• Last Reply
Bring back the Pelham shuttle (6).

Bring back the (Mx) via Brighton local.

Bring back the (R) via Astoria.

Bring back the (Q6Av) via 6 Av Express.

Bring back the (C) via Rockaway Park.

:)

Can you shatter these? :)

Bring back the (2) via Bronx thru express.

Bring back 24 hour service for the 42 St (S).

Bring back the (W) via 4 Av/West End local.

Bring back the demolished Jamaica elevated (J).

Bring back the Culver (S).

:cool:

Bring back the (S) Grand St Shuttle.

Bring back the (Mx) via Nassau St Local.

Bring back the (W) via West End.

Bring back the (S) 6 Av Shuttle.

:o

EDIT: Godamnit!! :P

Bring back the Ninth Avenue Elevated!

Bring back the (D) via Culver

Bring back the 70(EE)70(AA)70(CC)70(GG)70(LL)70(RR)70(QB)70(SS)

Should I go any further? :P

Edited by alejr88

Courtesy mta.info

Water Main Break Impacting A, B, C, and D Train Service

Customers using A, B, C and D train service should expect severe service disruptions due to a water main break in the vicinity of 110th Street and Central Park West. Both B and C trains are suspended from end to end. A train service is suspended between West 145th Street and Columbus Circle and D trains are mot running between 161st Street, in the Bronx and either Pacific Street, Brooklyn or West Fourth Street in Manhattan.

Video:

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/video?id=8359784

Courtesy WABC

I happen to take the (M) via 63rd and the (F) via 53rd street today. Tell me what is wrong with this announcement on the M via 63rd: This is Lexington Avenue, 63rd Street. Transfer is available to the 4,5,6,F,N,Q, & R trains.

I also happen to take the <6> up to Parkchester, go back down to 125 Street. (5) to Nereid via Bronx Express and stopped at Pelham Parkway. Got on a Manhattan bound (2) to 149-GC and took a (4) Jerome Express from 167 Street to Burnside Avenue. Seemed fun riding those express trains here in The Bronx.

I happen to take the (M) via 63rd and the (F) via 53rd street today. Tell me what is wrong with this announcement on the M via 63rd: This is Lexington Avenue, 63rd Street. Transfer is available to the 4,5,6,F,N,Q, & R trains.

I don't see anything wrong with that announcement.....if the (M) is going over the (F) line....its going to announce the (F). When the (F) goes over the (E)....it announce the (E) @ certain stations!

I don't see anything wrong with that announcement.....if the (M) is going over the (F) line....its going to announce the (F). When the (F) goes over the (E)....it announce the (E) @ certain stations!

Yeah but the announcement was supposed to be like this: This is Lexington Avenue, 63rd Street. Transfer is available to the (F) train. A free transfer is also available to the (4), (5), (6), (N), (Q), & (R) trains by walking to the Lexington Avenue 59 Street Station and using your MetroCard.

It's not a big deal since the (M) does not go there as much. Just felt like nitpicking. :P

Yeah but the announcement was supposed to be like this: This is Lexington Avenue, 63rd Street. Transfer is available to the (F) train. A free transfer is also available to the (4), (5), (6), (N), (Q), & (R) trains by walking to the Lexington Avenue 59 Street Station and using your MetroCard.

It's not a big deal since the (M) does not go there as much. Just felt like nitpicking. :P

*Facepalm*.....I made a mistake on my part lololol!

So, because of [what I heard was] a shooting, (2) and (5) service was suspended from Franklin Av to Flatbush Avenue from around 5:30 this morning, to early AM Rush Hour.

WARNING: LONG POST

--------------------------------------------------------------

I get to the Beverly Road (2)(5) station bright and early around 6:30 and hear that there have been no trains for the past hour from the token booth clerk. I start panicking, you know, school and all that. I take the block ticket she gives me and leaves.

The B44 wasn't an option, it'd take too long, and even if I did take it, (3) trains were appearently skipping Nostrand Avenue. I don't know if it was related to the shooting or not. I could take it to the (A), but that would take much too long.

I had to make my way over to the (;)(Q).

I should've have hailed a cab over to the Beverly Road (;)(Q) station, but I was acting impulsively. I ran down to Newkirk Avenue, aiming to take the B8 over to the Brighton Line. Lots of people had the same idea.

[For the curious, I didn't feeling like running up to Church Av for the B35 because Newkirk was closer, and I didn't want to run straight over to the Brighton Line.]

When the mass exodus got off the B8 at Newkirk Plaza, some guy was holding open the back door. I was thinking "Hey, that's nice!" but he was only holding the back door open so he could get on through the back, ha ha ha.

I need the (:( but get on the (Q) because it comes first, and time is not on my side.

I got on the (Q), and while on it I heard that the appearent cause of the shutdown was a shooting around Flatbush Av station and that the victim had been taken to Kings County Hospital.

I get off at Herald Square and run over to the 6th Av platforms. A (B) arrives, and I take it to Columbus Circle, looking for an express train. But we get held up around Rockefeller Center and 7th Av-53rd St, which makes me think a (D) train was delayed in front of us because of a crossing (A) train.

I mentally cursed because I guessed that I missed both express trains ;) (I know the A and D only save 3 minutes over the B and C from 59th St to 145th St, but when you're in danger of being late, every minute counts.) I think I was actually correct... After that B left Columbus, another B arrived, and then a C and a D at the same time. I take the D to 145th, and end up running to school even though I hurt my foot ;)

What's funny is that I was exactly one minute late. I try to get to school 30 minutes early, so I had 30 minutes to fall back on. And I'm one minute late. What's even funnier is that if that B train was a D, I probably would've made it on time. I actually ended up OK, my first period class was taught by someone who was kinda lenient about lateness (She has big jobs around the school, so she's often late to class herself!)

What's funnier still is that I had an eeriely similar experience this time last year, my only other lateness to school so far. Except then I wasn't OK, because I had the most fervent anti-lateness teachers in my school first period that day. Like that one did, this experience will probably make me leave earlier again. [until I regress....]

What's funniest is that the (2) and (5) were apparently running again by the time the rest of my family left to go to school/work/whatever an hour later.

Still, at least everything turned out OK in end. I'm waiting to see more news reports about this shooting (If any) before anything else.

Edited by Mysterious2train