MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF! I just saw that bus on our tracks at Flatbush on Monday! smfh

I bet this is a LOAN and not a DIRECT SWAP... cuz most of CASTELTON's NG's are at YUKON & FRESH POND. They have NO NG's to spare. Unless CAS is sending a O5 to FB, than I see this as a LOAN.

Edited by Future ENY OP

You mean LaGuardia aged them single-handedly! Most of BP ex-BL O-5's are a year older than the ones at LGA. LGA's maintenance was always piss-poor! When Triboro was taken over by MTA, they had over 70 buses O/S out of a fleet of about 240 buses. That's almost 1/3 of their fleet! LGA should NEVER get ANY new buses!! Just look at what they did to the ex-BL buses! Those buses were in excellent condition when they were purchased by the MTA. Rememeber, the ex-BL buses weren't usually in stop-and-go traffic like all of the MTA buses are. It's sad to see those ex-BL buses being destroyed by LGA's piss-poor maintenance!!!

How are the NGs holding up over there?

4581 @ castleton.

Whaaat? Hem, does it have to do with the recall? Otherwise is SI going to take some of FB's NGs to 'balance out' the fleet age?

Today, LRG and I spotted 4605 near the Staten Island Mall around 4PM this afternoon. It's unknown which depot the bus is in.

damn.... this is a big surprise. Edited by Grand Concourse

WTF! I just saw that bus on our tracks at Flatbush on Monday! smfh

Flatbush NG's on Staten Island? How come? Have any pictures of 4581 or 4605?

I bet this is a LOAN and not a DIRECT SWAP... cuz most of CASTELTON's NG's are at YUKON & FRESH POND. They have NO NG's to spare. Unless CAS is sending a O5 to FB, than I see this as a LOAN.

Whaaat? Hem, does it have to do with the recall? Otherwise is SI going to take some of FB's NGs to 'balance out' the fleet age?

Tada....

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

As you can tell, Castleton Decals are slapped on it

OH Hell no! Damn, looks like FB is gonna lose some NGs then... Why couldn't it have been the 4200s at least?

Because Castleton JUST LOST the 4200s! LOL! This seems temporary, Yukon/Charleston must've sent some NGs up North and Castleton must've sent some Orion Vs to fill the gap.

Because Castleton JUST LOST the 4200s! LOL! This seems temporary, Yukon/Charleston must've sent some NGs up North and Castleton must've sent some Orion Vs to fill the gap.

So? Lol. FB has been getting a bunch of 9600s lately and I wouldn't be surprised eventually the higher 9600s gets sent out somewhere. I don't understand this merry go round moves. Things would've been much simpler if they limited the moves to fewer depots. Edited by Grand Concourse

Don't know what's going on but I was informed that 5077 is @ Flatbush , a driver told me this this morning .

5077 is at Ulmer Park. I saw it myself on Avenue J on the B6LTD this morning.

... unless it was moved upon pulling into UP after it's run.

I'll see if it's around maintenance area when I go in later.

Edited by Acela Express

Good god, you guys are getting junk!

4200s for the 4500s? Not a fair trade at all.

LOL, those buses will run good at FB with the good maintenance at the garage.

Yeah, but it means they have to fix up crap (from another depot) and using up their budget. I'm getting sick of seeing shit buses being dumped here. I can't wait for when the arctics come, no more crap from other depots to deal with. Edited by Grand Concourse

8859 from ENY to Flatbush

Say what? This has to be cause of the NG recall, otherwise, I got no clue what's happening. FB, which just sent a bunch of its 8800s to other depots to get rid of them is geting another one from the depot that usually acts as the dumping ground?