B/O 7612 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.d4d31222306cbee543b3fb965499ff7c.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 7612

List Status:  This list has been extended to October 17th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.16 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more up-to-date recent information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

40px_exams_nyct.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, dman1455 said:

They're redoing our drug tests and medical. Was told we'll be back to work once the DMV reopens.

Ok cool thanks.   I just want to work again but going in for that is no problem. Get me out of the house.

1 minute ago, trigger said:

It was good. They was just checking us out making sure we are healthy. Have to go to medical tomorrow for return to work check. 

I am assuming because things are going to start opening up in the near future hopefully.  

Just to let some of you know. Due to the pandemic in our city class 3:16:2020 and other classes before us that didn't get to continue have been given option to continue as Bus Cleaners or to stay home. I personally choose to help disinfect and clean buses because I am TA and I took an oath to defend our country and state all enemies foreign and domestic and corona virus is definitely considered an enemy. Ill let you guys know when class 3:16:2020 continues with bus operator training. 

31 minutes ago, trigger said:

Just to let some of you know. Due to the pandemic in our city class 3:16:2020 and other classes before us that didn't get to continue have been given option to continue as Bus Cleaners or to stay home. I personally choose to help disinfect and clean buses because I am TA and I took an oath to defend our country and state all enemies foreign and domestic and corona virus is definitely considered an enemy. Ill let you guys know when class 3:16:2020 continues with bus operator training. 

Yeah man all of that, Which depot you ended up in?

1 minute ago, trigger said:

Mother Clara hale, Its pretty close I live by yankee stadium.  But as far as pick for operator hopefully tuskegee airman

I cant believe how many people declined. I understand if you got family and all but all you got to do is spend a few extra moments and disinfect yourself before you go home. 

On 5/11/2020 at 8:55 AM, trigger said:

Stay safe and make sure to not let your guard down with this COVID. 

2 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Stay safe and make sure to not let your guard down with this COVID. 

Hey guys quick question, due to this virus outbreak. When we get called and go to medical after doing the pre moment drug test, what is the procedure/process for testing for COVID-19? Thank you in advance and be safe.

On 5/15/2020 at 2:27 PM, train1290 said:

Hey guys quick question, due to this virus outbreak. When we get called and go to medical after doing the pre moment drug test, what is the procedure/process for testing for COVID-19? Thank you in advance and be safe.

They did have the antibody test there at 180 livingston street when i was there. they just took blood was on the 4th floor some lab company was doing it. they test it and you get results in a few days. But its availible to ALL MTA employees. Not sure if you got your pass number yet.

7 hours ago, trigger said:

They did have the antibody test there at 180 livingston street when i was there. they just took blood was on the 4th floor some lab company was doing it. they test it and you get results in a few days. But its availible to ALL MTA employees. Not sure if you got your pass number yet.

Oh I didn't get called yet, I did in March, but I couldn't continue due to having points on my license. Now  good to go, just have to wait for the call. Where exactly did they take blood to check for the virus?

Edited by train1290
Misspelling

1 hour ago, train1290 said:

Oh I didn't get called yet, I did in March, but I couldn't continue due to having points on my license. Now  good to go, just have to wait for the call.

I hate to admit this, however you are aware that there is a hiring freeze in effect, right? If not, see below for the details.

This notice can also be found on the top of this webpage, towards the bottom of the green box.

In the meantime, stay safe and healthy!!

MTA_hiring_freeze.jpg

On 5/17/2020 at 12:09 AM, +Young+ said:

I hate to admit this, however you are aware that there is a hiring freeze in effect, right? If not, see below for the details.

This notice can also be found on the top of this webpage, towards the bottom of the green box.

In the meantime, stay safe and healthy!!

MTA_hiring_freeze.jpg

Yeah I know about the hiring freeze, just going to have to hold on at the moment. Stay safe +young+ and to others on the website.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,  I hope you are are staying safe and healthy 😊

I’m getting a bit frustrated at filling out the CPD booklet since according to my Social Security employment history I’ve had many jobs and can’t remember all these dates so I made mistakes. 

Question 1.  Can I use white out to make my corrections? If not what do I have to do?

Question 2.  All the additional pages for my employment section should go where? At the end of the booklet or detach the booklet and put them in? Also how do I number them since they are copies of page 13 (the additional pages are page 13)?

2 hours ago, Br00klynHappiness said:

Hi everyone,  I hope you are are staying safe and healthy 😊

I’m getting a bit frustrated at filling out the CPD booklet since according to my Social Security employment history I’ve had many jobs and can’t remember all these dates so I made mistakes. 

Question 1.  Can I use white out to make my corrections? If not what do I have to do?

Question 2.  All the additional pages for my employment section should go where? At the end of the booklet or detach the booklet and put them in? Also how do I number them since they are copies of page 13 (the additional pages are page 13)?

Not only am I staying safe and healthy, but lately I've been taking advantage of the "free food" at the local city schools! And, to tell you the truth, it's not that bad!!

Anyways, as far as the first question, you cannot use white out. If you need more pages, click here. Now, if you happen to have a printer either in your residence, apartment, etc., fantastic! If not, then I would suggest contacting your local office supply store, such as Staples, and see what they have to offer. With me, if I need to print something, I can email the PDF document as an attachment to a certain address, go to the store, and pay a nominal fee. The same machine that you print your documents from also acts as a copy machine as well.

Second, as far as the additional pages for your employment, I would personally detach the booklet and just make sure everything is in order by date, specifically month and year from the time you graduated high school. As far as the additional copies of page 13, I wouldn't worry about that. As long as everything is in order by date, you should be fine.

Stay safe and healthy!!

20 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Not only am I staying safe and healthy, but lately I've been taking advantage of the "free food" at the local city schools! And, to tell you the truth, it's not that bad!!

Anyways, as far as the first question, you cannot use white out. If you need more pages, click here. Now, if you happen to have a printer either in your residence, apartment, etc., fantastic! If not, then I would suggest contacting your local office supply store, such as Staples, and see what they have to offer. With me, if I need to print something, I can email the PDF document as an attachment to a certain address, go to the store, and pay a nominal fee. The same machine that you print your documents from also acts as a copy machine as well.

Second, as far as the additional pages for your employment, I would personally detach the booklet and just make sure everything is in order by date, specifically month and year from the time you graduated high school. As far as the additional copies of page 13, I wouldn't worry about that. As long as everything is in order by date, you should be fine.

Stay safe and healthy!!

Thanks Young!  I’m glad your doing well.  I have a neighbor who picks up the free food from a school down the block and likes to send them up to my son.  They actually are not bad at all!  Definitely staying safe and healthy 😎

• 2 weeks later...

NYS DMV

@nysdmv

·

Jun 1

Commercial Driver License (CDL) road tests will begin to resume in all regions that are in at least phase 1 of reopening. As regions enter phase 3 of reopening, DMV will resume road tests for all drivers. Safety precautions will be required.

NYS DMV cdl road tests to resume.  Even though that was june 1st and we will probably go into phase 2 this monday, the ball is in mta's court. I tried calling 180 livingston to ask when they will resume tranining, I didn't get an answer. I tried emailing someone they didn't respond.

I think they are waiting for staff and setting up 6 feet and plexi glass things at the offices at like 180 livingston. So lets keep our fingers crossed. All offices have a certain amount of capacitiy. So I think we will be getting go aheads soon. Probably have to take another drug test and do some medical again. 

14 minutes ago, Moody said:

NYS DMV

@nysdmv

·

Jun 1

Commercial Driver License (CDL) road tests will begin to resume in all regions that are in at least phase 1 of reopening. As regions enter phase 3 of reopening, DMV will resume road tests for all drivers. Safety precautions will be required.

NYS DMV cdl road tests to resume.  Even though that was june 1st and we will probably go into phase 2 this monday, the ball is in mta's court. I tried calling 180 livingston to ask when they will resume tranining, I didn't get an answer. I tried emailing someone they didn't respond.

I think they are waiting for staff and setting up 6 feet and plexi glass things at the offices at like 180 livingston. So lets keep our fingers crossed. All offices have a certain amount of capacitiy. So I think we will be getting go aheads soon. Probably have to take another drug test and do some medical again. 

180 Livingston has been closed since March and should reopen this upcoming Monday. You technically can't get a permit till we're in Phase 3, to which if everything goes on time we should be in by July 6.