MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing: The Q53 is a split route as of this pick, as its at LGA on weekends only

Also, 3238 at JFK with 3117 at SC

The Q53 is only at LGA on the weekends I thought it was only a few runs on weekday during rush hour and some on the weekend. This is interesting. Now the only reason why the Q53 went to CP and the Q19 to LGA was because they were expanding right?

The Q53 is only at LGA on the weekends I thought it was only a few runs on weekday during rush hour and some on the weekend. This is interesting. Now the only reason why the Q53 went to CP and the Q19 to LGA was because they were expanding right?

Yes, but it's the summer and people head to the beach. Or at least that's what I've read regarding those weekend runs.

One thing: The Q53 is a split route as of this pick, as its at LGA on weekends only

Also, 3238 at JFK with 3117 at SC

Not fully at LGA, it's only split during the weekends. It's fully CP during the weekdays.

Yes, but it's the summer and people head to the beach.

Precisely. Every summer, they always add runs to the Q53.

Edited by Cait Sith

So LGA was expanding then. I heard that LGA would get Articulated buses for the Q53. I don't like that idea that much I rather LGA take back some express routes and CP gets the artics since they have more busier routes. But who knows all depots might be artic bus ready in the near future.

Im getting real tired of seeing and posting this. The shortage at LGA continues......615 on the Q-49.

Over a year since CP started loaning buses, almost a full year (two days short) to this day that the New Flyers started appearing at LGA.

I thought they are, both there are Q53 runs on the LGA sheet. I saw one of them (one of the LGA runs) with a CP bus.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything considering the shortage problem at LGA. It could be LGA ops going to CP for buses.

Edited by Cait Sith

With LGA being short they should not get the Q53 back at all. They can't really help that though because the depot itself is small and almost half the fleet is 1996 RTS. I thought CP wasn't going to Ioan anymore buses to LGA once they got the Q53 but they still are. That's tells you how good CP is and they must have so many spare buses.