MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

It's only the beginning. Soon the original BT&E buses will be sent all over system wide with no constancy whatsoever. Only then will the foamers be forced to search for them the old school way.

Or it could be wishful thinking on my part.

This isn't really a swap either. I'm not sure what the story is.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't really a swap either. I'm not sure what the story is.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk

Well truthfully there isn't really much reasoning outside of consistency to keep the fleet together anymore. Case in point, the large number of Orion V's scattered between Staten Island and The Bronx is a good example. It's almost as stuff is being moved haphazardly, not that I personally mind it.

Well truthfully there isn't really much reasoning outside of consistency to keep the fleet together anymore. Case in point, the large number of Orion V's scattered between Staten Island and The Bronx is a good example. It's almost as stuff is being moved haphazardly, not that I personally mind it.

Well, I'm thinking the assignment of the Orion VII 3G's will be done the same way as the other BT&E buses with them being on a select borough with the buses being split between two of the selected borough depots. Queens and Brooklyn are already doing this:

XD40's split between ENY & UP

LFS's split between QV & JAM

So it'll look like the 3G's being split between Castleton & Charleston. That's just my guess.

It's only the beginning. Soon the original BT&E buses will be sent all over system wide with no constancy whatsoever. Only then will the foamers be forced to search for them the old school way.

Or it could be wishful thinking on my part.

So far the splits (if it really is for SI) is confined to the individual boroughs. I think UP got back the 2 xd40s that were at MJQ. So I don't think there's any worry about them being spread out again. Now if only the MTA hurries it up on ordering the new 40' buses. Been too long waiting for the mta to choose the company. I only hope for the xd40 over the novas mainly for the seating arrangement. If there's going to be someone else besides nova and NF, then I'd hope their design is similar to the NF's interior.

Also what's the news on that byd? bus.

So far the splits (if it really is for SI) is confined to the individual boroughs. I think UP got back the 2 xd40s that were at MJQ. So I don't think there's any worry about them being spread out again. Now if only the MTA hurries it up on ordering the new 40' buses. Been too long waiting for the mta to choose the company. I only hope for the xd40 over the novas mainly for the seating arrangement. If there's going to be someone else besides nova and NF, then I'd hope their design is similar to the NF's interior.

The BYD bus left weeks ago.

UP got back those XD's months ago, they seem to have chose both companies, BYD left weeks ago as Kingsbridge said. And the roster has been updated to reflect the SI swap - that may be a loan, but it seems like it will be there for more than a week. Also I kept the 9070-9072 dilemma the way it was. 9070 in ENY, 9071 in LGA, 9072 in JFK.

Edited by Rick44

I will have to relook into the 9071 issue - as I was in Queens yesterday on the Q4, I had seen a bus on Linden Blvd passing by with an LGA sticker. I didn't catch the number - and didn't see if it was in service. If anyone (or I) catch 9071 on a JA route, please try and capture a pic.

Well, I'm thinking the assignment of the Orion VII 3G's will be done the same way as the other BT&E buses with them being on a select borough with the buses being split between two of the selected borough depots. Queens and Brooklyn are already doing this:

XD40's split between ENY & UP

LFS's split between QV & JAM

So it'll look like the 3G's being split between Castleton & Charleston. That's just my guess.

Perhaps it could be that simple, but no one really knows...

At this point they should at least be finishing up. We're entering 2014 and aside from the 270 buses originally received there has been nothing new at all.

Man, it's starting to get interesting, not.

But seriously, it's probably milage based more likely than not.

Doubt it, when you look at it, mileage issues aren't that much of a factor in Staten Island especially since all 3 local depots have routes that are super long in mileage.

7054 BACK at Castleton on the S46.

EDIT

7055 BACK at Castleton on the S53

Edited by Cait Sith

6000 on the B13. Saw it driving around with my friend in bushiwck today.

Nah. Just passed by 6000 on the M100 a couple of minutes ago. If the sign is bright green, its not 6000.

And here's the roster link for those interested

http://openbveconnect.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=MTA_Regional_Bus_Roster