Slants and R160A-2s on the (A)!

Pablo M 201

Thanks for the excellent pics Pablo M 201 !

The first two pics of a R160 (A), were so clear. Those pics look like, If I was standing in the station my self!!

The R160 on the (A) looks good. I hope thr R160 comes back home on the (A). I miss the R160 on the (A). It was a great ride, when I rode the R160 teast ride on the (A).

I do have a question for anybody. If the R160 can't ride to the Rockaways because of the power. Can the (MTA) just ride the R160 (A) train just to Lefferts Blvd? Is there a rule that all trains that ride on the (A) must be able to go on both branchs (Lefferts and the Rockaways)?

That nearby salt water issue is the problem for the R40 Slants. The R160s is cause of the electrical power failures along the rockaways

why would it br a prob the R40Slopes if R40M pass there too, they both have exact parts except one with a Slope end and the other with an R42 end

If anyone else plans on pursuing the R160 (A), please try to take more shots of the LED rollsign. That character doesn't seem to match the typeface used for the (W), (N), (J), (M), (Z) etc. (which all match up)

Then again, those look odd from certain angles in some pictures too.

what they shouldve done was tested the R160A's and R160B's on the lines that mostly uses the older cars...

(A)(:)(C)(E)(J)(L)(M)(W)(Z) lines.

well not really the (J)(L)(M)(W)(Z) because theyre already using R160's but at least the (A)(B)(C)(E) lines. they still use R32's, R40S's, R40M's, and R42's.

they shouldve tested those cars on those lines instead.

the (B)(D)(N)(Q)(S)(W) couldve remained using the R68/R68A's.

*(S) Franklin Av Shuttle

Thanks for the excellent pics Pablo M 201 !

The first two pics of a R160 (A), were so clear. Those pics look like, If I was standing in the station my self!!

The R160 on the (A) looks good. I hope thr R160 comes back home on the (A). I miss the R160 on the (A). It was a great ride, when I rode the R160 teast ride on the (A).

I do have a question for anybody. If the R160 can't ride to the Rockaways because of the power. Can the (MTA) just ride the R160 (A) train just to Lefferts Blvd? Is there a rule that all trains that ride on the (A) must be able to go on both branchs (Lefferts and the Rockaways)?

They used to do that with the 38's, which at one point had the same problems in the Rockaways (under the old LILCO), along with the 110's.

But it reduces flexibility. One of the good things about digital signs, is that at 207th, they can send a train running on one branch to the other branch, when needed.

what they shouldve done was tested the R160A's and R160B's on the lines that mostly uses the older cars...

(A)(:)(C)(E)(J)(L)(M)(W)(Z) lines.

well not really the (J)(L)(M)(W)(Z) because theyre already using R160's but at least the (A)(B)(C)(E) lines. they still use R32's, R40S's, R40M's, and R42's.

they shouldve tested those cars on those lines instead.

the (B)(D)(N)(Q)(S)(W) couldve remained using the R68/R68A's.

*(S) Franklin Av Shuttle

Well they can not because the franklin shuttle uses two car R68 or is it R68A :confused: but any way the R160 comes in either 4 or 5 car sets. Allthough it is a good a idea.

Archived