Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Well I take no pleasure in announcing this but the reason I was completely absent from the forums for a week was because someone broke into my apartment last week while I was not home. Took everything except one of my laptops and my stereo. Yep they got my camera also. At one point I was in tears, all my shit I've worked so hard for -- gone!

The NYPD cannot track it down with the receipts off the serial numbers because the burglers sold it off on the black market and its nowhere to be found.

Good news is:

1) One guy was caught and charged with one count of felony grand larceny and one count of credit card fraud. The NYPD detectives caught him off security cams from another apartment. Hes doing time in Rikers until the trial date comes. His bail was set at 20,000 dollars so he isnt going nowhere. Dont feel sorry for the punk one bit. Apparently he is a junkie who is hooked on pills and heroin I was told by cops.

2) All my cash assets are intact. He couldnt do anything with my bank cards, luckily the bank I work with locked my account as soon as they saw what was going on. That evidence puts the man at two felony counts, not one.

3) I'm working while going to school, so I will be tight financially but I anticipate that I will recover financially by January. With a new DSLR. That said I am thinking about moving out of the neighborhood.

Seems crime is on the rise here and I am not in the mood to become a target for criminals. As it is it seems I am in the middle of a robbery spree of crimes in my area. So Im leaving by the end of this month. I am considering moving back into the Bronx.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't have come back if not for the fact that my road test was a month ago and I was nervous for it.  I passed but only have a car on the weekends so I just go to the NICE forum to see how hilariously bad things get.

I've moved out of Nassau, and I don't miss NICE a bit! Congrats on passing!

I've moved out of Nassau, and I don't miss NICE a bit! Congrats on passing!

Thank god, lol.

Well I take no pleasure in announcing this but the reason I was completely absent from the forums for a week was because someone broke into my apartment last week while I was not home. Took everything except one of my laptops and my stereo. Yep they got my camera also. At one point I was in tears, all my shit I've worked so hard for -- gone!

The NYPD cannot track it down with the receipts off the serial numbers because the burglers sold it off on the black market and its nowhere to be found.

Good news is:

1) One guy was caught and charged with one count of felony grand larceny and one count of credit card fraud. The NYPD detectives caught him off security cams from another apartment. Hes doing time in Rikers until the trial date comes. His bail was set at 20,000 dollars so he isnt going nowhere. Dont feel sorry for the punk one bit. Apparently he is a junkie who is hooked on pills and heroin I was told by cops.

2) All my cash assets are intact. He couldnt do anything with my bank cards, luckily the bank I work with locked my account as soon as they saw what was going on. That evidence puts the man at two felony counts, not one.

3) I'm working while going to school, so I will be tight financially but I anticipate that I will recover financially by January. With a new DSLR. That said I am thinking about moving out of the neighborhood.

Seems crime is on the rise here and I am not in the mood to become a target for criminals. As it is it seems I am in the middle of a robbery spree of crimes in my area. So Im leaving by the end of this month. I am considering moving back into the Bronx.

Damn, that sucks

Well, I don't know, but perhaps Queens could be a suggestion too. Some areas are near Manhattan as well, by train. For me, getting to Downtown is much easier than to Midtown (just the way the (M) is set up).

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Because we can't all have Manhattan levels of service and accessibility, can we?  Is the idea of space and places being spread out so foreign to Manhattanites?

Actually I live in suburban Westchester, where buses are the most useless things out there. It takes an hour to ride from Tarrytown to White Plains, a ride which takes 5-10 minutes in a car.

I recently stopped eating cereal, wholesale... No real reason.

Might get back into eating (hot) cereal though...

Anyway, my arsenal basically consisted of Frosted Flakes, Corn Pops, Rice Krispies (well, this I ended up ceasing eating b/c I was too heavy handed w/ the sugar), & Apple Cinnamon Cheerios....

No mainstream breakfast cereals for me except the hipster shit. Replace cereal with oatmeal or granola. Replace mass-produced brands of yogurts like Dannon with Siggi's, Fage, or something from the local farms. (Dannon uses thickeners to imitate the original yogurt without all of its goodness.)

I usually don't post issues on here but this time I'm going to. I've been spending the last 2 weeks or so being alone and not attending events or nothing. Why? Because I'm not in photography school like I was supposed to because I couldn't afford it and I couldn't even get loans because the loans company rejected it. I've been posting more subway photos thread lately because of it thinking railfanning will ease the stress but it really hasn't. I've been lacking sleep because I'm stressed and embarrassed to even hang out and attend events because I'm not in anything right now and feels completely stupid. At this point, I didn't market myself out there even though I was going to because I'm not in anything. Dreams been crushed and is trying to find photography stuff to do but I've been lacking and nervous about it. And no I'm not going to community college because they're not for me and its not for everyone which is true

I had to let this out.