MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LGA BETTER not send a damn thing to UP. LGA is badly short as it is now. They CANNOT be any shorter. UP I would hope would send something to LGA in return.

Well guess what, UP ain't givin up no buses!!!! We actually have ALOT of buses Out of Service and this morning they were PUSHING 9388 into the depot!!! LGA is short because.....well.....you know.......it;s LGA!!! UP is short because ALOT of the buses are awaiting parts.....

Damn @ some of the issues that UP 96 Novas been having! Am I the only one getting the impression that these buses are not nearly as tough as the old GMC RTSs were? With that fire on 9099 and the stuff posted above its :eek::eek::eek:

Nothing is built like the old GMC RTS!!! These buses are really showing their age though. AS good of a bus they are, they cannot withstand what we put them through as long as the GMC did.

In my book, a bus is divided into 2 main parts.

1. Structure & Components

2. Engine & Transmission/Drive train

The original GMC's had original 8V's, and 6V's. Our generation had to settle for more fuel efficient 92ta's, and s50's. The s50 does not age as well as some of the other engines. Neither of those engines are as durable is the first DD's.

You could swap the engine out on an RTS and run that baby for 50+ years with the proper maintenance.

Yeah, this is why i gave up on chasing buses. I've been riding the B6 as often as I can this past few weeks, but no luck getting even a glimpse of it. I'm glad I never bothered trying to wait for it. Horray for the M42!

As for LGA getting another 9300... adios :( Such a terrible end for those buses.

If you want to see this bus,be at UP between 2:30-3:00.0058 will be sitting in front of the depot.

Online it said that ulmer park will get some , flatbush , qv & another depot but i forgot...

Flatbush isn't getting anything since they got 3 seperate batches of NGs, 2 of them they still have. The 3 depots at the top of the list for new buses (40' diesels) is Ulmer Park, Queens Village & Fresh Pond

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Flatbush isn't getting anything since they got 3 seperate batches of NGs, 2 of them they still have. The 3 depots at the top of the list for new buses (40' diesels) is Ulmer Park, Queens Village & Fresh Pond

You forgot Castleton/Charleston, one of those are on the list.

Oh , well then flatbush is out . Queens village dont really need anything , they take some of our rts and express buses , ive been wondering where some went & qv took it , like 9382 .

My guess is that the 8900s may be comin back to Brooklyn. That bus used to run out of ENY and WF before goin to FLA

now this is somethin cause i thought its 96'' #88, 90xx ad 91xx

89xx made its appearence to at least every brooklyn depot tats RTS except GA got rid of the 89xx since B43 is gone to a CNG

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

You're right but I wouldn't really call them "top priority". They're on the list for sure but those 3 get first dibs

As to who gets what model, I'm not sure on that

Last I heard it may be Charleston since all they have are Orion 5s...Castleton has a crapload of NGs, including 4431-4452...that batch has been all over the place. They really don't need any new buses.

You're right but I wouldn't really call them "top priority". They're on the list for sure but those 3 get first dibs

As to who gets what model, I'm not sure on that

For what it's worth, the first buses that are being delivered are the LFS. Ulmer Park are getting those, that's for sure. I don't know about the other two, but it would make sense for Charleston to receive LFS' as well since +SBS seems like a possibility for the S79 (trust me it ain't dead...no one may support it but that won't stop the MTA from implementing it) and grouping 60' LFS and 40' LFS there would be logical. I don't think Yukon can handle artics, or are even equipped to maintain them.

Edited by LRG

-9125 has a major identity crisis lol. Although its a Pond bus, the bottom half of the decal still shows ENY while the top half shows FP

-8778 looks like it may be out of commission for good this time. Its sitting in the back of Fresh Pond's lot (between the tracks) with the engine hatch wide open and most of the back missing. Its been there for about 2 weeks now. Those new buses need to hurry in fast cuz at the rate these buses are going to the maintenance bay, they'll be short by even more

For what it's worth, the first buses that are being delivered are the LFS. Ulmer Park are getting those, that's for sure. I don't know about the other two, but it would make sense for Charleston to receive LFS' as well since +SBS seems like a possibility for the S79 (trust me it ain't dead...no one may support it but that won't stop the MTA from implementing it) and grouping 60' LFS and 40' LFS there would be logical. I don't think Yukon can handle artics, or are even equipped to maintain them.

You got a point there.