MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Snorunts said:

I also think that they will all be retired from MV before September, but MTA tends to hold onto one or two of a retiring model long after the rest of the batch has been sent to scrap.

E.g. 5204-06 from FP, 7664 & 7670 from SC, 7674 from JG, 185, 7815-19 from WF, the last few RTS-06 units from GA, and two 2005 OG Hybrids from JFK.

There was also a 64XX that stood for like 2-3 more months outta QV. I forgot the number however.

5 hours ago, NBTA said:

There was also a 64XX that stood for like 2-3 more months outta QV. I forgot the number however.

I think 6432 was the last of the 2004 Orion Hybrids to retire. However I think there was also another unit that remained in service with 6432. It might have been 6473. 

6 hours ago, Snorunts said:

And currently, we have the lone 2910 at CP. Idk why MTA does this lol.

Although this unit is near to being retired, MTA Bus at CP kept this one as a spare from what I remember due to teething issues on one of the new Prevost units (from their assigned depot). It may also be the fact that 1301 is missing from the delivery. 

Looking at Manhattanville's list, they'll probably hold on to at least 5-10 old gen units to see if there's problems that needs fixing on the new Novas. If not, they'll be retired (etc)

Edited by Calvin

16 hours ago, Calvin said:

Although this unit is near to being retired, MTA Bus at CP kept this one as a spare from what I remember due to teething issues on one of the new Prevost units (from their assigned depot). It may also be the fact that 1301 is missing from the delivery. 

Looking at Manhattanville's list, they'll probably hold on to at least 5-10 old gen units to see if there's problems that needs fixing on the new Novas. If not, they'll be retired (etc)

Bus deliveries and you’re right about the second bus deliveries. They’re are usually the last ones being delivered due to modifications done to a specific bus. 

13 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Ain’t that a Kingsbridge bus?

Yes.

41 minutes ago, Railfanner Mario said:

Wf has been using kb/GH buses for a while now since they are currently giving maintenance to their current assignment  buses 

Ah okay.