MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4897 was missing, though....98 was there for a long time.....not 97!

97 was there for about a week or so my friend called me & told me he saw it so its been there for a while now , well according to him . I dont do staten island lines so I wouldnt know if its true or not .

Who's we?

Lol

Although I think the 9300s are shit, I think this is one of the most 'even' fleet FB has had. All buses being about the same age instead of having extremely old and extremely new. I kinda like it. I also exptected the oldest to be moved out mainly to MTA bus, but being somewhere in Queens, isn't too far off. I do like the idea of even more of the 9600s being consolidated over at FB.

3760, 3761 on the Q-22, and 3762 on the Q-21 are now at the FR depot. 3157 FR. 3175 at JFK. Lastly, 9134 now at ENY with ENY stickers. smh.

9134 at ENY, 3157 at FR and 3175 at JFK happened a very long time ago dude!

Edited by Vintage Soul

Does anybody know what's holding up New Flyer XD40 #4812 & Orion VII 3G #7001 from being delivered to QV as of yet?

4812 ... @ Service Center

7001 ... On the property @ Zerega

4899 ... Rumored to be coming in a different engine

I hope the MTA does order more XD40s. I like the buses inside and out. Nova lfs (bad interior layout) and the O7 3G (boring with all the NGs around) are one or the other.

Why does the left overs always have to go to MTA bus LGA, JFK, and BP deserve new and better buses those 95-96's orions are older than the 9300's and are in bad condition.

Those OG O7s were brand new and LGA got some NGs. So it's not like they never have anything new. But aside from the 9300s (that had the suburban seats), some of the older RTS they got weren't totally horrible.

I still think even the older RTSs are better than the O5s those depots have.

Edited by Grand Concourse

I hope the MTA does order more XD40s. I like the buses inside and out. Nova lfs (bad interior layout) and the O7 3G (boring with all the NGs around) are one or the other.

Those OG O7s were brand new and LGA got some NGs. So it's not like they never have anything new. But aside from the 9300s (that had the suburban seats), some of the older RTS they got weren't totally horrible.

I still think even the older RTSs are better than the O5s those depots have.

I'm more of a LFS man, myself.

I don't see LGA ever gettimg any new buses. Their maintenance is the worst in all of MTA! That's why they get the "hand-me-downs" because they'd ruin any new buses! When Triboro was taken over by MTA Bus, they had a fleet of around 240 buses with over 70 if those buses being out of service. Their maintenance hasn't really improved that much since the takeover. See my point???