MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've posted on this in the past... Before my hiatus

But like I said before Q114 is coming soon

"Converted bus route could help struggling commuters in Rosedale

Relief may be coming to some Rosedale and Far Rockaway straphangers who have spent years suffering through long and crowded commutes.

The MTA wants to create a new, limited-stop bus line — the Q114 — to connect subway riders in Jamaica to those far-flung Queens neighborhoods.

"We have the worst commute," said City Councilman Donovan Richards (D-Far Rockaway). "You can almost get to Florida by plane faster than you can get to Manhattan."

Changes could come as early as Aug. 31 if all goes smoothly at a hearing planned for next Monday at the MTA’s headquarters in Manhattan.

Bus riders currently use the Q111 and the Q113, which has a local and a limited-stop line from Guy R. Brewer Blvd. into Far Rockaway.

The new Q114 route would replace the Q113 local with fewer stops between Jamaica and Rosedale to help hasten the trip.

"It takes me two hours to get to work and two hours to get home," said Jacqueline Campbell, a Rosedale Civic Association member who commutes from Rosedale to Manhattan. She sent the MTA a petition from "fed-up" commuters in May..

"The buses are not just crowded — there are just not enough buses going to Rosedale," she said.

Campbell said the proposed changes will ease some of the problems but the MTA needs to do more. She had included several suggested route improvements with her petition.

“This doesn’t help people like me who live in the heart of Rosedale by Valley Stream,” she said.

Campbell is hoping to attend the July 21 hearing and lobby for additional service.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/queens/new-bus-line-trip-rosedale-rockaway-easier-article-1.1866521 "

Heres a real head scratcher......4009, 4116, 4132, and 4137 YUK to LGA. No fareboxes in them yet.....

4127,3998,4058,4131 at BP, no fareboxes, from what I'm hearing if the strike happens, these will see BP service, if strike doesn't happen, then these will go to JFK (this came from a source who works at at bp)

Sounds like the shuttles are gonna be coming out of LGA and BP. Not surprised they didn't give them MCIs from storage for it, especially since a good bunch of them will be school buses that don't even have AC...

Would have been better off taking RTS out of storage. Those hybrids could crap out on the highway (good thing is they won't be going that fast at least as they get closer to the city) and can't handle the crowds as good as a high floor.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life