The Official Bee-Line Thread

Lawrence St

5 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

On Sunday, there is a 1T variant that operates but ends at Dobbs Ferry, but uses the 1T designation. Not sure why it doesn't use the regular 1 designation,  but there's been confusion brought up to the county that there's no difference between the City Line & Dobbs Ferry signage.

The schedule says it operates only as far as the City Line on Sundays. (And Saturdays, most buses end at the City Line, with some extending to/from White Plains as 1W trips).

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

The schedule says it operates only as far as the City Line on Sundays. (And Saturdays, most buses end at the City Line, with some extending to/from White Plains as 1W trips).

That’s because the Sunday schedule does not show the Dobbs Ferry timepoint. 

5 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

The BL-4 on Sunday is horrible, mainly because the last bus from Bedford Park leaves at 8 PM. It used to be 7 PM.

What's so horrible about a span expansion of an hour?

25 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Yeah, IDK what he's talking about with that either....

7 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

What's so horrible about a span expansion of an hour?

Yeah, IDK what he's talking about with that either....

Because on weekdays the last departure is at 12 AM.

I dont get what's so hard to understand, the schedule does not show that 1T trip because it dosent have the Dobbs Ferry timepoint. You can see it on the GTFS feed.

44 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Don't resort to moving the goalpost..... A bus that used to have its last trip leave somewhere at 7pm prior, now doing so at 8pm, isn't this horrible thing....

44 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

I dont get what's so hard to understand, the schedule does not show that 1T trip because it dosent have the Dobbs Ferry timepoint. You can see it on the GTFS feed.

Making a sticking point out of that means much of nothing, because there are some timetables where Bee-Line goes out of their way to inform pax. that a certain route/trip does a certain deviation or extension... Such as the 7:13am trip on the BL-27 leaving White Plains, running nonstop to Peekskill....

Edited by B35 via Church

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

But the Saturday schedule has the Dobbs Ferry timepoint and it still doesn't show (not to mention I planned a trip on Google Maps on Sunday, and its options from the Warburton Avenue corridor to Dobbs Ferry all involved the Hudson Line or BL-6). 

12 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Don't resort to moving the goalpost..... A bus that used to have its last trip leave somewhere at 7pm prior, now doing so at 8pm, isn't this horrible thing....

Making a sticking point out of that means much of nothing, because there are some timetables where Bee-Line goes out of their way to inform pax. that a certain route/trip does a certain deviation or extension... Such as the 7:13am trip on the BL-27 leaving White Plains, running nonstop to Peekskill....

11 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

But the Saturday schedule has the Dobbs Ferry timepoint and it still doesn't show (not to mention I planned a trip on Google Maps on Sunday, and its options from the Warburton Avenue corridor to Dobbs Ferry all involved the Hudson Line or BL-6). 

https://www.transsee.ca/tripsched?a=beeline&t=1049785&date=2022-01-09

Trip departs on Sunday from Getty Square at 8:15 AM, arrives Dobbs Ferry (Main & Cedar) 8:40 AM.
EDIT: They updated it to start from Getty Square now.

Edited by Lawrence St

14 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

The Dobbs Ferry timepoint is at Ashford Ave and Broadway. This trip they are talking about ends at the end of the blue line shown on the pdf schedule which is at Main/Cedar which is between the Yonkers-Hastings City Line timepoint C and Dobbs Ferry’s timepoint D. So the Dobbs Ferry timepoint would never show this trip since it doesn’t go that far.

1 hour ago, jaf0519 said:

The Dobbs Ferry timepoint is at Ashford Ave and Broadway. This trip they are talking about ends at the end of the blue line shown on the pdf schedule which is at Main/Cedar which is between the Yonkers-Hastings City Line timepoint C and Dobbs Ferry’s timepoint D. So the Dobbs Ferry timepoint would never show this trip since it doesn’t go that far.

Yes which is a problem on Bee Line's end as that time-point should be at Main & Cedar since that's where most of the buses end.

Here's a list of changes that are combined with the driver shortage schedule & winter schedule. 

1/1C/1W/1T/1X - Trip Reductions

• The 7:50 AM 1X departure was cut.
  • The 7:40 AM NB 1T trip was shifted to 7:55 AM.
  • There are early morning & afternoon adjustments with all route variants.
  • The 7:53 AM SB 1 trip was cut.

2 - Trip Reductions

• All Park Av & Shonard Pl trips were discontinued.
  • The 6:59 AM, 7:15 AM NB trips were discontinued.

3 - Trip Reductions & Trip Shifts

• The 6:48 AM northbound trip was shifted up to 6:50 AM.
  • The 7:03 AM NB trip was discontinued.
  • A new 7:10 AM NB trip was added.
  • The 7:15 AM NB trip was shifted up to 7:30 AM.
  • The 4:49 PM SB trip was discontinued.

6 - Trips Elimination

• The 7:13 AM NB 6E trip to Hastings via Executive Blvd was cut.
  • The 3:40 PM SB 6E trip from Hastings via Executive Blvd was cut.

BxM4c (28) - Trips Elimination & Trip Shifts

• The 6:25 & 6:50 AM trips were combined into a 6:35 AM trip.
  • The 7:15 AM trip now leaves at 7:05 AM.
  • The 7:40 AM trip now leaves at 7:45 AM.

That's it for now, I'll compile more later.

• 2 weeks later...

@B35 via Church Listen to this craziness:

So the last northbound 6 out of Yonkers RR ends at White Plains at around 9:54 PM. However, there's ANOTHER northbound 6 that starts at White Plains and goes all the way to Pleasantville that starts at 10:10 PM.

Now I can not for the life of me figure out why there are trips like this that exist. Would it not make more sense to have just one bus run the whole route as opposed to 2?

17 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Now I can not for the life of me figure out why there are trips like this that exist. Would it not make more sense to have just one bus run the whole route as opposed to 2?

Maybe something to do with driver hours or not wanting to pay overtime? lol. I would hope it's someone maxing out driving hours and not overtime pay, it'd be a little silly if it was the latter. If it is the same bus/driver doing the trip, maybe they thought it was necessary to run the second trip at a later time (holding for connections, maybe workers are still out in the area?). 

On a slightly unrelated note, DASH of Alexandria is selling 2 of the (ex-Beeline) Neo's if anyone is interested. I know someone has 2 of them bought directly from BeeLine. They have a good engine but bad transmission (bus probably doesn't shift into gear so it needs to be towed). DASH #601 (ex-BL #556?) and #612 (ex-BL #???).

https://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=2948102

https://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=2948114

19 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

So the last northbound 6 out of Yonkers RR ends at White Plains at around 9:54 PM. However, there's ANOTHER northbound 6 that starts at White Plains and goes all the way to Pleasantville that starts at 10:10 PM.

I suspect Bee Line have a "pulse" or timed transfer for all of its routes (that are still running) at the Trans Center at 10:10PM/10:11PM

If you look at the weekday time table for 6, 13, 20, 40, 60. All of these routes converge at the TransCenter at around 10:10/10:11PM. Seems to be the only interval that does this

19 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Not necessarily.

In this particular case, I'd say it's dependent on the paddle of the driver of the 9:54 bus (as in, how many hours that b/o already put in before the fact)....

1 hour ago, Mtatransit said:

I suspect Bee Line have a "pulse" or timed transfer for all of its routes (that are still running) at the Trans Center at 10:10PM/10:11PM

If you look at the weekday time table for 6, 13, 20, 40, 60. All of these routes converge at the TransCenter at around 10:10/10:11PM. Seems to be the only interval that does this

Way back when I used to work in White Plains, all of the 10:10 departures were synced to leave the transcenter simultaneously. Usually a 'supervisor' would flag out all the routes to ensure all connections have been made. Was always amazing to watch & ride.

20 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Can't confirm but wouldn't be surprised if this is intentionally broken up so that it can be handled by two different drivers. 40 & 7 used to share drivers on Sundays as the 7 short-turns in Mt Vernon.

Edited by 40MntVrn

29 minutes ago, 40MntVrn said:

Way back when I used to work in White Plains, all of the 10:10 departures were synced to leave the transcenter simultaneously. Usually a 'supervisor' would flag out all the routes to ensure all connections have been made. Was always amazing to watch & ride.

Can't confirm but wouldn't be surprised if this is intentionally broken up so that it can be handled by two different drivers. 40 & 7 used to share drivers on Sundays as the 7 short-turns in Mt Vernon.

Actually, it seems the last 4 departures on the 6 all do that split shift.

Looking at the GTFS data, it seems all the 6 trips that operate between White Plains & Pleasentville are interlinked with another route, like the 63. I guess it is to balance out the driver paddles, but how do customers who want to get from Yonkers to Pleasentville have to do? Pay again?

Also, the first XE40 hit service on Friday.

On 1/4/2022 at 3:33 PM, Lawrence St said:

The 78 acts as a supplemental route to the 8 which is why it has horrible headways.

The BL-4 on Sunday is horrible, mainly because the last bus from Bedford Park leaves at 8 PM. It used to be 7 PM.

On Sunday, there is a 1T variant that operates but ends at Dobbs Ferry, but uses the 1T designation. Not sure why it doesn't use the regular 1 designation,  but there's been confusion brought up to the county that there's no difference between the City Line & Dobbs Ferry signage.

Gotcha, definitely explains a lot.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

Was in White Plains today and saw XE40 146 on the 13! Wasn't in a position to ride it as I was in lane E and it was playland bound. Didn't know Bee Line had XE40s, I know they had XDE40s and XE35s but not XE40s.

Yep, 4 XE35s and 2 XE40s.

• 4 weeks later...