Which employees will MTA lay off?

Dahon

Are they going to lay off bus drivers, train operators, conductors?

From the news, I heard they were going to lay off station agents.

How will this effect the hiring of new workers? Will there be a need for new train operators?

Are they going to lay off bus drivers, train operators, conductors?

From the news, I heard they were going to lay off station agents.

How will this effect the hiring of new workers? Will there be a need for new train operators?

IF they lay off employees they won't be T/O's. They are essential operating personnel and are needed right now as always.

Station agents may be a target because they want to get rid of that title anyway. B/O's may be a target also because some of them aren't civil service and ALOT of bus routes may be eliminated.

IF they lay off employees they won't be T/O's. They are essential operating personnel and are needed right now as always.

Station agents may be a target because they want to get rid of that title anyway. B/O's may be a target also because some of them aren't civil service and ALOT of bus routes may be eliminated.

Right now there are a few B/O lists going around, which tests were civil service? (5025, 8006, Mabstoa)?

With the no layoff clause long gone, they can layoff whomever they please. B/O's just like T/O's are essential operating personnel. With subway service being slashed, they won't need all the T/O's and C/R's and I can see some of us (newbies) getting the ax. I think anyone with a year or more as a T/O will be very safe. Me I really don't care, as technically I am still a registered B/O, so if I get the ax, as per union agreement, I get my old job back as a B/O with 3 years on the job. The 8 months I've been in RTO, does count towards my time as a B/O. Only when my probation is up, then I am officially a T/O, and no longer a B/O. My old OA pass number still works.........

I don't see a need for 20 minute service on some lines, that when they connect (example is the (4) and (6) from 125-Brooklyn Bridge), you have a train every 10 minutes overnight, in these locations. Eliminate 1 train, give service every 30 minutes (which will be 15 minute service where they connect and run together). More fares on per train. This in my opinion though.......

With the no layoff clause long gone, they can layoff whomever they please. B/O's just like T/O's are essential operating personnel. With subway service being slashed, they won't need all the T/O's and C/R's and I can see some of us (newbies) getting the ax. I think anyone with a year or more as a T/O will be very safe. Me I really don't care, as technically I am still a registered B/O, so if I get the ax, as per union agreement, I get my old job back as a B/O with 3 years on the job. The 8 months I've been in RTO, does count towards my time as a B/O. Only when my probation is up, then I am officially a T/O, and no longer a B/O. My old OA pass number still works.........

I don't see a need for 20 minute service on some lines, that when they connect (example is the (4) and (6) from 125-Brooklyn Bridge), you have a train every 10 minutes overnight, in these locations. Eliminate 1 train, give service every 30 minutes (which will be 15 minute service where they connect and run together). More fares on per train. This in my opinion though.......

Back in 2002 Roger Toussaint gave away the no layoff clause during contract negotiations.

Right now there are a few B/O lists going around, which tests were civil service? (5025, 8006, Mabstoa)?

The #5025 and #8006 are civil service,Mabstoa isn't civil service. mta bus and mabstoa would be the first to get laid off. But the state can do what it wants now.

I'm also willing to bet a lot of "Support" roles will go away, like back office, HR, financial, etc.

HR is the bane of everyone's existence anyway so that's not necessarily a bad thing...

operating personnel I'm assuming they will hire at a slower rate (or put freezes in)

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13337/786; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

Just talked to the union and the general dispatcher. They told me there won't be any layoff for B/O. Because we are in shortage right now. They are doing the transfer to fill the shortage. About 30 B/O forced to transfer to kingsbridge depot this coming pick. Jackie gleason alone sent out 7. That sucks big time. From 36st brooklyn to 215st manhattan. R u f kidding me? By the way. For those waiting to get call. They told me there 's gonna be a new class in may.

well that sucks now if theres only a way i can prove 2 the mta personal in charge in person that they need people 2 work 4 them and people have a familys 2 support bills 2 pay and a house loan 2 pay off so with no money coming in they can end up being home less :cry::mad::tdown:

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13337/786; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

Just talked to the union and the general dispatcher. They told me there won't be any layoff for B/O. Because we are in shortage right now. They are doing the transfer to fill the shortage. About 30 B/O forced to transfer to kingsbridge depot this coming pick. Jackie gleason alone sent out 7. That sucks big time. From 36st brooklyn to 215st manhattan. R u f kidding me? By the way. For those waiting to get call. They told me there 's gonna be a new class in may.

I seen a RTS training bus today so they probably got a class going on right now

Civil service can still be laid-off. The only difference between them and and non-civil, is that civil gets the job back first before the non-civil.

Lay-offs in the MTA is usually asking the close to retirement guys to leave or changing your title to a lower pay rate title(Cleaner).

Lay-offs in the MTA is usually asking the close to retirement guys to leave or changing your title to a lower pay rate title(Cleaner).

This is not true. If you have 10 years or more in your current title you keep your pay rate even if you get reassigned to a different title.

We have a letter posted in my depot any B/O who wants to transfer to the Bronx see union need operator for I think it was for gun hill see union by today Friday 3/27 so it is a shortage in the system may it be MTA OA or TA but we are short operators so MTA will have to hire. No matter how much thay do not want to hang in there ladies and gentlemen

WE HAVE A LETTER POSTED IN MY DEPOT ANY B/O WHO WANTS TO TRANSFER TO BRONX SEE UNION NEED OPERATOR FOR I THINK IT WAS FOR GUN HILL SEE UNION BY TODAY FRIDAY 3/27 SO IT IS A SHORTAGE IN THE SYSTEM MAY IT BE MTA OA OR TA BUT WE ARE SHORT OPERATORS SO MTA WILL HAVE TO HIRE.NO MATTER HOW MUCH THAY DO NOT WANT TO HANG IN THERE LADIES AND GENTMEN

Chill out with the CAPS Fatboy. There's no need for that. We can read and understand just fine in plain text.

Talking to my union guy....he says that the ex private lines still have the no lay off clause.....we are working off the old contract....no MTA contract for us.....but hopefully Albany will come up with a deal....so no one has to do any of this...

Archived