MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A friend of mine said he saw 8750 on the Q67, which means its at LGA...wasn't that bus retired?

Naw , 8750 went to ech and now its at lga . It been at lga for about 1 month already , that bus will be retired soon though . The way they handle stuff over there .

Shouldn't have any problems? These 9600s are 13 years old, I wouldn't be surprised if 9666 was @ ECH.

Well I guess maybe it's FB, but the 9600s here are fairly reliable [aside from the chair lifts]. Dunno what it's like for other depots and their 9600s. 8400s also ran fairly well till they were all removed from FB due to the delivieries of the #3900 [or was it 4200?, I don't remember anymore] series NGs.

3966,3970,3971,3981 Cast to Fresh Pond Saturday 4/2

I seen 3966 parked in front of Fresh Pond about a hour ago, weird seeing a CAS bus in that area (It still has CAS stickers on it) I told myself I wasn't gonna foam about this but when I first saw it, I did. :D:o

Gonna miss those 1996 RTSs, that's one thing I liked about FP, lots and lots of RTSs with a OG here and there to keep it from being stale, oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

so when NGs arrive Fresh Pond, do they throw out 87xx, 88xx 89xx, 90xx, 91xx RTS's and send them to MTA BUS?

Well the first ones to go would be 8752 & 8753 since those are the oldest we got (and the 2nd and 3rd oldest buses in the fleet)

Is the B38 in Grand Av Depot for extra trips besides Fresh Pond which always runs?

The B38 branch that goes to Metropolitan Av/Starr St is with Grand Av

The B38 branch that goes to Catalpa Av/Seneca Av (including the limited trips) are with Fresh Pond