, true. Im going to PM you i dont want to say overhere.