MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Well i hope the more RTS that comes in the more they push the ex bl out. The yard dispatch knows if he dont have any hybrids left he will always give me a RTS cause they know i hate those ex bl, i think the NYCT orion is better. But i think once FB get those artics LGA will be getting the rest of the RTS. JFK/BP will be getting artics soon unless the 07 from SC comes over when SC complete the CNG orders.

According to the order sheet:

FB is not due for artics until Feb 2013 at the earliest, latest Mar 2013* (Subject to change) as PER TTMG roster.

SC is due 4 07CNG's either in Mid-May or early June. (Don't expect too much movement with that), that's b/c the balance of the order will be delivered during the 3rd quarter/early 4th quarter.

JFK/BP are far away from getting any artics. Let's try another 2 years.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No isn't those 4 test Orion 3G CNG's going to be split between SC and CP. 2 each. It doesnt't make sence to give 1 depot all the test buses and the other gets none.

I believe you are right about that.. but I hope ENY could possibly shed some more light. But, it should be (2) for SC and (2) for CP..

Since Someone Deleted The Overhaul thread i made ...... 5112 is over hauled , it was brought in this evening . Got some pictures of that & 5121 is still out of service for the past 2 months due to a fire .

No one deleted your thread; no one's just responding to it.

http://nyctransitfor...ta-bus-company/

Well i hope the more RTS that comes in the more they push the ex bl out. The yard dispatch knows if he dont have any hybrids left he will always give me a RTS cause they know i hate those ex bl, i think the NYCT orion is better. But i think once FB get those artics LGA will be getting the rest of the RTS. JFK/BP will be getting artics soon unless the 07 from SC comes over when SC complete the CNG orders.

Man your crazy haha I'll take an Orion V over an RTS any day!! lol

@ youngblaze I think the NYCTA orions are in better shape then the ex bee lines, if you had the ex bee lines you would know what I'm talking about, the only thing I like about the ex bees is the mirrors and the leg room vs the RTS. But other then that RTS all day especially if its a good working bus.

@ youngblaze I think the NYCTA orions are in better shape then the ex bee lines, if you had the ex bee lines you would know what I'm talking about, the only thing I like about the ex bees is the mirrors and the leg room vs the RTS. But other then that RTS all day especially if its a good working bus.

What's sad is that the Bee-Line Orion Vs were in like-new condition when they were handed over to the MTA. No rust, straight bodies, everything working. In less than 6 months, the MTA aged the buses 3-4 years. Holes in the body panels, rusting, body cracks...

Edited by Vintage Soul

What's sad is that the Bee-Line Orion Vs were in like-new condition when they were handed over to the MTA. No rust, straight bodies, everything working. In less than 6 months, the MTA aged the buses 3-4 years. Holes in the body panels, rusting, body cracks...

Bingo the ex bees are in bad shape, every time i kneel the bus back then pull off it seems like the bus is riding low and lets just say when i go over a pot hole lets just say you know the outcome lol. Alot of rust holes and ect on the ex bee, the rts are in much better shape then the ex bees lol.

Those buses were thrown right into the fire. Maybe if they were sent to MJQ or depot that takes care of their buses, they wouldn't be so beaten up. I don't care how much ppl say LGA improved, that place is the new SI in terms of soddy maintenance. They chew up buses like gum. As bad as the 9300s were at UP, there's no reason why any of them should've been sent to ECH for scrap.

Those buses were thrown right into the fire. Maybe if they were sent to MJQ or depot that takes care of their buses, they wouldn't be so beaten up. I don't care how much ppl say LGA improved, that place is the new SI in terms of soddy maintenance. They chew up buses like gum. As bad as the 9300s were at UP, there's no reason why any of them should've been sent to ECH for scrap.

This is true, I've seen buses that were in decent to great shape end up at LG and in less than 3 months look like they're at EOL. Those Bee Line Orion Vs were PERFECT when they came to BP and LG. The BP units are in far better shape than the units at LG.

But you know what they say Grand, Old habbits die hard....and there is still very much a Triboro Coach feel at LG in terms of care of equipment.

It's just sad seeing buses given TLC by one place and seeing another place 'rip them apart'. I've always mused that the ex-BL's could've been sent to JFK to push out their O5s and let LGA do whatever to those O5s. The 5900s, they suck, no power, interior all ripped up, no one would miss them if they were gone.

I rode an ex-BL 114 on the Q53 and I have to say, that bus ran pretty fine. I dunno how the others are doing, but chances are, I won't be surprised they aren't fairing any better.

I forgot about the 8400 RTSs, but were some of them sent to LGA? I remember they were fairly good for FB the way the 8600s were for MJQ. All I remember was the 8400s didn't last very long before all being phased out.

Edited by Grand Concourse

You mean LaGuardia aged them single-handedly! Most of BP ex-BL O-5's are a year older than the ones at LGA. LGA's maintenance was always piss-poor! When Triboro was taken over by MTA, they had over 70 buses O/S out of a fleet of about 240 buses. That's almost 1/3 of their fleet! LGA should NEVER get ANY new buses!! Just look at what they did to the ex-BL buses! Those buses were in excellent condition when they were purchased by the MTA. Rememeber, the ex-BL buses weren't usually in stop-and-go traffic like all of the MTA buses are. It's sad to see those ex-BL buses being destroyed by LGA's piss-poor maintenance!!!

Edited by UTC Bus Roster

You mean LaGuardia aged them single-handedly! Most of BP ex-BL O-5's are a year older than the ones at LGA. LGA's maintenance was always piss-poor! When Triboro was taken over by MTA, they had over 70 buses O/S out of a fleet of about 240 buses. That's almost 1/3 of their fleet! LGA should NEVER get ANY new buses!! Just look at what they did to the ex-BL buses! Those buses were in excellent condition when they were purchased by the MTA. Rememeber, the ex-BL buses weren't usually in stop-and-go traffic like all of the MTA buses are. It's sad to see those ex-BL buses being destroyed by LGA's piss-poor maintenance!!!

Edited by UTC Bus Roster

I can tell you guys now that LGA lately have been keeping up with buses not being put O/S due to the fact that TA and the GS is on top of the maintenance a*#. The only reason why those buses is the way they are is because ex pbl guys, they have real bad habits and i think they do it on purpose due to the fact that they dont like MTA which they will let you know to your face lol. Those ex pbl need to realize tyat its not going back private and need to get over it and get use to the damn system already.They complain about ever thing, all of the ppl that came from mta all look at each other and be like what the hell is the big deal. But LGA do keep up with the hybrids and 07 also IMO they keep up with the RTS. My guess is they really dont care for the ex bee buses.

I gotta agree with you on that, I did my qualification training out of LGA and sheesh even the supt. was like this place is a joke lol

but yes... back on topic

I believe I saw 5786 (or 5784) from KB on the Bx15 on Monday night.

Edited by youngblaze

Ok let me ask you guys 2: questions here: How many Bee Line O-5s did LGA kill? Answer 2. Now, How many Bee Line O-5s did BP kiill? Answer 5. I don't recall what reasons why BP killed 5 of their "better shape" or newer O-5s. For those who think LGA maint is "piss poor" Its gotten better. GET OVER IT!!!!!

Ok let me ask you guys 2: questions here: How many Bee Line O-5s did LGA kill? Answer 2. Now, How many Bee Line O-5s did BP kiill? Answer 5. I don't recall what reasons why BP killed 5 of their "better shape" or newer O-5s. For those who think LGA maint is "piss poor" Its gotten better. GET OVER IT!!!!!

No the point is the MTA should of never brought those O5's anyway and knowing that LGA doesn't really do good with O5, they would of been better sending them to ECH for the BX23 and Q50 and have those RTS's go to LGA and those BP ones should of only been used for the short routes like the Q110 and Q112

Kick that bone to another dog. The overall general quality of buses out of LG compared to its sister garages is bare bottom! Look at every MTAB depot's fleet compared to LG's. Even JFK got its act together almost immediately following its take over and JFK/Green Lines was the worst of the worst with Triboro. It is what it is...I understand that its your "home" depot, but whats rolling around on the street is proof of the pudding. Maybe if the drivers and folks that are holding onto their PBL ways and PBL days would just conform and be happy that they even HAVE a job because they could've EASILY ended up like the LIB guys, then maybe the quality of the product coming out of that depot will improve GREATLY but until then...

Edited by Vintage Soul