MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, UTC Bus Roster said:

That completes CP's order.

Speaking of completion, Meredith had completed their order. 1599 and 1601 has been delivered. Meanwhile, 7879 has been delivered to Fresh Pond.

Edited by RSMG106

1 minute ago, The Grizzly Bear said:

And why is 8929 at Jamaica and not at Stengel?  Who is assigning these buses to the depots?  Why are they all mixed up all over the place? 

Its been happening for both newly delivered Nova diesels at Queens and the Nova hybrids in Manhattan and The Bronx. The individual buses have been spread out between the depots receiving them. It hasn’t been an issue for the new Xcelsiors in Brooklyn and the Prevost coaches.

3 minutes ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

The new Novas might as well go to JA as long as CS management refuses to run them.

Queens Village is also in the mix. For now, the MTA did a split number so, they can know the units delivered and other bus model to be moved/retired in numbers. They are spread in numbers of 20. 

13 minutes ago, R179 8258 said:

Why are they refusing the run them ? 

It sounds more like management wishes that they Novas weren't around rather than refusing to run them as the Stengel Novas have seen regular service on a consistent basis, though I doubt the sentiment is strong or existent to be an issue.

53 minutes ago, T J Trainman said:

Perhaps CS and JAM should swap  their Novas and Excelsiors…… 

It wouldn't surprise me if this happens but I don't think Jamaica should lose their xcelsiors. The LFS is the better bus but it's only flaw is the crowd control. 90% of CS routes are crowded and the XD40s do a better job at handling crowds vs the 40 foot LFS. But with the current config. of seating, crowd control should be improved on the LFS.

8 hours ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Its been happening for both newly delivered Nova diesels at Queens and the Nova hybrids in Manhattan and The Bronx. The individual buses have been spread out between the depots receiving them. It hasn’t been an issue for the new Xcelsiors in Brooklyn and the Prevost coaches.

The reason for the Bronx depots was to get rid of the O7NXGs. Both GH & KB want theirs right away instead of waiting for their consecutive order ranges. This is why what’s originally assigned to GH is now in MV. 

9 hours ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

The new Novas might as well go to JA as long as CS management refuses to run them.

8 hours ago, R179 8258 said:

Why are they refusing the run them ? 

5 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

I don't know who lied to you, but they've been running them every single day.

They literally make up almost 1/3 of CS's fleet at this point; refusing to run them is not an option. If that were the case, East NY, Grand Av, Kingbridge, and all Manhattan depots could refuse to run their remaining next gens.

In addition to the crowd control issue, stengel probably doesn't wanna maintain three different fleets; Orions, New Flyers, and now Novas all make up large quantities at the depot.

Had they given Stengel those 74 Blue Xcelsiors that Jamaica has now, this probably wouldn't be an issue.

9 hours ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

I do see the new LFS’s run on CS routes, but I still have a tendency to catch the XD40’s and Orion VII’s a lot more. When the LFS’s first arrived to CS they were hard to find the first few months. Maybe drivers are still getting use to the LFS. 

JA doesn’t have enough XD40s to give CS if a swap were to happen and I doubt anything from Brooklyn would be transferred over. However I have always wondered what the fate of CS’s XD60’s will be since they probably accumulated a lot of mileage just running on the Q44 all day everyday.