Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Thanks. That is definitely true, guess age isn't consistent with people's maturity levels sometimes. I have my moments when I act like a little kid, but I have my moments that I can be serious. It all depends on the people I'm with and if I'm in the mood to be chill or be strict. I hate being strict all the time, I feel that life is too short to be serious all the time. There are people who are so miserable because they act uptight all the time and never know how to relax. I tend to be loosened up all the time, chill and relaxed. Again, it depends on the people I'm with, and if someone does or says something that can turn my mood around, I show it and my behavior changes. I'm not very good at hiding my emotions. If I'm pissed about something, I just tell people that it's nothing at all.

As for the relationship thing, I'll see what happens. Maybe 2013 will be my lucky year, who knows? There is this girl from my school that I've been running into from time to time, really nice girl...a year older than me, pretty articulated, good head on her shoulders...I'll keep you guys posted lol  ;)

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheesh, where were they when you were single? Or these are the type of women who only hit on married or engaged people? SMH

Sidenote: I'm usually at this site through my iphone so I was viewing the mobile version of the forum. Now I put it back to the original web format, time to up some posts I owe.

I think part of the reason is because a man who is engaged or married usually is successful financially or is in the process of fulfilling commendable goals, women find attractive.

There's also a mind set involved. If a man who is single and looking for a date presents himself as 'needy' then that will not make a good impression to the girl he is pursuing. If however a man just acts natural and chill, and not necessarily pay even a drop dead gorgeous woman no mind, the woman will think to herself "WTF? I'm too hot yet this man is not interested in me?" That catches her in interest and then she will want to pursue that man because HE'S playing hard to get instead of her playing hard to get, with the ball in HIS court

This works with alot of women that a man may even think is out of his league. 

Thanks. That is definitely true, guess age isn't consistent with people's maturity levels sometimes. 

Yes, this is very true, very much so. I've meet girls that were much younger than me who carries themselves in a surprisingly highly dignified and mature way, which I found quite impressive. More the exception than the rule but indeed I agree.

Age doesn't matter at all. There are older girls who act just as immature as a teenager. Look for a chick who is classy, smart, but also cute. I'm sure there are few out there, real nice girls like realizm says. Give it time, you deserve better LRG.

^^^^^ This.

I absolutely hate it when young people use their age as an excuse for their rude or ridiculous conduct. These same people are the ones bitching that many youth aren't respected and/or given equal rights and treatment.

Yeah, go on and bitch. As a group minority you guys are doing a good job creating a negative reputation of your generation. Keep representing...

I must add, while I'm sure this has always been a generational problem, if this is as apparent as it is now with the younger members of Generaton Y, then I fear for the next upcoming Generation [Z].

Edited by Turbo19

Well, we all had that age when we were doing dumb shit, but after a while it gets old, and we, or at least most of us, grow out of it. Unfortunately, some never will and it hurts them later in life. Then these people duplicate and have children and pass on the message that it's okay for them to act the same way, and it's not. There's a difference betwen having fun and acting like a f***ing idiot. Sadly, people don't know the difference.

I went to a party last night and I didn't get home till almost 3 in the morning. I had a good time hanging out with friends, we acted silly and stuff dancing our asses to Spanish music like fools (and I can't dance for the life of me), but we kept ourselves under control, no fights started, and we all left in one piece.

That's how it should be in general, but people ruin it for others.

Well, we all had that age when we were doing dumb shit, but after a while it gets old, and we, or at least most of us, grow out of it. Unfortunately, some never will and it hurts them later in life. Then these people duplicate and have children and pass on the message that it's okay for them to act the same way, and it's not. There's a difference betwen having fun and acting like a f***ing idiot. Sadly, people don't know the difference.

I went to a party last night and I didn't get home till almost 3 in the morning. I had a good time hanging out with friends, we acted silly and stuff dancing our asses to Spanish music like fools (and I can't dance for the life of me), but we kept ourselves under control, no fights started, and we all left in one piece.

This is the truth. Please read what LRG just posted very carefully and take that to heart. +1 to this post as I re-up on points

Edited by realizm

Well I agree. There's no problem with acting youthful, because really life is to short to be uptight and shit, but what I'm referring is blatantly acting like a dumbass 24/7. But by all means, have fun and enjoy life.

Just pointining out real quick, I wasn't directing that statement to anyone in the thread, yourself included, though it may have seemed it. I actually was referring to someone in the shoutbox.

Well I agree. There's no problem with acting youthful, because really life is to short to be uptight and shit, but what I'm referring is blatantly acting like a dumbass 24/7. But by all means, have fun and enjoy life.

Just pointining out real quick, I wasn't directing that statement to anyone in the thread, yourself included, though it may have seemed it. I actually was referring to someone in the shoutbox.

Oh don't worry, I never thought it was aimed at me at all. I agree with what you initially said. People ruin it for others and want to get defensive when it's thrown in their face.

(Btw, I -1'd you post my accident, sorry !!!)

It's not even  6:00am and some stupid mofo on a bike clipped me as he rode on the sidewalk. Then he gets all mad because I push him to the side.

Seriously, anyone operating a wheeled vehicle at a fair amount of speed has no business being on the sidewalk. If you don't have the balls to ride in the street then don't bike at all.

Stated by a former regular bicyclist.

That's why I don't think I'm ready for a girlfriend yet...I'm don't think I'm prepared for the price tag it'll come along with. I have my own money issues and whatnot...I'm trying to save every penny I can so I can get the hell out of my mom's house by the summer and I don't need to be spending it unnecessarily.

there is no luck with women they are just that women they are like pokemon if you got no balls you won't catch any. I simply don't have the patience or time as I am now. Forget friends with benefits she would never leave me alone if I tried that shit.

I feel your sentiments man. In my experience, most chicks want your time and money and they'll toss you out to the curb the second you can't provide for them.

Not all women. And those types are not as common as you think.