Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

As a former technical support, changing out the modem does not always fix things. It actually could be the wiring in the home and/or outside. Also, if cable doesn't work well at one's home but FiOS does, you have to remember they are two totally different connections. That's like saying, yeah, this Manhattan clam chowder isn't cooked right, but this New England chowder is perfect. It's completely. different.

And like I've said before, just because you've had a bad experience with customer support does not mean the entire company has bad customer support. I've also noted that Verizon has shit customer support.

Inside the house they both use the same coax wiring.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FiOS also gives the option of connecting directly to the fiber terminal. That means instead of using the coaxial output, I can connect an Ethernet cable directly instead.

The fiber box is in her basement and they just hooked it up to the coax so they wouldn't have to wire Ethernet to the modem upstairs. It's fine, definitely no problem with the inside wiring and it's still damnn fast.

The fiber box is in her basement and they just hooked it up to the coax so they wouldn't have to wire Ethernet to the modem upstairs. It's fine, definitely no problem with the inside wiring and it's still damnn fast.

There's always overhead from signal conversions. I have my own (better) routers/switches and if I had to use the Verizon provided one, I would have to force all my connections to go through 2 routers before hitting the Internet. Each router a connection travels through introduces some latency. And Verizon's provided routers have crap wireless performance.

"Ye of detestable name and virtue, false apostle, thou art bayed back to the abyss!

SERAPHIC LAW!!

The thing is will anyone be willing enough to drink out of that cup of wrath and deal with the consequences? I even ask you that question... Feel free to answer at the time most convenient for you.

Edited by realizm

What would you do, if you were in this situation?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=749635071764263

I dont know if I can answer your question as to what I would do if I was in this situation on a public forum to be honest. Im still shocked by what I just saw in the video...

But one thing is for sure, it goes to show how gender-biased the system can be. I mean the father is protecting his child from an animistic mother who is a child abuser. She just beat his child and an infant at that! Yet HE gets arrested for this?  People need to know ultimately why you must be so careful as to who you date or marry. Yes women can be murderous and vicious just like men contrary to what the feminist extremists would like you to believe.

I should share this on Facebook myself .

Daredevil cyclists being profiled on the news... One question. Why the hell are we (they) feeding those f****ing trolls?

Profiling them only makes them do it more. Call in the NG and SHUT. THEM. DOWN.

It's been a problem for a while and now because a woman has died, the cops are finally out starting to enforce the speed limits of those out of control cyclists. They are as dangerous as ppl driving cars. This needed to be brought ip on the news and i'm glad it has. Edited by Grand Concourse

It's been a problem for a while and now because a woman has died, the cops are finally out starting to enforce the speed limits of those out of control cyclists. They are as dangerous as ppl driving cars. This needed to be brought ip on the news and i'm glad it has.

Don't forget the delivery ones who go the wrong way on one way streets

It's been a problem for a while and now because a woman has died, the cops are finally out starting to enforce the speed limits of those out of control cyclists. They are as dangerous as ppl driving cars. This needed to be brought ip on the news and i'm glad it has.

Unfortunately pedestrians are just as dangerous to cyclists and drivers. They need to start enforcing jay-walking laws and following signals as well. I can't even count on my two hands how many times I had to slam my brakes because some kid or person decides to cross the street when they are not suppose to.

I use crosswalks when I can, even when I venture to Manhattan.  I don't feel safe walking in a crowd that didn't wait for the walk signal.

Speaking of driving, my dad has already gotten two tickets this month, the latter from one of the infamous speed cameras that have popped up all over Nassau.  This worries me...  I really need to find a job now, so I can get a car and drive myself around and pay for myself.  I've been driving around on the weekends and I feel a lot more comfortable now, but I essentially only have a car on the weekends...

I use crosswalks when I can, even when I venture to Manhattan.  I don't feel safe walking in a crowd that didn't wait for the walk signal.

Speaking of driving, my dad has already gotten two tickets this month, the latter from one of the infamous speed cameras that have popped up all over Nassau.  This worries me...  I really need to find a job now, so I can get a car and drive myself around and pay for myself.  I've been driving around on the weekends and I feel a lot more comfortable now, but I essentially only have a car on the weekends...

With the new speed limit and devious "speed traps" around now, you're better off taking public transportation. I'm pretty much done with this speed limit, it's so aggravating. I unfortunately had to use that exit in Brooklyn once and I forcefully slowed down before even getting off the damn Belt and near almost got rear-ended.

*Thanks Mayor and DOT, you see the bullshit you've done with these speed traps on highway off-ramps?

I always use crosswalks these days

Using crosswalks are good, but there are people that "use" it at inappropriate times...like when are not supposed to go.

With the new speed limit and devious "speed traps" around now, you're better off taking public transportation. I'm pretty much done with this speed limit, it's so aggravating. I unfortunately had to use that exit in Brooklyn once and I forcefully slowed down before even getting off the damn Belt and near almost got rear-ended.

*Thanks Mayor and DOT, you see the bullshit you've done with these speed traps on highway off-ramps?

Using crosswalks are good, but there are people that "use" it at inappropriate times...like when are not supposed to go.

Lol...I know exactly what u mean..

Don't forget the delivery ones who go the wrong way on one way streets

Oh yes people on bikes in general violating the traffic laws. The governemnt has been focusing all their attention on cars, but haven't taken wreckless bike riders to task.

Unfortunately pedestrians are just as dangerous to cyclists and drivers. They need to start enforcing jay-walking laws and following signals as well. I can't even count on my two hands how many times I had to slam my brakes because some kid or person decides to cross the street when they are not suppose to.

very true. Pedestrians are also a problem being fixed on their phones or crossing the street against a 'don't walk' sign. I see this often like along canal st with the tourists and locals just crossing when they feel like it. That street needs the traffic cops because the lights don't mean a damn thing, but they are like the sacred calfs to the politicians because 'people aren't to blame, just the 'evil' car drivers'. It's no wonder things are so f'ed up.