MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/31/2021 at 1:50 AM, EastFlatbushLarry said:

a few things (barring any further changes) 

so, hunnit street gets new units for the m31 (which moves those 39xx's lord knows where)... while MV gets it's entire fleet replaced in one shot (give or take... I'm not sure that's an accurate assumption/assessment) so before the 'how come Manhattanville never gets new buses?' bs starts again... THIS is why. OF's allotment increased by 8. so, no xde40's for CS... they'll get strictly diesel novas instead. no LFS diesels for East NY, redistributed between JA & CS. .. I'm slightly disappointed. would've been nice to see those on the B14/17 or B45/65. am i missing something as to the reason why SC will receive 10 less units?

I'll reserve further judgment, as nothing is set in stone with these deliveries. 

No Novas for ENY, I'm just a bit disappointed as well.....

16 minutes ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

That's 291 buses. Why couldn't the numbering have started at 9701?

I'm wondering why neither the XDE40 nor the LFS HEV Hybrids started at 9000. The next LFS order ends at 8963 - Maybe they'll be another order after that goes into the 9000s.

On 3/31/2021 at 12:31 AM, The Real said:

MAJOR changes in New NYMTA Bus Deliveries...

2021 Nova LFS HEV #9620-9910
Tuskegee 20 (will be first), Kingsbridge 25, Manhattanville 226, Gun Hill 20

2021 New Flyer XDE40 #9510-9619, 9416-9499
Hale 68 (will be first), Quill 92, ENY 25, Grand 25

2021-22 Nova LFS Diesel #8755-8963
Jamaica 60 (will be first), Stengel 79, Queens Village 50, Castleton 20

2021-22 New Flyer XD40 #7851-7989
Fresh Pond 39 (will be first), ENY 40, Flatbush 40, Ulmer Park 20

2021-22 Prevost X3-45 #1300-1628
College Point 82, Eastchester 48, Meredith 50, Far Rockaway 23, Yonkers 39, Spring Creek 25, Bailey Park 8, LaGuardia 22

As always, Subject to Change (as this is the 3rd change)

Does this mean they will start to retire NextGens too? There will be a total of 833 new buses and only 500 OGs. Unless they want a large fleet expansion, other buses may retire as well.

8 minutes ago, happy283 said:

Does this mean they will start to retire NextGens too? There will be a total of 833 new buses and only 500 OGs. Unless they want a large fleet expansion, other buses may retire as well.

At this point, there are closer to 400 OGs left in the system than 500. Some Next Gens will retire. The ones that don't retire will be sent to MTA Bus. 

38 minutes ago, 1train2255railfan said:

At this point, there are closer to 400 OGs left in the system than 500. Some Next Gens will retire. The ones that don't retire will be sent to MTA Bus. 

Basically, the 40 Foot buses at MTA BUS Depots will be all NG Hybrids and the few 2015 XD40s that are already at LaGuardia Depot and C40LFs at College Point and Spring Creek?

Edited by Snorunts

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

Those 44xx buses gotta get out of Queens into Brooklyn/Manhattan 

If anything, they will stay in Queens. It seems like Bronx and Manhattan are planning on pushing out all NG Hybrids. Most of them are probably also leaving Brooklyn, but they will probably keep a small amount of them.

I'm honestly surprised Queens Village has been giving NG Hybrids to Casey Stengel and Michael J. Quill (4123, 4128, 4132, 4467) when they have the largest amount of NYCT 07 Hybrids.

1 hour ago, Snorunts said:

If anything, they will stay in Queens. It seems like Bronx and Manhattan are planning on pushing out all NG Hybrids. Most of them are probably also leaving Brooklyn, but they will probably keep a small amount of them.

I'm honestly surprised Queens Village has been giving NG Hybrids to Casey Stengel and Michael J. Quill (4123, 4128, 4132, 4467) when they have the largest amount of NYCT 07 Hybrids.

Brooklyn,  would definitely  be pushing out Next Gens because  they are getting a somewhat good amount of the 2021 XD40's ENY,FP, FB and GA I could see push then out now GA could push out the rest since they getting 25 XDE's unless they push out those 2015 XD40's. ENY would push out the 20 plus Next Gens when they get the 25 XDE's and that would leave them with a few left until they get the newer order of XD40's and they would push out more or whatever they can. FB can push out 40 plus of Next Gens and then have some left and then FP can push them out 39 Next gens since that the amount they would get from the new XD40 orders and then they would have some left ass well, and then from there it would be some Next Gens roaming Brooklyn. Manhattan  I could still see having Next Gens roaming as well especially  from MHV and Quill because they got some 2009/2010 Models and I think only a handful would stay around just depending  on if it's  enough from the new bus orders to push them out, I already know the 2008 Models are definitely  leaving so yeah but that's  just my belief I could be wrong, it's the same with CS not all Next gens would get pushed out only the handful from the amount of Novas they get would or should be the amount of Next gens that leave. Bronx Idk I heard KB would keep some as spares and then GH would push all there's out.

Edited by Ultimategamer12c

11 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

Brooklyn,  would definitely  be pushing out Next Gens because  they are getting a somewhat good amount of the 2021 XD40's ENY,FP, FB and GA I could see push then out now GA could push out the rest since they getting 25 XDE's unless they push out those 2015 XD40's. ENY would push out the 20 plus Next Gens when they get the 25 XDE's and that would leave them with a few left until they get the newer order of XD40's and they would push out more or whatever they can. FB can push out 40 plus of Next Gens and then have some left and then FP can push them out 39 Next gens since that the amount they would get from the new XD40 orders and then they would have some left ass well, and then from there it would be some Next Gens roaming Brooklyn. Manhattan  I could still see having Next Gens roaming as well especially  from MHV and Quill because they got some 2009/2010 Models and I think only a handful would stay around just depending  on if it's  enough from the new bus orders to push them out, I already know the 2008 Models are definitely  leaving so yeah but that's  just my belief I could be wrong, it's the same with CS not all Next gens would get pushed out only the handful from the amount of Novas they get would or should be the amount of Next gens that leave. Bronx Idk I heard KB would keep some as spares and then GH would push all there's out.

I could see Bronx and Manhattan pushing all NG Hybrids out, even though they're getting a few less new buses than the amount of buses they already have. 
As for Queens, QV is getting just the right amount of new LFS units to retire all 2007 Hybrids, but they would still be left with their NG Hybrids. However, Jamaica is also receiving buses from the new LFS order, so they could easily displace older LFS buses to Queens Village to push out their remaining NG Hybrids. Jamaica could also supplement GH/KB if they are a little short, as you stated.

Brooklyn: Grand Avenue and East New York should be getting enough buses to push out all of their NG Hybrids. If not, Ulmer Park is getting 020 of the new XD40s, so they can send over some buses if needed. Flatbush is supposedly receiving 040 XD40s, which would leave them with a remainder of ~025 NG Hybrids, which Ulmer Park could help displace. I think the only NYCT depot that will still have a good amount of NG Hybrids after the new buses are delivered will be Fresh Pond.

This is just a prediction btw.

2 hours ago, Snorunts said:

I could see Bronx and Manhattan pushing all NG Hybrids out, even though they're getting a few less new buses than the amount of buses they already have. 
As for Queens, QV is getting just the right amount of new LFS units to retire all 2007 Hybrids, but they would still be left with their NG Hybrids. However, Jamaica is also receiving buses from the new LFS order, so they could easily displace older LFS buses to Queens Village to push out their remaining NG Hybrids. Jamaica could also supplement GH/KB if they are a little short, as you stated.

Brooklyn: Grand Avenue and East New York should be getting enough buses to push out all of their NG Hybrids. If not, Ulmer Park is getting 020 of the new XD40s, so they can send over some buses if needed. Flatbush is supposedly receiving 040 XD40s, which would leave them with a remainder of ~025 NG Hybrids, which Ulmer Park could help displace. I think the only NYCT depot that will still have a good amount of NG Hybrids after the new buses are delivered will be Fresh Pond.

This is just a prediction btw.

2 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

Can we PLEASE move theses conversations to the RANDOM THOUGHTS thread! BUS MOVES AND TRANSFERS ONLY!!!