Pictures of Orion buses at Oriskany Plant

CNYBusBuilder

Hello Everyone. I know it's been a while since I posted last. Sorry, but it's been pretty busy at Orion, trying to get a lot of buses out these last few months of the year, a lot of overtime. Anyway, I took my camera to work, and got a few pics of some different orders we currently have. The NYC order is online full speed now, I did 3 of them today. Some should be arriving there shortly. Where? I don't know. You all seem to know exactly where they are going, lol

Here are the pics, I hope this works. In answer to the Long Island Bus question, we will begin production of those in a few weeks. I hope you all enjoy the pictures

Brett

SANY0029.jpg

SANY0030.jpg

SANY0031.jpg

SANY0032.jpg

SANY0033.jpg

SANY0034.jpg

SANY0035.jpg

SANY0036.jpg

We still have Orion V's in production. Right now we have to orders for the V. One for Westchester County, NY. And the other order is for Sonoma County, CA. We keep hearing that the V is going away, and then we have another order, so who knows, lol

Brett

Hopefully, Orion will reconsider and keep the V in production. There are still TAs out there that may still want high floor Orions in their fleet.

Don't know if you saw this coming :) but questions: Do you know how many more hybrids are to be built for Houston METRO? I took pics and done a few vids in another thread of one here in Houston. Here's the thread=>http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6187

That's it from me---for now.

I'm sorry, folks, but I personally believe that the Orion VII NGs are the ugliest things to hit the streets of New York City since the debut of the New Flyer CNGs that came to Jg and WF Depots. I would hope that the bus would crowd before I get it so that I would have a viable excuse to not get on the bus. As you would read in the thread If Flatbush must have Hybrids... , you will find that I am not the only person with resentment to these god awful buses.

They are only beneficial for some minor routes like the B2, 31, 39,42,51, and even the B74 in Brooklyn. Honestly, keep them as far away from the streets of Brooklyn as possible.

Where is this bus going?

SANY0032.jpg

That is a nice scheme on that bus isn't it? If it had the Bee-Line Orion V Cummins engine in it, and sounded exactly like the Bee-Line 600-700 series buses, it would be so sexy........

Oh my Lawd!!! That's sumthin' Orion would say.........

Archived