MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

8090-8119, 8399-8480 Jamaica

8120-8184- Charleston

8185-8251- Castleton

8252-8317- Yukon

8318-8358- Gun Hill

8359-8398- Kingsbridge

8481-8503- Queens Village

So wait a min... With the change in the Order

Jamaica gets 8090-8119, 8399-8503

That's counting in QV's order now

This is WELL over 130 buses... 135 to be exact

What's leaving now ?

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like ENY is going to slowly give their LFS to JA, and at the same time QV's order will be handed over as well (8403 was in service, I mentioned that earlier - it was on the Q17).

You know that might have been the bus I've seen I wasn't sure if the 8400's were starting to come because the 8200's and 8300's are even here yet.

It was 8403 I saw not 8094 which might be at Jamaica too.

I misspoke earlier in the day.  I was suggesting that since QV is not getting their 23 new Nova LFS' (as per Trevor Logan), I feel QV should get 8045-8089 transferred from Jamaica, not the 4800's I said in error.  This way QV will have 89 fairly new buses while Jamaica hits the jackpot with about 135 New Nova LFS'.  It wouldn't be fair for Jam to have 135 new buses and 45 a couple of years old while QV has all hand me downs except their present 44 LFS'.

Sorry, senior moment. 

Also. memories are short.  Some of you forgot the Xcellsiors were not delivered in numerical order.  Therefore, a big deal should not be made about 8400's already being delivered to Jamaica.  There is no law that says buses must be delivered in numerical order!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from Maspeth

I misspoke earlier in the day. I was suggesting that since QV is not getting their 23 new Nova LFS' (as per Trevor Logan), I feel QV should get 8045-8089 transferred from Jamaica, not the 4800's I said in error. This way QV will have 89 fairly new buses while Jamaica hits the jackpot with about 135 New Nova LFS'. It wouldn't be fair for Jam to have 135 new buses and 45 a couple of years old while QV has all hand me downs except their present 44 LFS'.

Sorry, senior moment.

Also. memories are short. Some of you forgot the Xcellsiors were not delivered in numerical order. Therefore, a big deal should not be made about 8400's already being delivered to Jamaica. There is no law that says buses must be delivered in numerical order!!!!!!

Oh Ok just looked at your earlier post. I would agree that the 2011 LFS buses should all go to QV to kind of even out the age in the depot.

So what is QV getting exactly ?

Even if it is only 23 buses... If they are in fact getting the 4800s from ENY

Then it makes sense that the 1999 Novas end up back in ENY

Although my friend and I were talking about the recent moves and he did bring up a good point

With Jamaica receiving 135 NEW buses

It would almost be likely that in due time a piece of those LFS would see QV (Mileage and Fleet Age Average)

Might not happen right away but some point down the line

JFK depot: see my post made at 9:56 PM on Friday 10/9/15.

IDK what QV is getting in place of the 23 LFS' that they will not longer be getting.  Don't forget, NYCT has the right to change new bus assignments......and they have.  I mentioned the 4800's in error.  I meant to say the 8000's, specifically 8045-8089 SHOULD come to QV since the 23 LFS will no longer be coming to QV.  But we don't know what QV is actually getting as MOST of their fleet should be replaced due to age. 

I am breaking a rule here: we should be reporting what actually gets transferred and arrives new to depots, not speculation like what I am doing.

Apologies to the administrators.

Edited by Bill from Maspeth

JFK depot: see my post made at 9:56 PM on Friday 10/9/15.

IDK what QV is getting in place of the 23 LFS' that they will not longer be getting. Don't forget, NYCT has the right to change new bus assignments......and they have. I mentioned the 4800's in error. I meant to say the 8000's, specifically 8045-8089 SHOULD come to QV since the 23 LFS will no longer be coming to QV. But we don't know what QV is actually getting as MOST of their fleet should be replaced due to age.

I am breaking a rule here: we should be reporting what actually gets transferred and arrives new to depots, not speculation like what I am doing.

Apologies to the administrators.

Your right when I think about it

That batch should go over to QV...

The NGs JA sent to CS might end up coming back as more XDs come in

So those 4600s could be a possible candidate to get pushed out of Jamaica again

(Jamaica never liked Orion's) so I'm sure those would be the first option to leave over the older LFS but anything could happen really this IS the MTA we talking about smh

Someone please help me out with this. I've seen pictures of a freshly delivered  bus labeled 8090 with Jamaica depot stickers and a new repaint scheme. But I passed the Zerega facility later that day and 8090 was there with its old paint scheme and ENY stickers. I'll post a pic when i get the chance because I'm doing this on my phone but does anyone have any knowledge about this? And 8402 was in service running heavily on the Q5.

Someone please help me out with this. I've seen pictures of a freshly delivered  bus labeled 8090 with Jamaica depot stickers and a new repaint scheme. But I passed the Zerega facility later that day and 8090 was there with its old paint scheme and ENY stickers. I'll post a pic when i get the chance because I'm doing this on my phone but does anyone have any knowledge about this? And 8402 was in service running heavily on the Q5.

Exactly what I thought! Jamaica's bus is a new 8090, just like the 6365 and 7560 buses. 

Post that pic up! I want some credit from those who said it wasn't so! Still batting 1.000 on these buses.

Two 8090's were made the old one is probably going to either be remembered or returned to Novabus

I doubt it's going to get renumbered. It's likely going back to NovaBUS as a demo bus.

If it gets renumbered....I can only see it get renumbered to 8017, but at the same time, that would make no sense at all.

I doubt it's going to get renumbered. It's likely going back to NovaBUS as a demo bus.

If it gets renumbered....I can only see it get renumbered to 8017, but at the same time, that would make no sense at all.

At this point I don't think we will see another 8017 unless it is either the bus they are using to build the the other buses or a new unit will be tacked Into the order.