The R42's are going Fast

R32 3838

Prior to Daniel's Post, I was on the (V) for the last 2 days and All I saw was 3-4 Trainsets of R42's and the rest were R46's, yesterday I saw 1 R32,4 R42's and the rest R46's, All I got to say is ride them, A scrap train of R42's just Left Jamaica 2 days ago, The (R) had an R42 but it was OOS due to problems, Ride those R42's because by the end of this month there will be no More, The R42's are going Quick.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prior to Daniel's Post, I was on the (V) for the last 2 days and All I saw was 3-4 Trainsets of R42's and the rest were R46's, yesterday I saw 1 R32,4 R42's and the rest R46's, All I got to say is ride them, A scrap train of R42's just Left Jamaica 2 days ago, The (R) had an R42 but it was OOS due to problems, Ride those R42's because by the end of this month there will be no More, The R42's are going Quick.

Im sorry you mean for the Queens Blvd Lines i guess right?

The R42's are still going to run on the (J) and (Z) Until they can get the rest of the R160's over to the ENY...

Unless you know something... :)

Are you serious? I didn't expect the R42s to be gone so soon. At least it's Jamaica's R42s that are retiring this fast. I'm guessing ENY's R42s may go on until January then. I better catch myself some R42s! :cool:

Im sorry you mean for the Queens Blvd Lines i guess right?

The R42's are still going to run on the (J) and (Z) Until they can get the rest of the R160's over to the ENY...

Unless you know something... :)

He most likely meant Jamaica's R42s. ENY's R42s still have some time left, but not much!

So how long till the death of the R42? Grazie.

Antonio Cristofaro tried to put a crocodile on the subways in Italian legend.

Expect R42s to be gone in their entirety by the end of January. If the original poster is correct about Jamaica's R42s seeing death, they should be gone by the beginning of December.

At the rate Alstom is delivering their R160s, the 5-car R160As should all be here by the end of February (150 cars left to deliver, 40 cars a month, with some extra time left). Then, depending on whether or not they are delivering the 4-car R160A's with CBTC installed there may or may not be a pause between the two orders. The R42's out of Jamaica should be gone by the end of this year, if not by the end of January or so next year. The R42's at ENY have about 1-2 months to live before that. I would recommend getting them now (especially for the (J)/(Z) if you want that foliage shot).

>.> as long as you don't make us try and guess the stations you recorded the videos from...

LOL!

Thank god that the R42s are going from Jamaica. ENY's R42s and R160s are in much better condition than Jamaica. I rather have the R42s stay on the J/Z lines instead of the Queens Blvd Lines....

Hows the R32 over there?

At the rate Alstom is delivering their R160s, the 5-car R160As should all be here by the end of February (150 cars left to deliver, 40 cars a month, with some extra time left). Then, depending on whether or not they are delivering the 4-car R160A's with CBTC installed there may or may not be a pause between the two orders. The R42's out of Jamaica should be gone by the end of this year, if not by the end of January or so next year. The R42's at ENY have about 1-2 months to live before that. I would recommend getting them now (especially for the (J)/(Z) if you want that foliage shot).

The 99XX's that are coming to ENY are not going to have CBTC installed in them. 8313-8368 already have everything installed are in the middle of testing. They should go CBTC by the end of the year. From wha I hear there will be 8 to 10 weeks of Late night and Weekends G.O. effecting the (L) line to remove all now flashing CBTC signals.

Thank god that the R42s are going from Jamaica. ENY's R42s and R160s are in much better condition than Jamaica. I rather have the R42s stay on the J/Z lines instead of the Queens Blvd Lines....

IAWTP, although the R42s at ENY aren't holding up that well either. They must be in better condition though, considering that Jamaica's are getting the boot first.

The 99XX's that are coming to ENY are not going to have CBTC installed in them. 8313-8368 already have everything installed are in the middle of testing. They should go CBTC by the end of the year. From wha I hear there will be 8 to 10 weeks of Late night and Weekends G.O. effecting the (L) line to remove all now flashing CBTC signals.

Why are they removing the signals?

Ive seen a view on the (V) im my more into ENYs R42.. But thx for the update.. Does the (R) still swape R42 off the (V)? Seeing that ive only seen R46 for the last 2 weeks on the (R) via QBL..

Yes, the R42 (R) still runs. I've seen it twice in the past few weeks. The first time was on a Tuesday morning at Roosevelt Ave. heading S/B around 7:50-8:00 AM (I think this one's a put-in from Forest Hills) and the second time was at Queens Plaza going N/B at 5:41 PM (I think this is a 59th St. put-in ~4-4:30).

Archived