NovaBus LFS Articulated Discussion

R32 3348

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many would argue that the streets the routes travel would be better served by artics, since the two sections are shorter than 40', yet have a similar turning radi.

That's only true for the D60 and possibly the XD60 (don't know for sure yet, I just assume so for the XD60 because it's a New Flyer product). The LFSA is a 40ft section with a trailing 22ft section...

328 Articulated Buses. Delivery delayed, schedule & TA depot assignments TBA.

-256 Buses for TA: MJQ, CHA for S79, KB, WF, GH, MCH, TU/100, FLA depots

-72 Buses for BC: Baisley Park, and JFK depots.

*** Articulated award pushed back one year to allow the XD60 to be evaluated for up to one full year if needed. That being said, it is no longer a guarantee that any or all of the buses will be LFSA's.

328 Articulated Buses. Delivery delayed, schedule & TA depot assignments TBA.

-256 Buses for TA: MJQ, CHA for S79, KB, WF, GH, MCH, TU/100, FLA depots

-72 Buses for BC: Baisley Park, and JFK depots.

*** Articulated award pushed back one year to allow the XD60 to be evaluated for up to one full year if needed. That being said, it is no longer a guarantee that any or all of the buses will be LFSA's.

So there is another 328-bus delivery... the numbers will probably not go after 5363 lol.

• 3 weeks later...

LFSA delivery update. Due to Flatbush needing buses now, the delivery order had changed, yet will likely be temporary.

MQ: 5253-5285, 5287-5293

LFSA delivery update. Due to Flatbush needing buses now, the delivery order had changed, yet will likely be temporary.

MQ: 5253-5285, 5287-5293

i knew it!...its just getting pushed back...until flatbush order comes which will cause everything to go back to normal...

i know so the media is late on this ... also i see nothing wrong running artics in FB cause artics usually go where the need is right?

Yeah we've known about this for a while. And he's pissed off because he probably wanted to keep that shuttle work for MaBSTOA. Why else would he show such anger towards another union member about more union members getting overtime.

Here's another one. Today, a dispatcher told me that Flatbush may not give back its artics to Quill when the new ones come in. After a full survey of the damage, and the fact that winter is fast approaching, it may now take up to a year to get the service back to the way it was. Where in the hell is Flatbush going to park all those buses?

However, what they could do is just double up on the Flatbush order when it arrives, and change some things around.

More of Quills Nova's will be going to Stegel in the coming days.

There are 30 unassigned XD60's from what I understand. If Kingsbridge does not keep all 90, signs are pointing to Quill.

Enter Kingsbridge: When they get their remaining 59 or 89 buses, the will be pushing D60HF's out, and possibly their 32 LFSA's if they want to have an all-New Flyer outfit.

With another 328 artics yet to be ordered, this will be very interesting to say the least.

Here's another one. Today, a dispatcher told me that Flatbush may not give back its artics to Quill when the new ones come in. After a full survey of the damage, and the fact that winter is fast approaching, it may now take up to a year to get the service back to the way it was. Where in the hell is Flatbush going to park all those buses?

However, what they could do is just double up on the Flatbush order when it arrives, and change some things around.

More of Quills Nova's will be going to Stegel in the coming days.

There are 30 unassigned XD60's from what I understand. If Kingsbridge does not keep all 90, signs are pointing to Quill.

Enter Kingsbridge: When they get their remaining 59 or 89 buses, the will be pushing D60HF's out, and possibly their 32 LFSA's if they want to have an all-New Flyer outfit.

With another 328 artics yet to be ordered, this will be very interesting to say the least.

Well.... shoot. Thanks for the update, sir.

Archived