MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 1100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_mabstoa.png.6aac599eb81094ba092b53cca1e33406.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 1100

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $26.19 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to
$37.42 in the sixth year of service

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1680's) - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class:

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

She’s starting this week.  The mess at 180 is concurrent for everyone so I hear

Still waiting for them to call me back.  I’m on a roller coaster up in 180.  I’m tired of taking days off work and not being paid for it and to be told you cannot be seen because of a parking ticket I recently got.  I’m trying to be patient but think I should’ve been hired long time ago.  And to be told by the next class date comes around I might have to do over medical, is like a slap in the face.

My friend just sent me this, it's a response from the exam unit, not sure what it means:

For exam #2302 there is no protest scheduled. We will send you a Notice of Results to the address we have in the system as soon as the list is established for the last group of test takers.

Thank you for your patience.

Does anyone remember how long it took to get their first paycheck? It's the second week and I haven't heard anything about our first checks. I haven't asked my trainer about our checks because I could honestly see him saying my job is to teach you how to drive the bus, not worry about payroll lol. Also, I qualified today on day 7!!!

13 minutes ago, Ajjohn11 said:

Does anyone remember how long it took to get their first paycheck? It's the second week and I haven't heard anything about our first checks. I haven't asked my trainer about our checks because I could honestly see him saying my job is to teach you how to drive the bus, not worry about payroll lol. Also, I qualified today on day 7!!!

January 20th and every 2 weeks after that. Congrats and welcome. 

59 minutes ago, Ajjohn11 said:

Congrats, did you have bus experience?

Edited by STtoMTA
Spelling

3 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Congrats, did you have bus experience?

I did, but not much with bigger vehicles. I got my CDL in June 2020 and I did the little school bus from June to November, and then I did paratransit from Jan- July, and then from July to January I went back to school busses but it was the big ones this time. 

Just now, Ajjohn11 said:

I did, but not much with bigger vehicles. I got my CDL in June 2020 and I did the little school bus from June to November, and then I did paratransit from Jan- July, and then from July to January I went back to school busses but it was the big ones this time. 

Congrats man!

On 1/5/2022 at 9:27 PM, JerseyNative said:

Yeah.  There was another guy there who was called back after 10/29 as well.  I tried to just do the drug test and leave, but I was told that I had to do the application all over again because it expires after 90 days, even though my application was only 2 months old.  

Good night.  Did they call you back yet?  Did u do medical?

1 hour ago, Ajjohn11 said:

Congratulations.

31 minutes ago, JerseyNative said:

Nope.  I haven't heard anything from them yet.  They are desperate for people and their hiring process is the worst.  I saw a training bus on Lexington Ave. Tuesday, so there is a class currently.  

I totally agree. Apparently someone forgot to copy my score over to this exam...how does that happen???

9 hours ago, JerseyNative said:

Nope.  I haven't heard anything from them yet.  They are desperate for people and their hiring process is the worst.  I saw a training bus on Lexington Ave. Tuesday, so there is a class currently.  

Yes they hiring all the while.  I do not understand how they’re doing it.  I did 2 drug test starting 10/28, did medical and was cleared, did my vaccination long time and still here.  I am very disappointed with how things going for me.  I don’t get it.  It’s even worst when they we will get back to you for rescheduling.  

43 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

Yes they hiring all the while.  I do not understand how they’re doing it.  I did 2 drug test starting 10/28, did medical and was cleared, did my vaccination long time and still here.  I am very disappointed with how things going for me.  I don’t get it.  It’s even worst when they we will get back to you for rescheduling.  

Two months from now, they will probably send me another e-mail congratuling me for getting to step one of the pre-employment process and I will have to do everything all over again.  I have taken three days off of work for this and I haven't even done medical yet.  I spent over 12 hours there on the third, when I could have been at work making overtime for a 12 hour shift.  This is just ridiculous.

56 minutes ago, JerseyNative said:

Two months from now, they will probably send me another e-mail congratuling me for getting to step one of the pre-employment process and I will have to do everything all over again.  I have taken three days off of work for this and I haven't even done medical yet.  I spent over 12 hours there on the third, when I could have been at work making overtime for a 12 hour shift.  This is just ridiculous.

I think we should send a letter to Albany because this is absolutely unacceptable and ridiculous.