B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

7 hours ago, +Young+ said:

I agree, however if you select "Queens College License Center" from the first drop-down menu of this website, this particular location has a lot of vacancies in September and October for people to take their permit and endorsement tests!!

Look for yourself!!

Copy. Thanks for additional update.  That part I didn’t see. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, hh1a said:

Ok I understand thanks...

You're welcome. As far as self-certifying, you can chose Excepted Intrastate (EA) if you only plan on pursuing a career with Transit. For me, I always choose Non-Excepted Interstate (NI) since I have the Hazmat Endorsement and I want to be able to drive a Commercial Motor Vehicle from state to state, if necessary. More information can be found here and here.

As far as the pending moving violation, they will not let you proceed if it is pending. Therefore, if you want to proceed, you would have to pay it. Once it is paid, it should be reflected in your abstract.

21 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Copy. Thanks for additional update.  That part I didn’t see. 

You're welcome. My apologies if I'm annoying, however this is one of their newest locations, that's why a lot of people are not yet familiar with it. Click here for more information.

13 minutes ago, Slems said:

I see that people got an email and they got called did anyone in the 2000 get an email or call? I’m in the 22** thanks. What kind process are they going to do now? 

I'm in the 1900's and, within the past couple of days I got an email, that's all. For now, we are filling out this form, which we have to submit back by this Friday, September 4th.

Once they receive the form and look over all of our documents, such as our Passport, Social Security Card, **abstract,** etc., if we are 'good to go,' they will schedule us for a drug (urine) test. If we are not 'good to go,' for whatever reason, they will send us a reply and we will take it from there on an individual basis.

After the drug (urine) test, we have to wait for an e-mail for the next step, which will be the physical followed by final processing, providing we are successful with the physical on the same day. After final processing, we will be sent to Zerega for the 10-day training session.

** As it states on the first page of this PDF document, "If you have had Drivers’ License in a state other than NY or NJ within the last three years you must submit the out of state abstract/ driver’s record. This document cannot be more than 30 days old." In addition, if your CDL is valid in the states of New Jersey, Connecticut or Pennsylvania, you also must submit an abstract, which is less than 30 days old since the folks at Livingston Street only have access to the New York documents. **

6 hours ago, +Young+ said:

I'm in the 1900's and, within the past couple of days I got an email, that's all. For now, we are filling out this form, which we have to submit back by this Friday, September 4th.

Once they receive the form and look over all of our documents, such as our Passport, Social Security Card, **abstract,** etc., if we are 'good to go,' they will schedule us for a drug (urine) test. If we are not 'good to go,' for whatever reason, they will send us a reply and we will take it from there on an individual basis.

Hi, are you sure we have to send in those documents?

In the form we are filling out it says for driving position submit "driver license, cdl license/permit" or high school diploma if the position requires it and some other documents for veterans, disability, and legacy credits.

In the form I don't see that they ask for social card or passport or birth certificate etc...

thanks

3 minutes ago, hh1a said:

According to this post, the author always says to keep them with you. And since we are submitting these documents "electronically" compared to "in-person," I'm submitting my documents just to be on the safe side.

However, that is just me.

40 minutes ago, hh1a said:

In the form we are filling out it says for driving position submit "driver license, cdl license/permit" or high school diploma if the position requires it and some other documents for veterans, disability, and legacy credits.

In the form I don't see that they ask for social card or passport or birth certificate etc...

thanks

As for me, I submitted the form that I was interested in the position, along with the pre employment application and a copy of my CDL.  They usually ask for your birth certificate, social security card and license when you go to your appointment.  

Hello all and good afternoon.  I took exam 7612 also and started the pre employment process. I was last at 180 Livingston in March when the virus came about. I've already done the medical/ paperwork and was waiting for the next step.  I been going to headquarters (180 Livingston) in person once a week and calling every number given and I can't get any information on what to do next. I get turned away and given numbers that no one picks up. I don't know who to contact as I was just reading they are calling 1900's and I'm in 1500's list.  Plz plz any help would be much appreciated. I don't want this opportunity to pass me by. 

2 minutes ago, Jason Ostolaza said:

Hello all and good afternoon.  I took exam 7612 also and started the pre employment process. I was last at 180 Livingston in March when the virus came about. I've already done the medical/ paperwork and was waiting for the next step.  I been going to headquarters (180 Livingston) in person once a week and calling every number given and I can't get any information on what to do next. I get turned away and given numbers that no one picks up. I don't know who to contact as I was just reading they are calling 1900's and I'm in 1500's list.  Plz plz any help would be much appreciated. I don't want this opportunity to pass me by. 

Jason im in the same boat as you. I was supposed to be in the march 30th class until it was postponed.  Im in the 1400s.  I emailed and called numbers that don't even answer. 

They don't answer emails anymore.  Exams unit, cerfticationunit, none of them reaponded yet. 

But when I find out any information ill let you guys know. 

The only phone that answers is zerega. 

On 9/1/2020 at 8:25 AM, +Young+ said:

As far as the pending moving violation, they will not let you proceed if it is pending. Therefore, if you want to proceed, you would have to pay it. Once it is paid, it should be reflected in your abstract.

Hi Young, in the pre employ form it asks for listing all pending violations for traffic.

If I pay the ticket, then would it be ok to put "None" and "Nothing Pending" in that section?

thank you

21 minutes ago, hh1a said:

Hi Young, in the pre employ form it asks for listing all pending violations for traffic.

If I pay the ticket, then would it be ok to put "None" and "Nothing Pending" in that section?

thank you

Just to hop in here,when I did the paperwork I had a moving violation I paid and didn't list it,and they came back to me and had me list it on the paper work during my 7 day training.I was at the understanding of it was paid not to put it,but you have to put it down if you were convicted 

I got an email from 180 livingston. She said to expect an email from employment center, and to give them my drivers license and fill out some paper work. I have not recieved it yet. But I think its the same one you guys are dealing with. 

53 minutes ago, train1290 said:

Moody, can you also PM me the email address too? Along with the form that we have to email by this Friday? Thanks in advance!

The forms can be accessed here and the e-mail address is employmentcenterbuses@nyct.com. If you have any trouble, you can always send an e-mail to employmentcenter@nyct.com.

If these e-mail addresses do not work, or if you do not hear back from them for whatever reason, you can always reach out to Vice President Patricia Lodge and/or Emma Marie Rivera, the manager of Employment Operations.

Good luck!!

29 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

The forms can be accessed here and the e-mail address is employmentcenterbuses@nyct.com. If you have any trouble, you can always send an e-mail to employmentcenter@nyct.com.

If these e-mail addresses do not work, or if you do not hear back from them for whatever reason, you can always reach out to Vice President Patricia Lodge and/or Emma Marie Rivera, the manager of Employment Operations.

Good luck!!

Emma marie rivera is the go-to person who responded. Thank god.

I got an email a few minutes ago. The same email you guys got the canvass, but the thing is, it says to turn in by august 31st ??? Its september 2nd. Im still sending it anyway.  Working on the application right now. This is like the 4th of 5th time im doing this application. It is what it is.