MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Which buses are these? When were they ordered? I assume they have been reordered. Wouldn't 1990 have been an early 1980's TTS and then a late 1990's MCI?

1990 was the Orion V Demo. After 1990, LIB Aka MSBA got their Orion V diesels. Then we got our 1993 Orion V diesels, then it goes on, and on until 2003 when that last MTA Orion V was delivered.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calvin

• Future ENY OP

• T J Trainman

• Cait Sith

Top Posters In This Topic

Deliveries of artics. The remans and almost all of the 1986 GMCs at 126 (buses 4508-4553) were also retired because of artic deliveries.

I.I.R.C., the Remans went to West Farms when it opened with 1 or 2 going to Gun Hill. #7545 and #7548 come to mind at Gun Hill AFTER they were at West Farms. They did not retire...yet. Those remans along with a "cast of characters" were at West Farms when it opened.

Also, I can recall a few of those 4500s being at Manhattanville and Quill before retiring as well.

I went in east new York base shops today & 8060 is there . I guess It's being worked on , I guess it will go to QV Soon . A friend of mine Brought me inside since he was working security there today . Sorry i couldnt take any pictures ...... It was only one there .

Edited by ciboii22

I find this move strange, aren't the 9800-9900s about the same as the 700s? Why not just leave the SC buses where they are?

Not really most of the 700s were built in 1998, only 751 is built in 1999 as the rest of the 9800s and lower 9900s. The first batch of buses that will most likely go down will be the 700s and a good chunk of the 7200s,8500s and the upper 9900s.

I find this move strange, aren't the 9800-9900s about the same as the 700s? Why not just leave the SC buses where they are?

I would think to make room for the incoming C40LF order, possibly turning SC into what MV has turned into in terms of fleet age and fleet itself.

I'm wondering when the '97-8 Novas will start to be handed down to MTAB. (They could probably start by replacing the former Bee-Line Orions, and then of course all the '95-7 Novas that have already been dispersed).

I guess when more of the new stuff coming in takes root?

I'm wondering when the '97-8 Novas will start to be handed down to MTAB. (They could probably start by replacing the former Bee-Line Orions, and then of course all the '95-7 Novas that have already been dispersed).

I guess when more of the new stuff coming in takes root?

It would not surprise me if 9350-9699 series did start heading ot MTA Bus within the next few years. Right now, there are roughly 500 of the 8750-9349 series buses left. So those would replace the ex-Bee Line Orions.

Oh and speaking of those 8750-9349 series buses...thanks to "TJ Trainman", the following is now at LaGuardia:

8810, 8875, 8881, 9002, 9026 and 9073

These buses have arrived at LaGuardia Depot for service. Again, thank "TJ Trainman" who informed me of this.

9635 is at Flatbush! I rode it on the B44 today.

I seen 9696 on Hillside Ave, yea I already know that one is known to be there but it still has FLA stickers on it, yesterday I seen two loaners in QV turf, a MTV OG hybrid and 5000 series RTS, I hope FLA gets 9696 back!

Also 4999 is repainted.

It would not surprise me if 9350-9699 series did start heading ot MTA Bus within the next few years. Right now, there are roughly 500 of the 8750-9349 series buses left. So those would replace the ex-Bee Line Orions.

Oh and speaking of those 8750-9349 series buses...thanks to "TJ Trainman", the following is now at LaGuardia:

8810, 8875, 8881, 9002, 9026 and 9073

These buses have arrived at LaGuardia Depot for service. Again, thank "TJ Trainman" who informed me of this.

8875?! Damn, that sucks.