Area's/Subway lines You're Planning To Fan in 2011

Daniel The Cool

I have plenty of places and things on my to-do list for next year, things I also need to expand on.

Manhattan

63rd St Line (F)

Northern Broadway line (1)

(M15) Select Service

Bronx

Dyre Ave Line (5)

Pelham Line (6)

Woodlawn Line (4)

(Bx12) Select Service

Queens

Outdoor sections of the (A)

179 St Line (F)

Eastern end of the (7)

R160 (Z) Train

Brooklyn

New Lots Line (3)

Atlantic Ave (L)

West End Line (D)

Sea Beach Line (N)

Brighton Line (:)(Q)

Staten Island

Staten Island Railway

I'm basically done fanning in the NYC Metro area. I've been to every subway station and over half of the LIRR stations. I will take a M-8 fan trip on Metro-North. I won't be doing any NJ Transit, PATH, or HBLR trips in 2011 because I already covered all of the areas I wanted to see in those systems. I will take a few express bus trips. I will also make my annual trip to DC as well as a Silverliner V trip to Philadelphia. If I can save enough dinero then I MIGHT go to Atlanta and take some MARTA pics.

I've pretty much covered the remainder of the system this year, aside from a few odds and ends. Nowadays I only fan where I feel like fanning. What I can think of off the top of my head that I'd like to revisit (assuming I can get my hands on an SLR next year):

• the (3) north of 135th St. (I haven't done this before)
  • the (2) above E. 180th St. (I haven't been above 238th St.)
  • the Dyre Ave. line (5). It's a shame I couldn't get decent photos during foliage season (this goes for all lines good for foliage)
  • the (A) stations north of 168th St. (good with an SLR)
  • Untouched Central Brooklyn Stations (i.e. Brooklyn IRT, York St., High St., etc.)
  • Lefferts line (A) (I've only done this line once)
  • Concourse line (:)(D)
  • 63rd St. stations (F)
  • Crosstown line stations (G) (I would've gotten this done this year but a cop encounter kinda ruined that)
  • More Jamaica line coverage (J)
  • Underground (L) stations in Brooklyn (also revisiting Canarsie)
  • Broadway local stations (N)(Q)(R)
  • Franklin Shuttle (S)
  • Staten Island Railway (I only have pics at St. George and Annadale from the one time I've used it; I haven't been south of Annadale)

None. :cool:

No but seriously, I ride the subway to work five days a week as well as my thirty-plus years riding it. There are some places on Metro-North and LIRR that I would like to photograph not fan. Right now I'm just mixing my most recent hobby of photography with my long time hobby of trains. :cool:

I guess the older fleets like the R32/42/46 they won't be here too long.They got about less than 10yrs anways.And new stuff.I'll get more of the (J)(Z) I don't even have one picture of the (Z) lol.I'll be hitting up the R142A's on the (4) and (6) b\c idk which group are going to the (7) either way its gonna suck.And the underrated (G).

I fanned everywhere. Now it just becomes where I feel like taking pics at.

Truth.

=

There are probably some elevated segments that I'd like to get more pics of, but since everything is homogenous, I really have no motivation for bothering anymore.

But truth be told if I do fan anything, it'll be for the photo ops. I've already been to every end of every line. So nothing new for me.

The Brighton Line. I heard that the (:((Q) has a terrific view of the various neighborhoods it travels though. This will be my first time down the Brighton Line. Very exciting Stuff.

coming soon will be my first time as well going down the Brighton Line south of Prospect Park.

Archived