Bus Rodeo, who's going?

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

is this gonna be at TA area in BK or where exactly cuz i dunno..

This would be for New York City Transit, Long Island Bus, and MTA Bus altogether.

My favorite part is the food and whatever bus does the course (last year, it was New Looks #100 and #7340 and Liberty Lines #3006).

All I know is from watching You Tube clips of past Bus Rodeos. Do they let people on the buses walk around inside?

Do they have Bus Conventions like at Jacob Javits center for example where you can see all the new and future bus models coming out(transit/motor coach).

Do they have Bus Conventions like at Jacob Javits center for example where you can see all the new and future bus models coming out(transit/motor coach).

The closest to a "Bus Convention" would be the APTA (American Public Transportation Association) Expo, held annually. I have some photos from the most recent APTA Expo in October 2008, held in San Diego, CA.

Be it that there isn't anything preventing me from going, I will be there. It was a lot of fun last year and I can't wait to see the buses again. I really hope that the Grumman bus 236 can make an appearance this year. I'm not holding my breath but I can pray.

The closest to a "Bus Convention" would be the APTA (American Public Transportation Association) Expo, held annually. I have some photos from the most recent APTA Expo in October 2008, held in San Diego, CA.

Awesome pics,I love the New Flyer Xcelsior. I guess NYC wouldn't be a good place to have an expo like that,it would make more sense to have it in a more suburban setting. The next Expo is in New Orleans in 2011,every 3 years. Prior Expo's were in Dallas and Las Vegas.

Awesome pics,I love the New Flyer Xcelsior. I guess NYC wouldn't be a good place to have an expo like that,it would make more sense to have it in a more suburban setting. The next Expo is in New Orleans in 2011,every 3 years. Prior Expo's were in Dallas and Las Vegas.

Speaking of---what's the model in your signature?

I will be there---and first stop: the food tent.

Speaking of---what's the model in your signature?

I will be there---and first stop: the food tent.

It's a Zonda A9 "Super Large Size Passenger bus" a Chinese style bus. It was built mainly for Tour bus service and whatnot

And lol at your first stop, I don't live in NY, but if i could go, i would go. My first stop would be the historical bus area :P

do you have to be a member to go? i never been to a bus rodeo before.

Nope, anybody can go. However the shuttle bus from Kings Plaza to the roadeo is very hard to find. Last year they didn't put up any signs of where the shuttle bus is stopping. When I eventually found the bus stop, it was the last stop on the B2/9/41/46 before Kings plaza. Most likely it will be stopping there again this year, last year they used an Flatbush 9600 for the shuttle. Ethier Ulmer Park or Flatbush will be covering the roadeo shuttle bus. So look out for an MCI, RTS or Orion VII NG signed up as an subway shuttle, as that will most likely be the shuttle to the roadeo.

Thanks D.J for answering aemoreira81's question about the bus in my signature. So if one comes driving to Floyd Bennett Field,how do you find the roadeo? just look for the buses? Take Flatbush Ave south and make a left onto aviation rd?

Make a left on the last street on Flatbush ave before the brige to the Rocaways. Follow the signs after that (The MTA puts up signs directing people to the site of the roadeo).

Archived