MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9085 and 9332 are now at the QV depot.

What I don't get is why they're sending old RTSes to QV when that depot has been plagued by A/C problems during the summer with its old fleet, and only recently got rid of all the 1996s. Doesn't make sense to me, and it annoys me for ENY to lose any RTSes...any chance these are loaners due to the OG overhauls?

What I don't get is why they're sending old RTSes to QV when that depot has been plagued by A/C problems during the summer with its old fleet, and only recently got rid of all the 1996s. Doesn't make sense to me, and it annoys me for ENY to lose any RTSes...any chance these are loaners due to the OG overhauls?

When the School years ends QV most likely won't need those 96 RTSs, as there's no school trippers, lower ridership etc, I know one summer the 8600 RTS @ ENY was stored under the (M) train EL @ Fresh Pond Depot until September.

What type of work is being done with both buses that can't be done at their respective garages? :mellow:

I don't know whats being done but i can try to find out . It must be work or a part that their respective garage cant do or they dont have the part . So im guessing ulmer park has the part & can do the job so 4872 was brought in , i got a picture of the shifter bringing it to ulmer park on bay parkway , it messed me up too all i saw was a xcelsior with a castleton sticker & i didnt pay no mind to the # until 2 blocks away and it was 4872 & 2447 was on the lift inside .

Yeah i don't get it also they had about 60-70 1996 RTS's and now they are gaining them back. They might as well kept them there.

If fleet age is a concern here then it's not all that bad. As long as QV only a small amount of '96 RTS then the overall fleet age isn't all that old as long as we less 15+year old buses. The question I have is whether these had corresponding QV stickers or not. They could be loaners to make way for the OG's to have their GOH's and/or because they lost another 96XX (which I think is a possiblity also).

When the School years ends QV most likely won't need those 96 RTSs, as there's no school trippers, lower ridership etc, I know one summer the 8600 RTS @ ENY was stored under the (M) train EL @ Fresh Pond Depot until September.

I think such a occurence of a move is possible too. It would better the age of the fleet if QV is down to having 1997-1998 RTS left to being the eldest fleet. Then again they may also lose a short few of those RTS from that year batch as well. We'll see when the time comes.

Jackie Gleason now has 320-329, 331, 340, 350, 351 is somewhere in BK

And do to a frame issue of the on one of the 300 series buses, the order has been delayed untill New Flyer fixes the issue, which should be resolved in short order.

What are you talking about a frame issue ? And you have the wrong bus #'s , they got 320-339 , 350-352 & 360 . More just came in last night .

Jackie Gleason now has 320-329, 331, 340, 350, 351 is somewhere in BK

And do to a frame issue of the on one of the 300 series buses, the order has been delayed untill New Flyer fixes the issue, which should be resolved in short order.

Thats the NEW order.....

What are you talking about a frame issue ? And you have the wrong bus #'s , they got 320-339 , 350-352 & 360 . More just came in last night .

2ilg7et.jpg

Edited by Cait Sith

I don't know whats being done but i can try to find out . It must be work or a part that their respective garage cant do or they dont have the part . So im guessing ulmer park has the part & can do the job so 4872 was brought in , i got a picture of the shifter bringing it to ulmer park on bay parkway , it messed me up too all i saw was a xcelsior with a castleton sticker & i didnt pay no mind to the # until 2 blocks away and it was 4872 & 2447 was on the lift inside .

2447 is back at YUK. Spotted on detour on Park Avenue South today/