MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 1100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_mabstoa.png.6aac599eb81094ba092b53cca1e33406.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 1100

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $26.19 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to
$37.42 in the sixth year of service

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1680's) - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class:

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

That’s what Young told us to do if we ever run into problems like this.

Young is MIA. Nobody knows what happend to him. I had asked him to delete one of my postings but no reply and that was months ago. 

46 minutes ago, mrtrini868 said:

Damn yes you right, I had them saved under MTA videos. 

Wow that was such D move. Looks like the right decision was made to give him the boot. Whatever was going on with him and the other Mods had nothing to do with the THOUSANDS of us other drivers waiting to start our 10 day training, who now won't have that "extra help" that the YT video's provided 😒 

Edited by HeadhunterCali
Add

55 minutes ago, HeadhunterCali said:

Wow that was such D move. Looks like the right decision was made to give him the boot. Whatever was going on with him and the other Mods had nothing to do with the THOUSANDS of us other drivers waiting to start our 10 day training, who now won't have that "extra help" that the YT video's provided 😒 

Not for nothing but if you search them they’re still there and if you guys are waiting also for mta bus they just emailed 35 min ago 

8 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Not for nothing but if you search them they’re still there and if you guys are waiting also for mta bus they just emailed 35 min ago 

Ugh, my issue is that if I start the employment process with MTA Bus I know exam #1100 is going to call me.

@SevenEleven Sorry to annoy you, I just had a question. If I get halfway through the pre-employment process with MTA Bus and I get called for #1100, how does that work?

1 minute ago, Lawrence St said:

Ugh, my issue is that if I start the employment process with MTA Bus I know exam #1100 is going to call me.

@SevenEleven Sorry to annoy you, I just had a question. If I get halfway through the pre-employment process with MTA Bus and I get called for #1100, how does that work?

Wifey got MABSTOA but they’re gonna be pushing mta bus for a minute….if you took both tests you can ask them but I highly doubt.  But you can always “transfer” when stoa calls. 

5 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Wifey got MABSTOA but they’re gonna be pushing mta bus for a minute….if you took both tests you can ask them but I highly doubt.  But you can always “transfer” when stoa calls. 

My issue is I don't know what's better for me. I know if I got with (MTA) Bus I'm gonna be stuck in Yonkers since I live in Riverdale now, and that means the pay will be less since all Yonkers route's aren't 24/7. If I go with MaBSTOA I know I'm going to get throw into a horrible depot in the Bronx.

1 minute ago, Lawrence St said:

My issue is I don't know what's better for me. I know if I got with (MTA) Bus I'm gonna be stuck in Yonkers since I live in Riverdale now, and that means the pay will be less since all Yonkers route's aren't 24/7. If I go with MaBSTOA I know I'm going to get throw into a horrible depot in the Bronx.

Straight up gonna be in Eastchester, jfk, or far rock ….and MABSTOA probably not going right to the Bronx at all

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

MaBSTOA have great depot in Manhattan too.  I think you should take MTA and when they call for 1100 just switch.  The way how they short on staff at 180 seems like a hassle already.

17 minutes ago, mrtrini868 said:

Do we get to pick which depot we want to go to or is it base on where they assign us? 

You may get a choice, sometimes you may not.

It all depends on what depots have availabilities and your standing amongst your classmates. Those who have lower list numbers/scored higher on the exams will get first dibs, in classes with mixed exams the previous exams will trump later ones. 

5 hours ago, HeadhunterCali said:

Those videos can still be accessed... There's other ways to get them, I'll look into it for you guys.

13 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I’m not sure tbh. Different sets of paperwork that needs to be filled out. As for your other question, go with MTA Bus and get through the 10 day training first. If OA calls you after, then all that’s going to happen is you going back to 180 to do the paperwork and then they’ll send you right to OA.

Don’t focus on the commute because there’s no guarantee that you’re going to be at a depot close to home. It’s the start of the year so your one guaranteed chance to pick into a closer depot is going to be system pick at the end of the year. Now if Zerega sends your whole class to one depot to start, it’s one thing and they will work to get you to your depot of choice. (In seniority order) But if your class picks and the last spots are in at Baisley Park or Gleason, that’s your pick and you riding it out until system pick.

MTA Bus, you have Yonkers and Eastchester. Then the next closest depots commute wise would be College Point and LGA. If you have to go to LGA, all you gotta do is take the M60 over there. CP would involve getting to Flushing and then taking the Q25 or Q50 up there. Baisley Park is LIRR to Jamaica, then getting to Jamaica Center for the Q111, 113 or the 114. Ulmer Park in the AM? Go to Quill and get the shuttle bus back to the depot. All of these depots have express routes so if you’re getting off at 3 PM, all you have to do is figure out which bus is pulling out to where and work it out. With OA, you can try for a depot in Manhattan as well.

Don’t stress the commute. If you or wifey have a car, try picking similar times at the same or nearby depot, so it’s not a burden to travel. Stick it out for the year.

As for money, you’re gonna make money. Nobody goes home with base salary. Trust. 

1 hour ago, SevenEleven said:

I’m not sure tbh. Different sets of paperwork that needs to be filled out. As for your other question, go with MTA Bus and get through the 10 day training first. If OA calls you after, then all that’s going to happen is you going back to 180 to do the paperwork and then they’ll send you right to OA.

Don’t focus on the commute because there’s no guarantee that you’re going to be at a depot close to home. It’s the start of the year so your one guaranteed chance to pick into a closer depot is going to be system pick at the end of the year. Now if Zerega sends your whole class to one depot to start, it’s one thing and they will work to get you to your depot of choice. (In seniority order) But if your class picks and the last spots are in at Baisley Park or Gleason, that’s your pick and you riding it out until system pick.

MTA Bus, you have Yonkers and Eastchester. Then the next closest depots commute wise would be College Point and LGA. If you have to go to LGA, all you gotta do is take the M60 over there. CP would involve getting to Flushing and then taking the Q25 or Q50 up there. Baisley Park is LIRR to Jamaica, then getting to Jamaica Center for the Q111, 113 or the 114. Ulmer Park in the AM? Go to Quill and get the shuttle bus back to the depot. All of these depots have express routes so if you’re getting off at 3 PM, all you have to do is figure out which bus is pulling out to where and work it out. With OA, you can try for a depot in Manhattan as well.

Don’t stress the commute. If you or wifey have a car, try picking similar times at the same or nearby depot, so it’s not a burden to travel. Stick it out for the year.

As for money, you’re gonna make money. Nobody goes home with base salary. Trust. 

Thanks for the info.

But we still have to pay to get on anything non-MTA Bus because of the pass restrictions right?

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Thanks for the info.

But we still have to pay to get on anything non-MTA Bus because of the pass restrictions right?

Your pass is accepted on all MTA vehicles. It might not work in the farebox or the turnstile but you’re afforded the same privileges as everyone else.