MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 1100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_mabstoa.png.6aac599eb81094ba092b53cca1e33406.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 1100

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $26.19 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to
$37.42 in the sixth year of service

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1680's) - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class:

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JerseyNative said:

Afternoon.  Exam 1100.  I took my first drug test on 10/29.  

Thank you.  I’m going in Friday.  For same exam.  The email said day 1.  I actually finished Medical and was supposed to be going in for Drug test then Final Processing. Just don’t want them to waste too much more time.  I had the run around enough.

1 minute ago, Kennedy said:

Thank you.  I’m going in Friday.  For same exam.  The email said day 1.  I actually finished Medical and was supposed to be going in for Drug test then Final Processing. Just don’t want them to waste too much more time.  I had the run around enough.

So now they call you back after that?

20 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

Good luck.  Be prepared to stay there all day.  They are very short staffed.  Covid has decimated their staff. There was only one tech guy there after 3 when the shift changed.  And the randoms, accidents and regular MTA employees will get preference over pre-employment.  The supervisor was very upset because someone who was there that day went on social media and complained about them.  Bring food.  

1 hour ago, JerseyNative said:

Good luck.  Be prepared to stay there all day.  They are very short staffed.  Covid has decimated their staff. There was only one tech guy there after 3 when the shift changed.  And the randoms, accidents and regular MTA employees will get preference over pre-employment.  The supervisor was very upset because someone who was there that day went on social media and complained about them.  Bring food.  

Thanks for the heads up.  I know they take long with the drug testing.

6 hours ago, JerseyNative said:

Now they called you back after 10/29. ??

26 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

Now they called you back after 10/29. ??

Yeah.  There was another guy there who was called back after 10/29 as well.  I tried to just do the drug test and leave, but I was told that I had to do the application all over again because it expires after 90 days, even though my application was only 2 months old.  

9 hours ago, JerseyNative said:

Yeah.  There was another guy there who was called back after 10/29 as well.  I tried to just do the drug test and leave, but I was told that I had to do the application all over again because it expires after 90 days, even though my application was only 2 months old.  

Yes I see they send the application for me to fill out again even though I finished Medical. But I know when I go in tomorrow is to do drug test again.

It’s is so terrible over here at 180.  They put some of us in a room on the fourth floor and said they will take us back up in 1 hour. Still here waiting in the same stop at 12:17.  They said they’re really short on staff.  So why schedule so many people then.  It’s terrible.  Be prepared to take the day off work for those who working.

11 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

It’s is so terrible over here at 180.  They put some of us in a room on the fourth floor and said they will take us back up in 1 hour. Still here waiting in the same stop at 12:17.  They said they’re really short on staff.  So why schedule so many people then.  It’s terrible.  Be prepared to take the day off work for those who working.

I thought you started training already? 🤔 

4 hours ago, HeadhunterCali said:

I thought you started training already? 🤔 

I wish I did.  Each time I go there is a disappointment.  If I had moving violations or accident I will understand.  None of that and still.  I had one parking ticked I got only Monday 1/3/2022 and was turned away because of that.  So all who going in for Bus Operator and have parking tickets make sure you pay it before entering.  They said things are different now.  The staffing is minimal there and overwhelming for them.  If I had won the lottery I would asked them to give it to the next person in-line.

7 hours ago, mrtrini868 said:

Parking tickets or moving violation ticket?

Parking ticket dear.  If I had moving violation I wouldn’t even had the chance to move any further with anything.  I got that ticket on Monday.  I had 1 violation ticket in my 15 years of driving, for my daughter not wearing a seat belt and that was since 2017. So that was never an issue to begin with.  That long fall off my record.  I know it’s hard for some to believe why I’m still not hired.  The first set back was my Medical because I was out work for some years on disability, then the Covid vaccine, which I’m fully vaccinated now.  Then when I think I got through those 2, it’s now a simple parking ticket.  

2 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

Parking ticket dear.  If I had moving violation I wouldn’t even had the chance to move any further with anything.  I got that ticket on Monday.  I had 1 violation ticket in my 15 years of driving, for my daughter not wearing a seat belt and that was since 2017. So that was never an issue to begin with.  That long fall off my record.  I know it’s hard for some to believe why I’m still not hired.  The first set back was my Medical because I was out work for some years on disability, then the Covid vaccine, which I’m fully vaccinated now.  Then when I think I got through those 2, it’s now a simple parking ticket.  

I have a very clean record, nothing for me to worry about when it comes to that.